Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
Brownie, why did you breadcrumb the Weak Doctor role when TDK had already claimed Vanilla? Also, despite the fact that we know that at least two of the five of us (me, you, Tom, Bristep and Carbomb) are scum, you are still voting for Swift. If you think he's scum then who out of the other four do you think are his scum buddies?

If you read back, TDK caused a boatload of grief with his vanilla claim and not everybody believed him. I had hoped that by going for the breadcrumbing I would draw out a kill (if for nothing else to eliminate any confusion) and then people could put the TDK issue to bed, because i'd have been revealed as Vanilla.

I am still voting for Swift, becuase he is looking far more scummier than anyone else in my eyes. As for who the other scum are, i'd go for one or more of You, Tom or Bristep. To choose one though, i'd go Bristep.

Finlay - catagorically stated that the roleblocker was scum. How could you know that?

Tom - this lad confuses me. I cannot get a read either way despite his volume of posting. Long term neutralness worries me.

Bristep - I haven't forgotton his play on day 1 and the fact he was on the Ron wagon yesterday (In game time).

bristep - is it not possible that the Weak Doc is out there and Town, but doesn't want to roleclaim incase they are killed overnight?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The bomb was already out there at the time of you calling for a no-lynch earlier on. The fact that you knew it wasn't you meant it had to be spotlight really, so the revelation shouldn't have been a catalyst for you changing your opinion.

And my wagon analysis has no correllation with the number analysis you were picked up for early on, even indirectly. You were looking at numbers picked by players to decide their position in a draft. I'm looking at who voted for who last phase and who is most likely scum because of it.

@Finlay : tom could have been telling the truth about going for the bomb role, it doesn't mean he isn't scum and doesn't mean Spotlight definitely is if Tom is.

There are 6 players who could of lied not 5, Spotlight could also have lied, the difference being that if he lied then so did Tom. The only 2 players I am sure have told the truth about their role are Swift and Ron. Ron because it's been clearly obviously true through SMS and Snake both confirming they received neighbour requests, and Swift because 2 players have claimed ONV and nobody has counter-claimed Swift. Unless Swift, Carbomb and Brownie are the scum team and CB/TDK both lied about going for the ONV role.

Yes but I hadn't given the bomb role much consideration at that point I was focusing more on both the pure numbers of that aspect and the fact you where saying my role is scum as for the number analysis I never said it was the same merely similiar much like this below is similiar the case you have made upon me is very much made up based on numbers statsically analysis to make you point rather than anything else

I have a feeling that the scum already knew who the bomb was anyway. I can't see spotlight and swift both being town, because that would mean the first 7 players draft-wise are town (Again, I'm including myself here) which I find statistically unlikely.

Only question is, is spotlight telling the truth? And is Tom?

I'm LA most of the day, will be working in my garden all morning/afternoon then training tonight. I'm getting too old for this shit.

If the scum team is suppose to be myself, Brownie and Carbomb then how do you explain TDK claiming his thing about the vanilla town role on day 1 when if we are to believe that you have blocked each day so carbomb and brownie would have to be in some order roleblocker/jailkeeper and doctor.

• Paid Members
Swift, you've now mentioned that TDK vanilla PM situation that arose on day 1.

Wasn't he proven to be correct about that?

yes, as everyone had there original PM returned to them along with there role.

I see. I missed out on that when I replaced in.

The bomb was already out there at the time of you calling for a no-lynch earlier on. The fact that you knew it wasn't you meant it had to be spotlight really, so the revelation shouldn't have been a catalyst for you changing your opinion.

And my wagon analysis has no correllation with the number analysis you were picked up for early on, even indirectly. You were looking at numbers picked by players to decide their position in a draft. I'm looking at who voted for who last phase and who is most likely scum because of it.

@Finlay : tom could have been telling the truth about going for the bomb role, it doesn't mean he isn't scum and doesn't mean Spotlight definitely is if Tom is.

There are 6 players who could of lied not 5, Spotlight could also have lied, the difference being that if he lied then so did Tom. The only 2 players I am sure have told the truth about their role are Swift and Ron. Ron because it's been clearly obviously true through SMS and Snake both confirming they received neighbour requests, and Swift because 2 players have claimed ONV and nobody has counter-claimed Swift. Unless Swift, Carbomb and Brownie are the scum team and CB/TDK both lied about going for the ONV role.

Yes but I hadn't given the bomb role much consideration at that point I was focusing more on both the pure numbers of that aspect and the fact you where saying my role is scum as for the number analysis I never said it was the same merely similiar much like this below is similiar the case you have made upon me is very much made up based on numbers statsically analysis to make you point rather than anything else

I have a feeling that the scum already knew who the bomb was anyway. I can't see spotlight and swift both being town, because that would mean the first 7 players draft-wise are town (Again, I'm including myself here) which I find statistically unlikely.

Only question is, is spotlight telling the truth? And is Tom?

I'm LA most of the day, will be working in my garden all morning/afternoon then training tonight. I'm getting too old for this shit.

You've pulled that in from elsewhere to try and back up your sinking argument as that wasn't anything to do with my reason for voting for you. This was my opinion on the player list, and whether I thought the scum would have been able to successfully put themselves all 4 into the bottom half of the game without it looking obvious. My reason for voting for you is clear, I'll say it again.

I do not believe that all 3 scum would have been bussing their buddy yesterday. That means that by process of elimination you are my number one suspect. Had this been the only thing I'd seen from you over the course of the game which rang an alarm I would have been more doubtful but it isn't, so I'm not.

If the scum team is suppose to be myself, Brownie and Carbomb then how do you explain TDK claiming his thing about the vanilla town role on day 1 when if we are to believe that you have blocked each day so carbomb and brownie would have to be in some order roleblocker/jailkeeper and doctor.

I didn't say the scum team was you Brownie and CB. I said that it was unlikely you lied about the ONV role,unless you CB and Brownie were the scum team and both of them lied about being ONV. More misrep.

As for the TDK claim, it was established at the time that although TDK was right about the vanilla town getting their role request PM returned to them with the role PM, so did the power roles and one would assume the scum roles. It essentially a case of "Yes, he was right, but it was an easy assumption to make if scum."

LA for tonight, got training in an hour.

• Paid Members

Perhaps when you get back you could explain who I could possible be scum with based on the fact that because of your claim to have been blocked every night I would have to be scum with both a scum doctor and a scum roleblocker and there doesn't look to me to be a scum team you could attribute that to and have me as scum as well.

In fact there is a much easier explanation, that we aren't looking for scum roleblocker and you in fact took the doctor's role and are scum together with Ron who would have to be lying in this case and that is why SMS was killed.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

swiftstrike (2) - bristep123, brownie

spotlightmagnet1 (1) - Carbomb

tom (1) - Ron Simmons

brownie (1) - swiftstrike

Not Voting:

spotlightmagnet1, unfitfinlay, tom

With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 5pm Friday 15th April

• Paid Members
Tom - this lad confuses me. I cannot get a read either way despite his volume of posting. Long term neutralness worries me.

I just like to be sure before I rush into anything. On the whole, when I place a vote down, it sticks. I put a vote on swift but took it off as Ron pointed out that it could contribute to a quick lynch. My suspicion of him is still there though, mainly for similar reasons to your suspicions. He seemed to be trying to stop people voting for Nexus which seems scummy, and although he is ONV it doesn't prove that he is town as the justification for offing Chris that he quoted could have just been concocted to paint himself as town

I'm still torn between tom and Swiftstrike, but I find tom less 'flame fanning' recently than Swiftstrike. Plus looking at Bristep's logic about the Ron lynch, I can't help but feel Swift is scum. i'm going for it.

Vote: Swiftstrike

• Paid Members
I'm still torn between tom and Swiftstrike, but I find tom less 'flame fanning' recently than Swiftstrike. Plus looking at Bristep's logic about the Ron lynch, I can't help but feel Swift is scum. i'm going for it.

Vote: Swiftstrike

So your voting for me because I'm flame fanning or scum hunting as I prefer to call it.

Seeing as you can follow Bristep logic perhaps you can explain who is the scum roleblocker and the scum doctor who I'm suppose to be in league with in this game.

Also I'm V/LA until tomorrow evening.

• Paid Members

Swift's implication that you can't vote for him unless you know who the other scum are is a bit odd. By nailing scum, which we believe you to be, we are then able to look back at their posts and interactions to try and figure out who their buds are

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

• Paid Members
I'm LA until tonight or tomorrow but just wanted to point out that we've still got two days left so Swift being L1 at this stage is insane. Spotlight and Tom, if you two aren't scum then what on earth are you playing at?

I agree, the suddden wagons in this game are really concerning me. I suggest that someone voting for swift withdraws a vote to prevent an early lynch.

@Ron : on a side note, did SMS give any indication as to who he planned to Rolecop last night?

Yes, he was wavering throughout our chat, but after re-reading our chat it seems more likely that he would have investigated spotlightmagnet over anyone else. In fact, that's the last name he mentions. However, it isn't the only name he mentioned, so that doesn't mean that was the route he wound up taking.

Also @Ron : What Swiftstrike said. This is a game where any player can go for any role. You don't know what any player is or is not thinking in relation to roles, so to say that "Player X choosing Role Y is utterly inconcievable" is in itself suspicious. You've decided that the scum are either playing "Take the most powerful roles" or "Take from the town" and anything else is just prepostorous. Hell I could have taken watcher simply because I thought that people would think me town if my role got revealed. That's not the case, but it could have been.

You could have, but how would you have know we'd reach the stage of a mass reveal? I dunno, maybe I'm being naive here, but it just doesn't seem like the kind of role the scum would go for if they were placed second on the list.

Archived