Is there still a place for midget wrestlers in the business?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I was recently watching some 1997 WWF, and one thing that struck me was that they put a lot of time into midget wrestlers during the period. And to spice it up, they put Sunny as the referee and did a few midget spots with her as well. It was way more funny and entertaining than I remembered. I quite enjoyed it. Minidust, Minikind, Mini Vader, Max Mini and a few others were really good and the commentatry team were on top form during it. Now we have Hornswoggle knocking about, but he doesnt do much really does he? If there was an evil midget who kicked the fuck out of him, I might grow to feel sorry for the Little Bastard. Do you think a few midget matches would be a good thing? Even if its on Superstars or something? Personally a midget version of NXT would be something I'd watch every week. Think of WWE with a mini Santino or a mini Vickie Guerrero? That couldnt fail could it?

Friday night, nearly 1am, discussion turns to midgets...been drinking, Ian?

It might actually work as an amusing distraction on Superstars, where the matches are essentially outside of the storylines for the most part. I think on Raw or SmackDown! they'd just disrupt the flow of the show though. The Juniors Division hardly worked out well a couple of years back.

I do quite like a comedy midget now and then though. I like the idea of Hornswaggle getting a nemesis. It would have been good if Chavo had brought a big fat Mexican midget in to get revenge on 'Swaggle after he kept getting humbled in their lengthy feud.

I just realised Hornswaggle already had a nemesis: Little Boogeyman. And it was shit.

Changed my mind. Midget wrestlers suck.

100% yes.

I can be a bit of a mark for Hornswaggle but there's nothing worthwhile for him at present. A little feud with someone like Super Porky could be ace.

Many times the midgets have stole the show (WWA), or very nearly (WM3), and anyone that says no to midgets may be a little discriminatory so watch yourselves ;)

But yeah. And whilst we're at it, they need a couple of real fatties too. Glad they keep Khali but they may have more than they need in the Rey Mysterio category. Rey should go so they can accommodate a random midget for a few weeks... yeah. Fuck off Rey you plastic midge.

• Paid Members

Little people. You insensitive swines!

Anyway there are obviously some really talented mini's in Mexico so theres wrestlers to turn to.

Has anyone watched this Hulk Hogan's Micro Championship Wrestling? Sounds like it'll be hokey as hell.

Yep - I'd be up for anything new or even retro for WWE TV to liven it up. Get them on there doing midget comedy spots with Jack Swagger chasing them and occasionally catching and killing one. Go on the little fellas.

Also get a one legged wrestler back - Lesner killing Gowen (sp?) was one of my favourite things as my mate saw it and described it as being like a "Rottweiler with a baby".

The Juniors Division hardly worked out well a couple of years back.

:( I loved that division. Pure harmless fun with over the top characters. Come to think of it, that period on SmackDown had some awesome over the top characters all over the place. I actually thought they should have kept things that way, have silly over the top characters running all over smackDown and having a more serious product on RAW.

• Paid Members

The "Lesner" one, I can sort of understand as the sounds can be confused, but the persistent typing of "Hornswaggle" is irritating no end. Seriously: it's written on the fucking banners on their TV programmes, it's on their websites, and the "a" and "o" keys are on the opposite sides of the keyboard, so it's clearly not a typo. Grrrrrrrr

The "Lesner" one, I can sort of understand as the sounds can be confused, but the persistent typing of "Hornswaggle" is irritating no end. Seriously: it's written on the fucking banners on their TV programmes, it's on their websites, and the "a" and "o" keys are on the opposite sides of the keyboard, so it's clearly not a typo. Grrrrrrrr

The "lesner" one is extremely annoying! He's a massive star yet people can't spell his fucking name properly!

• Paid Members

The "lesner" one is extremely annoying! He's a massive star yet people can't spell his fucking name properly!

I tend to reserve that sort of annoyance for people who type "Rick Flair".

Fuck me, I've been spelling Hornswaggle's name wrong to the point it offends others. Didn't know that was possible!

I will persist because, seriously, he's only a midget.

I really should pay more attention to those fucking banners though!

Archived