Do You Download Movies & Music? And If So, Why?

David

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, whatever, I like to have the packaging and what have you. Might just be my obsessive compulsive nature, but watching a TV series off a blank disc isn't nearly as good.
Thats a much better reason. Myself, if I like a show enough I will also buy it cause the full package is desirable, extras are a plus (even though torrents do sometimes include all dvd extras but not often) and I like that the people that brought me said gem will profit from me.

But as money is tight, I'll DL shows alot, its no diff to watching them on TV really cept I'm watching them on my own terms rather than a set clock, my download of the first season of Boardwalk Empire is better quality than any UK tv showing anyway, no logos on the screen and no ads, dvd quality too. The idea that torrents are poor quality and you have to watch them via Windows Media Player is prehistoric, when if you know what you are doing, you can watch them like they are Blu-rays on a 60" HDTV.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
A fair few criminals on this forum by the looks of it.

I'd rather be a downloader than a rapist or a con man, and we've got them on the forum too. What's your point?

I'd rather be a bank robber than a rapist or con man, but it doesn't mean that I should get a free pass for being such, does it?

Conman is way better than a bank robber, you need to sort your priorities :p

• Moderators

I'd rather be a downloader than a rapist or a con man, and we've got them on the forum too. What's your point?

Now that's unfair. The proper confessed rapist has gone. We've got a convicted sex offender, yes, but "rapist" is inaccurate. Unless you're including statutory, which doesn't really count.

Aren't you a convicted criminal?

• Paid Members

Is downloading illegal now? I think it used to be the case that only sharing copyrighted files was illegal, which is why torrents were the main way people were prosecuted (because torrents facilitate simultaneous downloading and uploading). I honestly don't know whether downloading stuff can get you in trouble or not.

It can. By downloading it you are making a copy, which is illegal without permission.

Archived