Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Didn't actually consider that it put him LA, my main focus was that I'm more sure now that he's scum

I'm LA most of Friday but I'l unvote now and see how tomorow goes before putting it back on

unvote

no, didn't think it was a hammer, Ron. And spotlights vote prompted me to vote as someone else had voted too so i felt more sure it wasnt just that I was getting an incorrect read

That is an appallingly scummy statement.

Quick theory - if the consensus is that Spotlight and Tom are scum together, shouldn't Spotlight be the lynch with Tom hammering?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
it's turned my suspicions 180 degrees

Now I've had my opinion changed 180 degrees.

Probably just an odd coincidence but you both use exactly the same expression?

And brownie, the second part of that sentence not bolded explains why it pushed me into voting; the town consensus was growing about swiftstrike and I wanted to be helpful to town. My worry was also that if swift didn't survive the night and got lynched before I had put a vote in, that people would say that it was dodgy that I didn't vote for someone I considered scum. I know it's likely this wont be believed but, I feel confident that spotlight isn't scum and that Carbomb jumped on him because he is hoping to blow two town up at once if spotlight gets lynched and a town drops the hammer; for that reason, I will NOT hammer spotlight despite what brownie says. If one of me and spot must be lynched then it's got to be me, and then we hope that losing yet another town member doesn't completely kill off our hopes of victory.

I'd much rather we didn't let swiftstrike off the hook though and actually, you know, hammered some scum, and if you're still paranoid about me next phase then lynch me then although killing more town doesn't help; I'm confident that swiftstrike would flip scum though and I'd have been correct about two scum guys. It's likely you'll lynch me soon though so I'm going down swinging :

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

Bristep, you say my vote was scum piling on. If scum can't talk during the day (which has been established) then what's not to say I voted for Swift believing him to be scum and tom jumped on top to try and incriminate me? Isn't that just as likely to be the case as we both being scum?

• Paid Members
Bristep, you say my vote was scum piling on. If scum can't talk during the day (which has been established) then what's not to say I voted for Swift believing him to be scum and tom jumped on top to try and incriminate me? Isn't that just as likely to be the case as we both being scum?

Because he's come out of it looking far worse than you?

And Tom, i'm not sold yet on the theory that you are scum with Spotlight, but i'd have thought those voting for you would have wanted you hammering Spotlight. I'm more interested in knowing why nobody else suggested it.

• Paid Members
So Finlay, Carbomb's claimed vanilla, so what's your opinion on your above theories now?

As I said before, we now know that at least two out of five players (myself, Bristep, Tom, Brownie and Carbomb) have to be scum, and if Tom is either the roleblocker or Doctor then it's likely that Spotlight the third scum member as well. The only other way he could've known there was a bomb in the game is if Tom claimed the role that Nexus went for and didn't get, but that would've been risky because I was between the two and they'd have no way of knowing that I didn't choose it. (Unless I'm scum too of course, but I know I'm not).

Brownie, why did you breadcrumb the Weak Doctor role when TDK had already claimed Vanilla? Also, despite the fact that we know that at least two of the five of us (me, you, Tom, Bristep and Carbomb) are scum, you are still voting for Swift. If you think he's scum then who out of the other four do you think are his scum buddies?

If you read back, TDK caused a boatload of grief with his vanilla claim and not everybody believed him. I had hoped that by going for the breadcrumbing I would draw out a kill (if for nothing else to eliminate any confusion) and then people could put the TDK issue to bed, because i'd have been revealed as Vanilla.

I don't get this at all.

The only people who weren't sure if TDK was lying or not were Town as scum would already know, and they aren't going to waste a nightkill or vig kill (if Swift is scum) on a claimed Vanilla. Realistically all your breadcrumbing has served to do is put off a TOWN Vig, as they aren't likely to take the risk of hitting the Weak Doctor, which is the exact opposite of what you are saying you tried to do.

Finlay - catagorically stated that the roleblocker was scum. How could you know that?

It seems like a safe assumption. Why would a town roleblocker target Bristep three nights in a row? He might well be scum but he hasn't looked nearly as scummy as some and no one has even made much of a case against him? If they were THAT convinced he was scum surely they would come forward and try and get him lynched?

bristep - is it not possible that the Weak Doc is out there and Town, but doesn't want to roleclaim incase they are killed overnight?

The only people who should be worried about getting killed at this stage are scum. If we don't lynch scum today then we've all but lost anyway so there's absolutely no benefit to town in trying to keep yourself alive.

• Paid Members
Brownie, why did you breadcrumb the Weak Doctor role when TDK had already claimed Vanilla? Also, despite the fact that we know that at least two of the five of us (me, you, Tom, Bristep and Carbomb) are scum, you are still voting for Swift. If you think he's scum then who out of the other four do you think are his scum buddies?

If you read back, TDK caused a boatload of grief with his vanilla claim and not everybody believed him. I had hoped that by going for the breadcrumbing I would draw out a kill (if for nothing else to eliminate any confusion) and then people could put the TDK issue to bed, because i'd have been revealed as Vanilla.

I don't get this at all.

The only people who weren't sure if TDK was lying or not were Town as scum would already know, and they aren't going to waste a nightkill or vig kill (if Swift is scum) on a claimed Vanilla. Realistically all your breadcrumbing has served to do is put off a TOWN Vig, as they aren't likely to take the risk of hitting the Weak Doctor, which is the exact opposite of what you are saying you tried to do.

How would scum know if TDK was Vanilla? Granted, they know he's town, but not his role. You've got mixed up there.

Finlay - catagorically stated that the roleblocker was scum. How could you know that?

It seems like a safe assumption. Why would a town roleblocker target Bristep three nights in a row? He might well be scum but he hasn't looked nearly as scummy as some and no one has even made much of a case against him? If they were THAT convinced he was scum surely they would come forward and try and get him lynched?

Because they think he's scum? Or Bristep is lying? All i'm saying is that you can't catagorically state we have a scum roleblocker.

bristep - is it not possible that the Weak Doc is out there and Town, but doesn't want to roleclaim incase they are killed overnight?

The only people who should be worried about getting killed at this stage are scum. If we don't lynch scum today then we've all but lost anyway so there's absolutely no benefit to town in trying to keep yourself alive.

You've contradicted yourself there. As town, we should be bloody petrified of lynching our own. Scum still have a buffer.

• Paid Members

I don't get this at all.

How would scum know if TDK was Vanilla? Granted, they know he's town, but not his role. You've got mixed up there.

I think his point is, if swiftstrike is scum and the ONV, then scum would realistically assume that the ONV claim by you/TDK is correct and thus he is vanilla as scum know swift is the ONV

ebwop - and thus tdk is vanilla I mean

Because they think he's scum? Or Bristep is lying? All i'm saying is that you can't catagorically state we have a scum roleblocker.

A Town roleblocker only has one duty in this game, and that's to prevent NKs. If the person blocking me N1 was town then the fact that the NK still went through means I didn't do it and they should look elsewhere. I can't see any logical reason for a town roleblocker to block me 3 nights running.

The only way we do not have a scum roleblocker hiding out there is if I'm lying. I find speculation for any other reason odd/suspicious.

• Paid Members

I don't get this at all.

If he's town why would he lie? Especially since he was claiming because he thought he was going to be lynched. For that matter, why would he bother with all the stuff about Vanilla PM's when he could've just said "I'm the Weak Doctor".

Again, though, if they think he's scum why wouldn't they try and make a case against him?

You've contradicted yourself there. As town, we should be bloody petrified of lynching our own. Scum still have a buffer.

I was referring to nightkills. If we don't hit scum today then there is no next phase so worrying about being taken out overnight is pointless.

• Paid Members

This is getting a bit stupid.

Point 1 - Scum wouldn't know the role. The role is key. By breadcrumbing, added to TDK being erratic could have drawn a scum kill. Vanilla dying = better than a cop or doctor dying. You seem to be ignoring this or you've totally misunderstood.

Point 2 - There hasn't been a solid case on anyone, so it's a pointless erm, point. Snake - no solid case. Nexus - no solid case. ATG - no case at all.

Point 3 - You are correct. We need to lynch correctly now.

Mmm. Sometimes this game gets wayyy to bogged down in theory discussion.

We need to come to a concensus.

Are we sure that Tom and Spotlight are in cahoots? If so then brownie is right and it should be spotlight to go with Tom hammering.

• Paid Members

I will NOT hammer the bomb, for reasons already stated in :

it's turned my suspicions 180 degrees

Now I've had my opinion changed 180 degrees.

Probably just an odd coincidence but you both use exactly the same expression?

And brownie, the second part of that sentence not bolded explains why it pushed me into voting; the town consensus was growing about swiftstrike and I wanted to be helpful to town. My worry was also that if swift didn't survive the night and got lynched before I had put a vote in, that people would say that it was dodgy that I didn't vote for someone I considered scum. I know it's likely this wont be believed but, I feel confident that spotlight isn't scum and that Carbomb jumped on him because he is hoping to blow two town up at once if spotlight gets lynched and a town drops the hammer; for that reason, I will NOT hammer spotlight despite what brownie says. If one of me and spot must be lynched then it's got to be me, and then we hope that losing yet another town member doesn't completely kill off our hopes of victory.

I'd much rather we didn't let swiftstrike off the hook though and actually, you know, hammered some scum, and if you're still paranoid about me next phase then lynch me then although killing more town doesn't help; I'm confident that swiftstrike would flip scum though and I'd have been correct about two scum guys. It's likely you'll lynch me soon though so I'm going down swinging :

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

• Paid Members
This is getting a bit stupid.

Point 1 - Scum wouldn't know the role. The role is key. By breadcrumbing, added to TDK being erratic could have drawn a scum kill. Vanilla dying = better than a cop or doctor dying. You seem to be ignoring this or you've totally misunderstood.

They would know the role because TDK claimed it and, if he was/you are town there was no motivation for him to lie. Especially when he seemed so close to being lynched.

Point 2 - There hasn't been a solid case on anyone, so it's a pointless erm, point. Snake - no solid case. Nexus - no solid case. ATG - no case at all.

There's a difference between a solid case and any case. If Bristep has been blocked three nights in a row by a town roleblocker then they must have reason to believe that he is scum. Why not share those reasons and try to get him lynched? Bristep also makes a valid point that a town roleblocker should be trying to stop the night kills, which they clearly aren't doing.

Mmm. Sometimes this game gets wayyy to bogged down in theory discussion.

We need to come to a concensus.

Are we sure that Tom and Spotlight are in cahoots? If so then brownie is right and it should be spotlight to go with Tom hammering.

For me, it's 50/50 shot between Tom and Brownie. I think one of them is scum but I'd be flabbergasted if they were working together (which would mean either you, me or Carbomb are the other scum out of the five of us) I'll weigh it up and try and come to a decision.

• Paid Members
For me, it's 50/50 shot between Tom and Brownie. I think one of them is scum but I'd be flabbergasted if they were working together (which would mean either you, me or Carbomb are the other scum out of the five of us) I'll weigh it up and try and come to a decision.

You mean you think i'm in cahoots with Spotlight?

Archived