switchin phone companies

Flash

Got a phone call the other day from talk talk sayin if I wanted to switch to them from bt and pay 15 per month instead of wat im payin with bt, said yes blah blah. Got letter today from bt sayin I will ave to pay 133 quid due to me leaving 3months into a 18month contract, rung up talk talk to say that I wont leave due to high terminaton charge, they said that I shudnt have to pay due to bt increasin there charges and it not being in my contract, is this true?

Got a phone call the other day from talk talk sayin if I wanted to switch to them from bt and pay 15 per month instead of wat im payin with bt, said yes blah blah. Got letter today from bt sayin I will ave to pay 133 quid due to me leaving 3months into a 18month contract, rung up talk talk to say that I wont leave due to high terminaton charge, they said that I shudnt have to pay due to bt increasin there charges and it not being in my contract, is this true?

Dont do it man dont listen to Talk Talk

Talk talk are shit, proper shit, and then some. they lie they cheat and they steal

Avoid like Ebola

• Paid Members

Long story short is that if BTs price increase is to your material disadvantage (in other words higher than inflation/VAT increase) then yes you can get out. If the increase is at inflation or less then no you cant.

Of course some staff will be poorly trained and have no clue. The people on moneysavingexpert forums will be able to help you there.

However I have to echo pat and say avoid TalkTalk like the plague. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. And I used to work in telecoms.

Archived