Which Sports Stars could crossover?

SK8_WAR

Following on from another thread which spoke about how many of the ex-top level WWE stars came from glistening professional sporting backgrounds - Rock, Lesnar, etc. It made me wonder if there are any sports stars that people think could successfully cross over in professional wrestling?

Floyd Mayweather for example. Seems to be a perfect heel, but obviously his size would hold him back.

So anyone else that springs to mind?

Floyd Mayweather for example. Seems to be a perfect heel, but obviously his size would hold him back.

Eh?

When he had his match at Mania with Big Show, everyone was talking about how he was meant to be a babyface, but showed heel characteristics.

And I meant that if he became a fully-flegded wrestler, he probably wouldn't go far in WWE due to his size. That's just my opinion

Eh?

When he had his match at Mania with Big Show, everyone was talking about how he was meant to be a babyface, but showed heel characteristics.

And I meant that if he became a fully-flegded wrestler, he probably wouldn't go far in WWE due to his size. That's just my opinion

A guy of Floyd Mayweathers size probably faces a uphill battle in WWE. But if that guy IS Floyd Mayweather then he's already a mega mega star miles bigger then they have already.

• Paid Members

Eh?

His heelishness was down to him being a natural heel, a cocky fucker who splashed money around and behaved in a superior manner to everyone else - his size, if anything, should've made him a babyface up against one of the biggest men on the planet. Mayweather's just not likable.

Not many sports stars I can think of would be suited to wrestling. Most of the ones that are would more likely go into MMA anyway.

• Paid Members

Herschel Walker is an athletic freak, who has been able to turn his abilities to (and achieve comparatively moderate success in) a variety of different sports. If he were brought in for a short run, I reckon he would adapt quicker and more convincingly than most other sports stars. With the right opponents and booking, it could actually yield quite decent results.

In terms of sports stars with the physical presence to make it, look no further than: Sebastien Chabal.

sebastien-chabal.jpgChabal01_322x450.jpg

Give him the Goldberg push, his spear would be ace:

^^^This!!! The man is a beast. He's like Mike Knox's hard bastard brother.

• Paid Members

It probably would never happen but Roy 'Big country' Nelson often speaks about wanting to be a WWE wrestler if asked. His physique would probably have Vince shaking his head but the dude has amazing cardio for a fatty and tons of presence and I think would make a great heel.

roy-nelson.jpg

• Paid Members

Most Rugby props could crossover. I'll limit mine to a few.

Eorl Crabtree has the size, the name and this:

eorl-crabtree-001.jpg

Epalahame Lauaki is fucking massive and he's already got the tats:

_45115028_lauaki226gi.jpg

Always though Colin Charvis had great hair for pro-wrestling, might have to change the name though:

_39930011_charvis300gt.jpg

Archived