ultimate warrior - heel turn

nicholasjackson

would it of worked?

i feel even as a massive warrior fan that 2nd and 3rd stint in wwf were nowhere near as good as the late 87 - summerslam 91 run, i feel he shouldve turned heel on savage, claiming savage shouldnt of been champion as the warrior had retired savage at mania 7, i dont feel it wouldve lasted as long as the hogan heel run in wcw but i feel it couldve freshened things up, it may have ended with him being a "tweener" like kevin nash in early 96

not sure who'd manage as heenan had long gone, jimmy hart maybe?

would it of worked?

i feel even as a massive warrior fan that 2nd and 3rd stint in wwf were nowhere near as good as the late 87 - summerslam 91 run, i feel he shouldve turned heel on savage, claiming savage shouldnt of been champion as the warrior had retired savage at mania 7, i dont feel it wouldve lasted as long as the hogan heel run in wcw but i feel it couldve freshened things up, it may have ended with him being a "tweener" like kevin nash in early 96

not sure who'd manage as heenan had long gone, jimmy hart maybe?

I don't see why not to be honest. I think to turn him heel rather than turn on Savage, I'd have him turn on Hogan and batter the fuck out of him. He'd have to change a lot though, no more running to the ring etc, change of facepaint, no more bright colours. I reckon had he turned heel, he would maybe have had a bit more longevity in wwe. He could just bully people in the ring and become a powerhouse who absolutely dominates everyones, and he'd be an unstoppable champion. But the question is would people have booed him for long?

Would have been an interesting one. I was thinking how they could have done it:

WM6: Have him act heelish and go over Hogan?

Have The Road warrior's come in ala 1990, but have them as heels and join with warrior to cause some mayhem

SS 90, have Warrior leave Hogan to get beat by all the rest.

Summerslam 91, leave Hogan to get beatdown by the Iraq's (though you could argue he did when he ran off with the chair)

Have him eliminate Hogan (insdead of Sid doing it) for a Heel Warrior Vs Hogan at WM8

There are a number of options they had open to them. I just cant see warrior going with it tho

Thats the thing Ian. warrior's whole thing was his comeback, and whole routine and that got people cheering. If you eliminate that (as its to 'face') he doesn't really have alot to offer really.

hogan made it work

• Paid Members

Warrior was almost always blown up by the time he got to the ring, he NEEDED those long selling periods to recover. No way would he have been able to keep up a heel heat long enough.

Thats the thing Ian. warrior's whole thing was his comeback, and whole routine and that got people cheering. If you eliminate that (as its to 'face') he doesn't really have alot to offer really.

hogan made it work

He could talk.

Archived