Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

I think you're right about RVD as well, but that's because he's become so unover in TNA that I don't think they consider him a guy worth turning.

RVD was actually meant to take Jeff Hardy's heel spot in Immortal at BFG last year, but RVD told them where to go.

I was gonna say, I suspect the only reason RVD hasn't turned heel in TNA yet is because he's not agreed to.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the 27/10 Impact and it wasn't too bad. Bully Ray vs Jeff Hardy was a decent set up to continue the feud with Jeff Jarrett and Bobby Roode vs Samoa Joe was a decent contest which I'd have liked to see go a little longer. I found Eric Bischoff's demand of an apology from Garrett to be a strange way to close the show and I was surprised not to see Hogan come out. I'm not arsed about Gail Kim's return either. All in all this was a decent invite for the audience to tune in next week to Impact on the Road which will undoubtedly be more important than the next pay per view.

On the subject of Rob Van Dam, I'd love to see him freshen up his look and display his cocky persona on the mic. An RVD heel turn would not be just another stupid TNATURN. I'm sure this wouldn't really have much of an impact on merchandise sales because I can't imagine a fanbase largely made up of fans who cheer their favourites regardless of being a heel or face would not buy a shirt because RVD might say 'you people mean nothing to me!'.

On the subject of Rob Van Dam, I'd love to see him freshen up his look and display his cocky persona on the mic. An RVD heel turn would not be just another stupid TNATURN. I'm sure this wouldn't really have much of an impact on merchandise sales because I can't imagine a fanbase largely made up of fans who cheer their favourites regardless of being a heel or face would not buy a shirt because RVD might say 'you people mean nothing to me!'.

It's easy to tell he's only there for the paycheck. I wouldn't like to know how much he's on either. I expect his contract to be up within the next 6 months and hopefully they don't renew it. He doesn't offer much to the product. He was good to see live on the last TNA UK tour but over than that he's been disapointing. I can probably only name around 2-3 matches which I've enjoyed him in too.

- iMPACT May/June 2010 - RVD/Joe

- Bound For Glory 2010 - RVD/Abyss

- Destination X - RVD/Lynn

• Paid Members

RVD vs Lynn was shite at Destination X. Two old blokes doing moves from 1998. RVD had a good first 6 months in TNA. The night he won the belt is probably the best episode of Impact ever. After he came back from getting 800 stiches and put on the intensive care ward and returned with a taped shin, he's been shite. Its as much TNA's fault as it is his. When TNA was giving him the top position, he was putting a bit of graft in. When they lost interest in him, he lost interest in them. Its the same with all their stars. RVD's going nowhere though. He loves it in TNA. It was only a few weeks ago it was said that RVD is happier in TNA than he's been in years, because he's only there a few times a month. He's got a perfect little gig there.

Thats the thing, people think the likes of Hogan, Flair, RVD, Nash and those types are thick and dont realise the product has been/is/was shit. They know it, but they don't care. If your on big money, for doing very little, why would you rock that boat?

RVD's first 6 months were shite and so has his whole run. It was cool when he debuted as I remember staying up watching it live on a stream and it was pretty exciting (although the US stream had a string of fast food adverts approx every 6-7 minutes). I loved the first 3-4 months of TNA in 2010 as you didn't know who was gonna turn up. I enjoyed his match with Storm at Lockdown but it quickly went downhill. Hogan didn't help either with his weekly "We're raising the bar DUDE" and then doing the RVD taunt.

What did it for me was I always wanted to see a RVD/Styles match I thought for years this would be a brilliant match. I thought great RVD is the sort of X-Title style and can realistically take it to the main event dispite his age. Then we were given it.. AJ Vs RVD on iMPACT, RVD won the title straight away and the two ended up having a shit match at Sacrifice 2010. He went on into a dull program with Sting which wasn't too great at Slammiversary. Then at Victory Road he has an appualing 4 way match defending his title. I know you can argue PPV's don't mean shit in TNA and start mastabating over buyrates. But my point is hes just been disapointing

• Paid Members
Hogan didn't help either with his weekly "We're raising the bar DUDE" and then doing the RVD taunt.

Whats wrong with that? Seems a bit of an odd thing to complain about. What should Hogan have been doing at that point? Telling everyone TNA and their wrestlers were shit compared to the WWE roster like they'd done for the previous 8 years? Hogan's still their most charismatic and best performer on the microphone. Someone had to do the talking for RVD and AJ Styles in that program. Those two couldn't afterall.

Hogan didn't help either with his weekly "We're raising the bar DUDE" and then doing the RVD taunt.

Whats wrong with that? Seems a bit of an odd thing to complain about. What should Hogan have been doing at that point? Telling everyone TNA and their wrestlers were shit compared to the WWE roster like they'd done for the previous 8 years? Hogan's still their most charismatic and best performer on the microphone. Someone had to do the talking for RVD and AJ Styles in that program. Those two couldn't afterall.

I don't mind it every now and then. But it was during the phase when Hogan came out to the ring and talked about how much they we're "raising the bar" and went on about guys phoning him wanting to go to TNA what seemed like every week. It's good he was praising the product but not in the quantity that he was. Sort of one of those cringe moments

• Paid Members
I don't mind it every now and then. But it was during the phase when Hogan came out to the ring and talked about how much they we're "raising the bar" and went on about guys phoning him wanting to go to TNA what seemed like every week. It's good he was praising the product but not in the quantity that he was. Sort of one of those cringe moments

Bit of a strange thing to complain about. Usually its that he doesn't praise them enough.

Anyway, this promo sums up RVD in TNA. Hogan tears him a new one. And it has to be a shoot, because Hogan got it spot on. RVD is the shits.

• Paid Members
Anyway, this promo sums up RVD in TNA. Hogan tears him a new one. And it has to be a shoot, because Hogan got it spot on. RVD is the shits.

That's an awesome segment. Hogan and Sting are excellent playing off one another, whenever they're in a segment together it always feels like they've got a "lets show these losers how it's done" thing going on.

The most annoying thing about RVD is when he appeared at One Night Stand he gave a great shoot/promo about how he wasn't allowed to be himself and couldn't speak his mind in interviews. Fast forward to TNA where I imagine he is given a lot more freedom to say what he wants and his promos are still the same garbage ones he was doing in WWE.

Just found the promo from One Night Stand: RVD Shoot

Nice how they made Victora/Tara look like a piece of shit.

Also was is Karen incharge of the Womans Division?

Yeah she's in charge of the Knockouts know. She's doing an alright job. I just don't like the fact Traci Brooks is there. She looks pretty hangin' lately.

Question is WHY? She was only meant to be incharge when immortal was incharge now they aint and Dixie runs TNA?

I'm expecting TNA just to round up all there loose ends with this:

Archived