Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members

I was hoping to build the one on you but didn't find much; so I may well be wrong about you. And the 180 thing, I felt safe Ron was town but now am a little unsure again; if I'd brought it up when convinced Ron was town then he'd appear scum. And also, inexperience about knowing when to bring things up and when not to, I guess

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I was hoping to build the one on you but didn't find much; so I may well be wrong about you. And the 180 thing, I felt safe Ron was town but now am a little unsure again; if I'd brought it up when convinced Ron was town then he'd appear scum. And also, inexperience about knowing when to bring things up and when not to, I guess

Never worry about that Tom. I've played several games now and I always worry if each post makes me look scummy. I would say that you should never be afraid to post your opinions. It's when people say nothing that the game falters.

And the reason you didn't find much for me is because i'm town.

• Paid Members

It's ironic; I've learnt more in this game than my first game, despite me being a winning scum guy in my first game. I'm off to my PS3 now; I'll be back to bah post though ;)

• Paid Members

Never worry about that Tom. I've played several games now and I always worry if each post makes me look scummy. I would say that you should never be afraid to post your opinions. It's when people say nothing that the game falters.

And the reason you didn't find much for me is because i'm town.

To be honest, I was worried about that the first two days of this game and then decided that we were losing anyway so I might as well just go for it.

If you're both town then that means Bristep and Carbomb have to be scum by the way.

If only one of us Vanilla's had tried for the Cop role. :(

• Paid Members

Finlay and Tom - you've been great additions to these games. Make sure you sign up for future ones.

I'm going out for a beer with Carbomb tonight. I'll be gutted if he turns out to be scum. I'm deeply concerned that he is, because he's posted in other threads today and left this thread to continue on it's way.

• Paid Members

Time to own up: the reason I haven't been posting so much in here is because, quite frankly, I've been simultaneously lazy and busy. I've been so busy, I've had very little free time to post at work, and the free time I have before and after, the game becomes more of a chore than enjoyable, because I've got to read through so many posts and scrutinise all the details. It makes me very tired and sleepy.

Back when I didn't have so much to do, these games were much easier and much more enjoyable. The fact I haven't enjoyed this game so much is not Mike's fault whatsoever, nor that of anyone else here; I simply don't have the time or energy these days, and I regret that.

That said, even with my limited schedule, I find that I enjoy modding a hell of a lot more, so while I won't be playing as often in future, I am looking forward to modding my games that I've signed up for.

• Paid Members
Finlay and Tom - you've been great additions to these games. Make sure you sign up for future ones.

I'm going out for a beer with Carbomb tonight. I'll be gutted if he turns out to be scum. I'm deeply concerned that he is, because he's posted in other threads today and left this thread to continue on it's way.

It seems certain. On the plus side, at least he didn't go along with claiming the Weak Doctor and clear his buddies so scum would win the game that way. I was a bit concerned that I might've been handing him the game when I claimed but it seemed like it was worth the risk to try and clear some people.

I might sit out the next game since I'm back to College next week (and I've got a boatload of work to catch up on) but I'll definitely be signing up again.

Out of interest, if tom flips scum but flips as say a mafia goon rather than some other role, then what case do you have that I'm 'scum'?

Hmm, good point. It doesn't seem likely now but hypothetically, that would clear you and it would mean that either Brownie and Carbomb were the scum roleblocker and Doctor or one of them was the Doctor and Bristep was lying about being blocked. Given the tone of Brownie's posts post lynch, I think it'd probably be the latter two.

I probably should've considered that during the game. Bah.

• Paid Members
Time to own up: the reason I haven't been posting so much in here is because, quite frankly, I've been simultaneously lazy and busy. I've been so busy, I've had very little free time to post at work, and the free time I have before and after, the game becomes more of a chore than enjoyable, because I've got to read through so many posts and scrutinise all the details. It makes me very tired and sleepy.

Back when I didn't have so much to do, these games were much easier and much more enjoyable. The fact I haven't enjoyed this game so much is not Mike's fault whatsoever, nor that of anyone else here; I simply don't have the time or energy these days, and I regret that.

That said, even with my limited schedule, I find that I enjoy modding a hell of a lot more, so while I won't be playing as often in future, I am looking forward to modding my games that I've signed up for.

This is the post of a man who knows the game is over. He's scum.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

swiftstrike (1) - tom

spotlightmagnet1 (1) - Carbomb

tom (5) - Ron Simmons, spotlightmagnet1, bristep123, swiftstrike, brownie

Not Voting:

unfitfinlay

That's a lynch!

Struggling tom is dragged to the gallows. The rope drops round his neck as he protests that it was simply a slip of the tongue. Refusing to believe him the townsfolk string him up anyway.

Dead: tom - Vanilla Townie

Also... due to town having no way to block tonight's kill...

Endgamed:

brownie - Vanilla Townie

Spotlightmagnet - Bomb (Town)

bristep123 - Watcher (Town)

unfitfinlay - Vanilla Townie

And your winners:

swiftstrike - Odd Night Vig (Scum)

Ron Simmons - Neighborizor (Scum)

Carbomb - Jailkeeper (Scum)

Main thoughts will come later, but MVPs...

Scum MVP:

This is tough, mainly because had town listened to the town MVP, game would, in essence, have been over long before now. (Especially as Ron made the biggest balls up I have seen in a long time in the SMS/Ron QT, by announcing that he knew spotlight was the bomb... despite the fact that, at that point, nobody knew what swift's role was. Had SMS lived (and spotted it) Ron and swift should have been auto-lynched based on that, the fact neither of them spotted it left me almost pleading with one of them to read it back through. Even better was that SMS died for other reasons, not through Ron making the slip and realizing they had to kill him that night regardless) So I'll have to say swiftstrike, despite coming under huge suspicion at multiple points, he still managed to hang on, and even turn the ONV claim into a pro-town one, if anything, him shooting Snake night 1 (Why? Ron was neighborizing him!) actually benefitted them rather than hindered them.

Town MVP:

No two ways about it, SMS. From start to finish he played a blinder of a game. His scum reads were pretty much bang on the money (he called the entire scum team at one point), and his suggestion of mass claim was actually bang on time, and it should have been done from the bottom up (not just randomly as it was done, though the early game vanilla claims would have hurt mass claim anyway, seriously, stop claiming vanilla the second two people are suspicious of you guys, it harms the town). I'd even say SMS was the MVP overall too due to how well he played here.

I do have some other stuff that I noticed earlier in the game that I've made notes for, but I'll let you all discuss the game here before I get to those as I have other stuff to do. All in all though, well played all round, scum should have been taken out at multiple times, and they pulled through with some beautiful playing. Much more skillful than it would have been with day talk as well I think.

• Paid Members

YAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I would open up my quick time to you all if I had one, but since I was scum and didn't need it, instead it was a case of being inspired to make that reasoning up from being One shot vig in Nexus game over on MS forums and having to make a similar back claim. And the reasoning from that I pulled together and put on pretty much what I pulled together to explain shooting Chris B.

Why shoot Snake when we where neighbourizing him to be honest the switch out of Nick caused that as we didn't put 2 + 2 together there so where using different names for the same slot.

I don't think any of us actually had noticed Lion's doc claim, What actually happened there was that a mistake by someone or deliberate?

And how did no one suspect Bristep after all his I was blocked last night every night, it stood out as hugely scummy to me and I thought it was push able by it seems like no one else was suspicious of that at all.

I'm happy to open up the QT topic if the others are.

• Paid Members

Good game guys, I can't believe we won...we really did live on the edge throughout this game. The lack of day talk was tough. Luckily SMS didn't notice my slip, I tried to cover it by saying I thought swift had claimed town, and quite fortunately by the end of the QT night phase he actually seemed to think I was town.

I think Bristep had a good game, had he pushed his instincts and ignored some of our critical tripe the scum would have won. He wasn't the only one in the town who played well, all the scum team were frequently in the spotlight, we just somehow edged through.

As for the next game, I'm mod and while i create a signup thread I'm not going to start up for at least a couple of weeks. I think we need a little break from the game to recharge our batteries. So good game guys, enjoy your holidays and hope to see you in my mod game!

Archived