LDN's Sanjay Bagga

Beckham's Right Foot

• Paid Members
Alen Lee Travis, I for one wouldn't want to be trained by someone who I can actually physically

Beat up.

I'm pretty sure a few people on this board could have shawn micheals if they wanted to, but I'm also pretty sure that all of those people would love to be trained by him if they went into sports entertainment

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Strongly agree with your last comment! Only reason he is a trainer because he is best mates with sanjay, he is a champion purely on that basis. The only people who think he is the greatest trainer in the world are the 10 year olds who look up to him.

Your only 2 posts are bashing this one guy? You've only been here a week? Something tells me you have a slight personal issue.

What is it with you people? You got a personal issue with him, take it up with him. Jeez.

Clearly the case. Obviously cannot put together something constructive. And who is going on about him being the 'best trainer in the world'? This is just a ridiculous and bitter-sounding jab which has no substance.

Serious question. Has anyone seen a Travis trained wrestler in the ring and if so, did they nearly kill anyone?

To be a credible trainer you must of had wrestled in over 1000 matches (I could be wrong on that figure but I know it is in the 1000 region.) Or have wrestled more then 7 years.

...according to who?

Hay... I agree a trainer should be experienced, but you make it sound like some kind of official stat.

To be a credible trainer you must of had wrestled in over 1000 matches (I could be wrong on that figure but I know it is in the 1000 region.) Or have wrestled more then 7 years.

...according to who?

Hay... I agree a trainer should be experienced, but you make it sound like some kind of official stat.

I was having a conversation with some old school wrestlers about this very subject and that is what was said. I did say I might be wrong on the figure. Now that I think more on the subject it takes 7 years from the start of your career before you can no longer be called a rookie.

...according to who?

I was having a conversation with some old school wrestlers about this very subject and that is what was said. I did say I might be wrong on the figure. Now that I think more on the subject it takes 7 years from the start of your career before you can no longer be called a rookie.

Although the "old school guy" you were talking to no doubt has a wise head on his shoulders, when your a finally a "veteran" and when it's appropriate to be a trainer is awfully subjective. It's far from official.

I mean when I initially started training (back in 2001) I was given various amounts of training by guys who (as far as I was aware) had not been in the business for 7 + years at that time. But when your talking about guys Justin Richards, Mark Sloan, Alex Shane, Doug Williams, Guy Thunder and The New Breed... you be hard pressed to find many guys who are better trainers in the UK outside of the NWA-UK Hammerlock. They were ace trainers.

Likewise I know many guys who have been involved in wrestlers and non wrestlers in the UK who have been involved in the business for 10 plus years... and if they ever referred to themselves as "veterans" they'd end up being branded as stupid marks for themselves.

Ultimately it is your peers and those around you that ultimately dictate your reputation as a veteran and if you'd be a good trainer or not.

I Strongly agree with your last comment! Only reason he is a trainer because he is best mates with sanjay, he is a champion purely on that basis. The only people who think he is the greatest trainer in the world are the 10 year olds who look up to him.

Your only 2 posts are bashing this one guy? You've only been here a week? Something tells me you have a slight personal issue.

What is it with you people? You got a personal issue with him, take it up with him. Jeez.

Clearly the case. Obviously cannot put together something constructive. And who is going on about him being the 'best trainer in the world'? This is just a ridiculous and bitter-sounding jab which has no substance.

Serious question. Has anyone seen a Travis trained wrestler in the ring and if so, did they nearly kill anyone?

I've seen Tom Dawkins have genuinely good matches, and I believe he was trained by Travis. I'm not too familiar with the current crop of LDN trainees though as I've not been to the training school in a long time, so I can't really pass judgement on the rest.

• Paid Members

Mark Sloan wasn't wrestling for that long before he become a trainer, and helped develop some of the best wrestlers this country has seen in the past 10 years. As Andrew Coyne says, it's awfully subjective. If you're good enough to train someone, you're good enough to train someone. Of course, the more experience can help massively.

Mark Sloan wasn't wrestling for that long before he become a trainer, and helped develop some of the best wrestlers this country has seen in the past 10 years. As Andrew Coyne says, it's awfully subjective. If you're good enough to train someone, you're good enough to train someone. Of course, the more experience can help massively.

I don't want to get into this conversation at all, but for the record I have working 7 years before I started sharing what I had learned, the teaching people didn't properly start for a few years after that.

Plus the business at that time was a VERY different place to what it is now. I had the words of wisdom and coaching from some of the best british wrestlers that have ever competed over here. Had more own place to perfect what I had learned. There is no comparrsion from then to now. Just in the same way as there was no comparrison to the people who learnt 10 years before me.

I don't want to get into this conversation at all, but for the record I have working 7 years before I started sharing what I had learned, the teaching people didn't properly start for a few years after that.

Plus the business at that time was a VERY different place to what it is now. I had the words of wisdom and coaching from some of the best british wrestlers that have ever competed over here. Had more own place to perfect what I had learned. There is no comparrsion from then to now. Just in the same way as there was no comparrison to the people who learnt 10 years before me.

Sorry Mark, didn't mean to under sell you. Hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way.

Sorry Mark, didn't mean to under sell you. Hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way.

Not at all, i didn't take in any particular way. I just wanted to stress that things were very different when I got started.

He puts on a good family friendly entertaining show that all the kids in the crowd enjoy (although the boy's reaction to an LDN show is going to be interesting now he's seen a WWE show) he doesn't rip the arse out of the ticket prices and doesn't promise wrestlers he's not going to deliver (well there was the Doug Williams - Jon Ritchie rematch...but Doug was busy with TNA). To be honest as a punter thats all I really give a shit about.

TBH it sounds like a great business model to me !!!!!

IMO it's making the kids wanna come back that will keep you selling tickets :thumbsup:

Going back to the subject of sanjay bagga. I remember when he did his first show at hanley victoria hall. He tried his best to put on a good show and the main thing that did this was because he had Kendo Nagasaki on. All the hanley audience thought he was going to work wonders for us. But it was wrong. He came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. But what did us was the dirty trick he did on kendo by putting on his website his proper name and the village he lived in and he also did the same about his manager goth. This really riled the kendo fans. But there was one thing i had never seen before was a pomoter actually helping to pull down the ring and drivng the ring van. which was what sanjay did. This is something you wouldnt see brian dixon do.

Going back to the subject of sanjay bagga. I remember when he did his first show at hanley victoria hall. He tried his best to put on a good show and the main thing that did this was because he had Kendo Nagasaki on. All the hanley audience thought he was going to work wonders for us. But it was wrong. He came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. But what did us was the dirty trick he did on kendo by putting on his website his proper name and the village he lived in and he also did the same about his manager goth. This really riled the kendo fans. But there was one thing i had never seen before was a pomoter actually helping to pull down the ring and drivng the ring van. which was what sanjay did. This is something you wouldnt see brian dixon do.

That busines with Kendo is what got me here. I was looking for news on the Kendo situation and found the thread with Atlantis and her 100 accounts foaming on here about LDN while everyone laughed at her and told her to fuck off. :laugh:

On the subject of Sanjay, at the end of the day he's a promoter, so all he's doing is promoting his product as the best and at the same time promoting himself at the best. I don't think there's anything wrong with that really.

On the subject of training, as someone said it's very subjective. The trainer at my training school has 7+ years experience, has wrestled town shows and camp shows all over the country, and in the opinion of James Mason, is one of the best workers around at the moment. However, thats not why he's my trainer. He's my trainer because he's been with me since my first show so knows exactly what I look for when booking a wrestler, and basically teaches the trainees how to work a Welsh Wrestling show....by the way, details on my training school are here :D

Archived