Pick Your Power Game Thread

Mike Castle

• Paid Members
For me, it's 50/50 shot between Tom and Brownie. I think one of them is scum but I'd be flabbergasted if they were working together (which would mean either you, me or Carbomb are the other scum out of the five of us) I'll weigh it up and try and come to a decision.

You mean you think i'm in cahoots with Spotlight?

No.

Spotlight is only definitely scum if Tom is. If Tom's actually either the scum blocker or Doctor, he'd have no way of being certain that there was a bomb above him unless he'd been told by fellow scum. If Tom is town then Spotlight might still be scum but it would no longer be definite.

Actually, Brownie, looking back at THIS post, you share your thoughts on me, Tom and Bristep but leave out Carbomb? Two of the five of us HAVE to be scum so is there any particular reason why you left him out?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom hammering isn't going to happen as he's flat out refused.

As far as I can see it leaves us with 2 viable options and that's Tom or Swift.

Part of me would love the scum to be brownie and Ron because then I'd have been right earlier in the game but I just don't see both of them being scum now.

• Paid Members

Sorry I've been absent all day, I've been unbelievably busy because of unforeseen circumstances.

As far as I can see it leaves us with 2 viable options and that's Tom or Swift.

I think if we let tom skulk by after his play today we're letting the most blatant scum action all game go unpunished. I've been pushing for tom's lynch since the start of this phase and he's done nothing to make me doubt myself. As for swift, I've ALMOST done a 180 on him. His role, and how he's used it makes sense. I think we need to push him next phase for sure, but given the crucial stage we're at I think his lynch is seriously risky. I want a lynch tonight, but given how important today is I won't be voting for anyone I'm unsure about, and at this stage swiftstrike falls under that category.

• Paid Members

Well I'm back and what an interesting time I missed. I think I start easy with this question for Tom

Swift's implication that you can't vote for him unless you know who the other scum are is a bit odd. By nailing scum, which we believe you to be, we are then able to look back at their posts and interactions to try and figure out who their buds are

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

First interesting use of the word "we" there, by my point about trying to work out a scum team before pushing my lynch was it could be not seen to exist and if you were certain that I was scum that is what you should have been trying to do this day phase otherwise there is no reason not to quick lynch a player and move into the next day phase and then find there buddies there has been ample opportunity to work out scum buddies or question possible scum buddies today for me given I have been a suspect the whole of this phase and yet no one has seen the need to do this and I believe that is because 3 of the current players know it impossible to do so. So why have you felt no need to take advantage of additional time to hunt scum?

• Paid Members

By the way can people as a courtesy let others know where they are placing people at L-2 and L-1 as it is MYLO we don't want a vote being put in that puts people over

Because I believe Tom is at L-2 at the moment and I'm at L-3 and with a wrong lynch being a game loser then we need to be more careful than on a normal vote to lynch.

MOD REQUEST VOTE COUNT

to confirm

Bristep

Given that scum wouldn't hammer scum in the bomb position, because that is stupid and that we have discussed that even a 50/50 loss is bad for the town on a bomb hammer why did you not raise this when Brownie suggested it? When I'm sure you are most aware of it given our debate over the fact earlier.

• Paid Members
Actually, Brownie, looking back at THIS post, you share your thoughts on me, Tom and Bristep but leave out Carbomb? Two of the five of us HAVE to be scum so is there any particular reason why you left him out?

I can't think of one thing he's done or said that is remotely memorable. Having said that, he played like that in the RR game and was scum then.

By the way can people as a courtesy let others know where they are placing people at L-2 and L-1 as it is MYLO we don't want a vote being put in that puts people over

Because I believe Tom is at L-2 at the moment and I'm at L-3 and with a wrong lynch being a game loser then we need to be more careful than on a normal vote to lynch.

MOD REQUEST VOTE COUNT

to confirm

Bristep

Given that scum wouldn't hammer scum in the bomb position, because that is stupid and that we have discussed that even a 50/50 loss is bad for the town on a bomb hammer why did you not raise this when Brownie suggested it? When I'm sure you are most aware of it given our debate over the fact earlier.

Maybe because I'm sick of theory discussion Swift. This game has just drowned in it. 50/50 loss isn't that bad for town if it's that or a mislynch to lose us the game.

• Paid Members

I can't think of one thing he's done or said that is remotely memorable. Having said that, he played like that in the RR game and was scum then.

Carbomb's a tough one. I feel he should be pressed, but there's very little to press him on.

• Paid Members

Vote Count

swiftstrike (2) - brownie, tom

spotlightmagnet1 (1) - Carbomb

tom (3) - Ron Simmons, spotlightmagnet1, bristep123

brownie (1) - swiftstrike

Not Voting:

unfitfinlay

With 8 Alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 5pm Friday 15th April

• Paid Members
Well I'm back and what an interesting time I missed. I think I start easy with this question for Tom

Swift's implication that you can't vote for him unless you know who the other scum are is a bit odd. By nailing scum, which we believe you to be, we are then able to look back at their posts and interactions to try and figure out who their buds are

VOTE SWIFTSTRIKE

First interesting use of the word "we" there, by my point about trying to work out a scum team before pushing my lynch was it could be not seen to exist and if you were certain that I was scum that is what you should have been trying to do this day phase otherwise there is no reason not to quick lynch a player and move into the next day phase and then find there buddies there has been ample opportunity to work out scum buddies or question possible scum buddies today for me given I have been a suspect the whole of this phase and yet no one has seen the need to do this and I believe that is because 3 of the current players know it impossible to do so. So why have you felt no need to take advantage of additional time to hunt scum?

I've posted my list of suspects along with reasons why I suspect. I used 'we' in a town sense.

• Paid Members
ebwop - Am not going to hammer spot 'cos then two town guys die

Sorry, when did Spotlight get confirmed as town? Or do you know that because of your role? There seems to be only one way you could place spotlight as town and that is if your scum.

FOS TOM

• Paid Members

He's not confirmed town, but I get a strong sense that he is town. Let me clarify, I am not stating that he is confirmed town, just that I think he is. I believe Carbomb jumped over him because CB is scum and wants the bomb to be hammered by town so two town die. I'm town

• Paid Members

That's not what you posted thought that you got a strong town read from him is it you posted that he is town. What exactly are you using as a base for this strong town sense on him then? What in particular has he done that singles him out as town?

• Paid Members

Slightly a process of elimination, and he's done nothing to make me suspect him. Seemed that CB jumped on him for scum reasons and thus that would make it highly likely he's town. IF a townie HAS to die then take me out; no risk of two towns dying if I hammer and if spotlight is town bomb then we don't lose a power role just a VT

Archived