Could Austin still run with the ball?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Austin could do it physically, and im pretty sure that once the rust has worn off he'd put on some great matches too. I just dont see Austin as a character working in the current PG climate, and i personally could do without another comedy Austin run.. I'd love to see Austin vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania though, but thats likely wishful thinking..

I think he's been gone long enough to make plenty of great feuds and matches. So yes I believe he could still run with the ball. Austin v The Miz or John Cena or CM Punk or Randy Orton would all be fresh and exciting not to mention a huge wrestlemania match with Taker.

Can't ever see it though. He seem's a happier now that he's not wrestling. The Tough Enough gig is perfect for him. He's ace on that show.

add 99 to it as well and his remaining years after that and his current deals and he'sgot a nice wage.

Austin has done 6 direct to video movies since Condemned and got a bit part in Expendable. That combined won't bring in what The rock made for his last movie.

He had a rather expensive divorce in '03 which he'll probably still be paying out for the rest of his life and has a 2,000 acre ranch in Texas which must cost a fair whack and cost a bit to maintain etc.

No doubt he's also still living the lifestyle of someone still earning $6million dollars a year and like lots of people with money probably got hit by the finacial meltdown.

I'm just saying he didn't wake up one morning and decide he wanted to be involved with wrestling again after previously insisting he was too banged up for once more match - i'm sure it started with a call from his accountant followed by one to Vince.

He gave us some great matches but thats many years ago...

If they brought him back and put a title on him then it better be as part of some great writing.

• Moderators

Austin could easily do a final run. But why does he have to? He probably makes more from his dodgy films and a nice wedge of tough enough sitting in his ranch for 9 months a year and he's saved well, so he doesn't have to. I half expect him to have one more match, but not anything near one more run and fair play to him. He got out of the business before it ate him up too much. Put it this way, he twatted his wife, but he didn't do her in.

• Paid Members

Austin said on Howard Stern that he got a pre-nup with his last two wives so he never took a financial hit during his big money years. He might be shit at relationships, but he's not stupid. Thats why Debra tried to use his name on talk shows a few years ago, because she had to sell her wedding ring and tried to get a job in TNA because she hasnt got a pot to piss in. If Austin isnt a multi-millionaire, then he needs to find a new agent. I imagine he's mega-loaded.

• Paid Members

Honestly if he came back and won the title what the fuck would it do, a man who has retired for nearly 10 years wins the title, and we all know how fucked his neck is. I know Foreman did it in boxing, but christ Austin winning the title would be terrible, good writing or not. Just no point in that.

I'm sure straight to DVD movies do a decent whack of money, if they profit. Of course Austin hasn't earned Rock level moolah.

What's to say Austin didn't accept Tough Enough as it's a gig to get his name out there more still, plus it's possible he might be back as a favour to Vince. They have an on/off but good relationship.

I just can't see Austin being back because he needs the cash.

Being completely selfish, I hope he comes back for at least another couple of matches. I'd love to see him face Miz or Punk at Wrestlemania. Plus, after seeing the odd clip of future Tough Enough episodes, it looks like he takes quite a few bumps. Fingers crossed eh?

• Paid Members

People have been talking up a Miz or CM Punk vs Austin match, but is there any money in that? Surely the real money is in an Undertaker or a John Cena match? Because Austin probably wouldnt sell for Punk or Miz on his first match back. You'd want him to storm the ring and slap this pair about. It would be like a 6 minute Smackdown match, because neither of those two are beating Austin. Imagine an Austin vs Undertaker match at WrestleMania? I'd buy it now, just on the promise. The build up would be intense. If Austin's coming back for a special attraction match, the likes of CM Punk and Miz, surely shouldnt be on the list of opponents for him.

People have been talking up a Miz or CM Punk vs Austin match, but is there any money in that? Surely the real money is in an Undertaker or a John Cena match? Because Austin probably wouldnt sell for Punk or Miz on his first match back. You'd want him to storm the ring and slap this pair about. It would be like a 6 minute Smackdown match, because neither of those two are beating Austin. Imagine an Austin vs Undertaker match at WrestleMania? I'd buy it now, just on the promise. The build up would be intense. If Austin's coming back for a special attraction match, the likes of CM Punk and Miz, surely shouldnt be on the list of opponents for him.

Yeah you're probably right. As a personal preference, I'd prefer him facing Punk than Taker right now just because it's something we've never seen, it'd be interesting to see how it would pan out. Plus, there's a ready-made feud with the straight-edge thing.

Obviously I'd prefer to see Austin vs. Cena, but Cena's all caught up with The Rock.

Austin winning the title would be terrible, good writing or not.

Liar

If he came back to a slow build into some fierce rivalry with someone like Cena and the title got involved along the way you could kinda buy it. Who else would he be able to work with where the outcome might not be too obvious.

Austin coming back to take the title off The Miz to me that would be a hard sell- was the Miz even born the last time Austin had a belt?

I've heard Austin mention Hogan a few times which would be horrible even if Hogan's latest surgery got him back to the level of mobility he had in say 2005.

Oh an even with a pre nup wives are expensive things...

Archived