Do You Download Movies & Music? And If So, Why?

David

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to, but over the past 3 years I've plateaued as to what I want content and media wise, and I own basically everything I would feasibly download, and since decent content is something that rarely comes along, I can afford everything I want with considerable comfort. Still have my encrypted Usenet connection though, not giving that up for anyone.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to download everything however I tend to buy my music through iTunes these days. It's so quick to download a high-quality track (album) for a small price.

Movies I buy on blu-ray because I enjoy having the physical product plus the quality. Unless of course cash is tight and then I'll download.

Used to download all my music, then Spotify came along. Now use Spotify (Premium + Mobile), and tend to buy one-offs, rarities etc. Movies, I download the occasional one, normally following convos with friends about old films (Porkys, FMJ). Have a reasonable DVD collection, but more than happy with my current torrent usage.

A fair few criminals on this forum by the looks of it.

I'd rather be a downloader than a rapist or a con man, and we've got them on the forum too. What's your point?

Now that's unfair. The proper confessed rapist has gone. We've got a convicted sex offender, yes, but "rapist" is inaccurate. Unless you're including statutory, which doesn't really count.

A fair few criminals on this forum by the looks of it.

I'd rather be a downloader than a rapist or a con man, and we've got them on the forum too. What's your point?

I'd rather be a bank robber than a rapist or con man, but it doesn't mean that I should get a free pass for being such, does it?

Technically, recording stuff off the TV onto a video was illegal back in the day I believe.

I download TV shows and the occasional film. Everything I download has been or will be shown on the television package that I already pay for. I see no problem in it whatsoever.

It's essentially a more convenient way of 'recording' them.

I buy DVD's because I couldn't be bothered to download a full series of something, and I like to watch it in great quality on a TV.

One day people are going to learn how to rip TV shows at DVD (or even HD) quality and figure out how we can play the files on a TV. That's probably hundreds of years in the future, but it'll be nice.

Now that's just crazy talk, things like that will just never be possible, I guess if Aliens came to earth and helped speed up our technological advancement, then maybe just maybe, RIP Diva Sunny's great (x47) grandkids maybe able to live out such a fantasy as that.

Archived