WCW superstars at Wrestlemania 17

Enrico Federico

• Paid Members
For what it's worth the Observer reports that the WCW group consisted of Johnny Ace, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Mike Awesome, Lance Storm, Hugh Morrus, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Chuck Palumbo, Mike Sanders, Stacey Kiebler and Shawn Stasiak.

Random. Sanders never got on WWF TV did he?

Incidentally the planned run-in would have been shit. A bunch of lads from "the enemy" running in on the biggest stage of the year would have elicited boos and ruined the near-perfect face/heel dynamic Shane v Vince had at that point.

You've just reminded me that I used to adore Sanders. A name I haven't heard in ages.

Apparently, he didn't get called up because he didn't use the right ettiquette when addressing Triple H. It sounds so much like horseshite, but I hope its true.

You've just reminded me that I used to adore Sanders. A name I haven't heard in ages.

Apparently, he didn't get called up because he didn't use the right ettiquette when addressing Triple H. It sounds so much like horseshite, but I hope its true.

I've heard Raven talk about that a couple of times. He was writing OVW with Sanders help at that point.

For what it's worth the Observer reports that the WCW group consisted of Johnny Ace, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Mike Awesome, Lance Storm, Hugh Morrus, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Chuck Palumbo, Mike Sanders, Stacey Kiebler and Shawn Stasiak.

Incidentally the planned run-in would have been shit. A bunch of lads from "the enemy" running in on the biggest stage of the year would have elicited boos and ruined the near-perfect face/heel dynamic Shane v Vince had at that point.

I can't even fathom how it would've worked. As it was, Linda, Trish and (I think) Foley already interfered for Shane, didn't they? If the entire WCW roster had come down to give Vince a kicking as well, it would've been the first coming of Hart vs McMahon from WrestleMania 26.

• Paid Members

Iv'e said so many times I thought Mike Sanders could have been a star although it was more likely he would have been if WCW had of stayed open, he wasn't that big but the guy could talk and got bags of mic time really early in his WCW career, he did some great stuff in late 2000/2001 and they seemd to be positioning him as a potential protege/comedy foil for Flair. He obviously had a good reading of the business aswell if he was helping Raven book OVW when he was only about 4 years into his career at the time. He's doing stand up atm and the odd indy appearance but I really thought the guy had the oppourtunity to do so much more.

Especially if it was that bunch of losers.

Archived