Could Austin still run with the ball?

Jetta's G-string

After watching last weeks Raw, and seeing Stone Cold whoop Riley's arse, do you think Austin could make a return (injuries permitting - although i'm sure i read recently that he's all healed up) and be a main eventer in today's WWE and perform at a top level? Even though he only done a few moves to Riley, he looked like he hadn't missed a beat.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Of course he could. He's Steve Austin. He'd slap the lot of them about. He's a big star and there isnt to many at the minute. If you booked Miz vs Austin tomorrow, would anyone believe Miz would have a chance? He's not lost his aura. He could come back, but I doubt he ever will. He said the other week, he could have come back to wrestle but says he hopes he never does. He doesnt need to anyway. He looks to be having a fairly decent career away from WWE.

Austin said recently he reckons he could do another year or 2 on a full schedule, so thats sort of good.

I think that's if he lost all his money and needed to go back to wrestling, and he could put in another two years knowing he'd probably be spending the rest of his life fucked up, though.

• Paid Members

This was the quote:

I could still, you know if I was in a bad situation, I could still get two years out of my carcass on a full-time basis. But I'm happy where I'm at. And in ten or twenty years I still want to be doing the things I'm doing with my hunting and fishing. I want to continue to do that in a pain-free fashion. And right now I'm living a pretty pain-free lifestyle.

I think the "bad situation" means, if he was pennyless. He's 46 now. Why would he comeback? Shawn Michaels was still in his 30s when he returned and his reputation was a mess when he left. Michaels needed to comeback to re-write his story. Austin would be mad to return, especially after all the years of pain he had, and now to be pain-free.

This was the quote:

I could still, you know if I was in a bad situation, I could still get two years out of my carcass on a full-time basis. But I'm happy where I'm at. And in ten or twenty years I still want to be doing the things I'm doing with my hunting and fishing. I want to continue to do that in a pain-free fashion. And right now I'm living a pretty pain-free lifestyle.

I think the "bad situation" means, if he was pennyless. He's 46 now. Why would he comeback? Shawn Michaels was still in his 30s when he returned and his reputation was a mess when he left. Michaels needed to comeback to re-write his story. Austin would be mad to return, especially after all the years of pain he had, and now to be pain-free.

I wonder if Hogan thinks Austin is a pussy for now living a pain-free life

• Paid Members

I think id like to see Austin in an Ambassador/Commisioner style role, id be happy to see him turn up once a month on Raw, lay the law down by making a few fan friendly decissions/stipulations, kicking a bit of ass, and then bugger off for 3 weeks.

In some stupid way, possibly have it come out that he is in fact the man behind the laptop messages (fuck knows how it would work as i cant really remember 95% of what the messages to cole were), but you know, have him as an authority figure, have a few run ins with a number of people, shut them up and then vanish until that person causes trouble a few weeks later.

He could get himself involved with the Cena/Rock thing and try and spice some more life in to it, clutching at straws here.

Sooo, yes, id like him on tv more, but not every week, and if he was to return that much, id like it to be in an authority role some how.

I think there are alot of younger fans who won't know who Austin is anymore - like what Goldberg was saying about wanting his kids to see him wrestle when he was trying to get himself in the WM picture.

There's only so many times Austin can come out and hit a stunner and drink beer before it gets old. When he did this in and amongst some of the best matches we'd seen at the time it was great...not so much now...

By now there should be a queue of people who he hit with a stunner waiting to go in and kick his ass the next time he was in a ring.

Austin left cos he was beat up and went to crack Holywood...he's off making another straight to DVD movie which kinda tells me that's not happening. The way he was thrown into that WM match with virtually NO logic makes it seem like he went to Vince to ask for a payday. If the Undertaker can work about a match a month type schedule then I don't see why Austin can't. Though do we really need someone in the mix who is only there to put themselves over purely for the money or so they can go and have another crack at Holywood?

• Paid Members
I think there are alot of younger fans who won't know who Austin is anymore - like what Goldberg was saying about wanting his kids to see him wrestle when he was trying to get himself in the WM picture.

There's only so many times Austin can come out and hit a stunner and drink beer before it gets old. When he did this in and amongst some of the best matches we'd seen at the time it was great...not so much now...

By now there should be a queue of people who he hit with a stunner waiting to go in and kick his ass the next time he was in a ring.

Austin left cos he was beat up and went to crack Holywood...he's off making another straight to DVD movie which kinda tells me that's not happening. The way he was thrown into that WM match with virtually NO logic makes it seem like he went to Vince to ask for a payday. If the Undertaker can work about a match a month type schedule then I don't see why Austin can't. Though do we really need someone in the mix who is only there to put themselves over purely for the money or so they can go and have another crack at Holywood?

he was at Mania to promote Tough Enough as well. Austin really doesn't need a payday, he's loaded off his tits and really doesn't ever HAVE to have a match again. He seems to be surpressing the urge to do it 'one more time' quite well.

he was at Mania to promote Tough Enough as well. Austin really doesn't need a payday, he's loaded off his tits and really doesn't ever HAVE to have a match again. He seems to be surpressing the urge to do it 'one more time' quite well.

Since WWE it's not like he's had the same

• Paid Members

I know it was a while ago but how much do you think he made during the Attitude era Genius, they guy is pretty well set for life. Warrior wrestled less and he's set for life too, lawsuit win or not he was sitting pretty.

I know it was a while ago but how much do you think he made during the Attitude era Genius, they guy is pretty well set for life. Warrior wrestled less and he's set for life too, lawsuit win or not he was sitting pretty.

Powerslam said he was on $6 million a year back in 98, so he must have made a good wack.

Archived