UKFF Player Of The Season

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Since we, seemingly to a man, disagree with the Player Of The Season out come, let's have our own.

PM me your team of the season, consisting of 1 Goalkeeper, 1 Right back, 1 left back, 2 Centre backs, 4 midfielders (of any type) and 2 Strikers.

Also include your top 5 players of the season in order. I'll award 10 points for first, 6 for second and 3, 2 & 1 for third, fouth and fifth on each list and collate the results.

Add a few lines of reasoning if you want to, it'll help the reveal.

I'll try to keep my PM box empty.

• Paid Members

For visibility, I'll put my nomination in here:

Team:

Van Der Saar

Rafael - Kompany - Vidic - Cole

Nani - Wilshere - Modric - Giggs

Tevez - Hernandez

Player:

5. Tevez

4. Wilshere

3. Nani

2. Modric

1. Vidic

Vidic is undisputable for me. When you are the leader and most consistent player of the best team in the country, I don't think there can be any other choice.

Modric is a wonderful little player who knits Tottenham together. He should be in a team that is challenging for honours. In saying that, in a fit combo of Lennon-Huddlestone-Modric-VDV-Bale, Spurs arguably have the best midfield in the league. If they had a decent striker, left back, goalie and centre-half, they could win the league.

Is it Premier League only?

The team of the year is Premier League. If you genuinely believe a lower league player is player of the year, nominate away.

Fair shout as watching QPR play on the TV this year has been better than about 90% of anything the EPL has to offer when Taarabt is playing.

Archived