Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Storm pins Ray, one of the guys in the other match gets a pin. Then they decide that Crimson's got the most points even though he withdrew, and if he's healthy by BFG time he gets the shot.

That is one way to do it, but to be frank the wrestler's in question would have to be idiot's because they all would know they would need a submission victory to overtake Ray and that's before you take Crimson into account.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've completely zoned out of this tournament. I have no idea whats going on. I know Roode's got a chance, so hopefully he wins it, but its confused the fuck out of me. Hasnt got Steiner got a few games in hand, but cant win it or something? Gunnar's wrestled twice as many as a lot of them. Its up the wall to say the least.

Steiner doesn't have matches in hand. You wrestle as many matches as you can and there's no fixed schedule. That's why it's dumb saying Crimson is eliminated through injury. It would have made a much better story if when he got injured the intrigue was whether or not the points he already had would be enough or if he'd get caught.

I enjoyed all the matches from this impact, but I am really starting to get annoyed by all the backstage immortal stuff. Hopefully once Immortal implode impact can move away from the heavy overcomplicated faction divide and deliver more simplistic storylines and action. As a fan I don't find the Immortal storyline hard to follow, it's more just a case of it being tedious and the fans in attendance obviously didn't give a shit when Hogan was talking at the beginning of the show which is unacceptable when the biggest name in wrestling is in the ring.

I get that they're now doing two matches to sort out this Bound for Glory series, but wasn't the original idea that they were going to have the final four going into a four-way match at the PPV with the winner getting the title shot? Then again, I suspect they're just counting on people not remembering this and changing the rules once again. Every now and then, I wonder if TNA ever book more than a week in advance...I fear not.

Every now and then, I wonder if TNA ever book more than a week in advance...I fear not.

Of course they don't - that's why they've just run a months-long tournament to decide the main event at Bound For Glory :rolleyes:

I get that they're now doing two matches to sort out this Bound for Glory series, but wasn't the original idea that they were going to have the final four going into a four-way match at the PPV with the winner getting the title shot? Then again, I suspect they're just counting on people not remembering this and changing the rules once again. Every now and then, I wonder if TNA ever book more than a week in advance...I fear not.

I don't recall that being the origanal plan, or of them being specificlay clear how they were going to involve the final four, for a while I was hoping they were going to do a round robin, ala that old wcw PPV that I like but a lot of people don't, If you are refering to the spoilers to the last show, I can hardly call that their "origanal idea" and even then I specifcly remeber them stating they were going to have two single matche's before that.

nodq.com

Kurt Angle stated in an interview at last night's Warrior premiere that he will defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Sting and Mr. Anderson in a three-way match at this Sunday's No Surrender pay-per-view event.

Angle, who defends his strap against Anderson on tomorrow night's episode of IMPACT Wrestling, talked about potentially facing the winner of the Bound for Glory Series at next month's pay-per-view event.

"Our biggest event of the year is Bound for Glory in October. I am wrestling Sting and Mr. Anderson in a triple threat match at No Surrender this Sunday, but if I am to win, at Bound for Glory, whoever wins the Bound for Glory points tournament will be the number one contender for Bound for Glory," Angle told Crave Online. "I believe the final four is Robert Roode, Bully Ray, Gunner and James Storm. I know that they're looking for a big star to come out of there and I will wrestle that guy. Hopefully it

• Paid Members
Of course they don't - that's why they've just run a months-long tournament to decide the main event at Bound For Glory :rolleyes:

Ah, so everyone having completely random numbers of matches was all part of a carefully laid out tournament?

I would imagine that, if someone has bothered to sit down, go through all the house show results, and work out how many matches each member of the TNA roster has had in the last 4 months, they're probably spending more time worrying about wrestling than is strictly healthy :laugh:

I would imagine that, if someone has bothered to sit down, go through all the house show results, and work out how many matches each member of the TNA roster has had in the last 4 months, they're probably spending more time worrying about wrestling than is strictly healthy :laugh:

People just kept a running total as the tournament went on, it would have taken around a minute looking at each house show/impact results.

Ah, so everyone having completely random numbers of matches was all part of a carefully laid out tournament?

Probably. Besides its not a round robin type league, so to me the unequal number of matches dosen't bother to me. Essentially it could be argued that the setup favors those more committed to the company, but the risk of taking on more matches is that you risk (a) burn out and (b) injury.

Probably. Besides its not a round robin type league, so to me the unequal number of matches dosen't bother to me. Essentially it could be argued that the setup favors those more committed to the company, but the risk of taking on more matches is that you risk (a) burn out and (b) injury.

But its not the wrestlers choice when they have a match is it. It's down to whoever books the matches, you didn't have people turning down matches. You can't have a tournament where someone has double the chances to win points than someone else, it's ridiculous.

Archived