Whose the wealthiest in brit wrestling?

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members
So how many of these guys are wealthy solely from British wrestling? Don't know what Tony Walsh does for business, but surely Rocco made his cash from property, and by the sounds of it, KN inherited most of his.

Would agree with this, Pat Roach must have made a fair bit at 1 time but again all due to outside of wrestling. I guess his fees went up abit once he became a celebrity to be fair.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair looking at those WWE figures from 2005, no one is on the verge of being homeless. The lowest downside on that list is 43 grand a year - still a nice chunk of money.

My favourite is Funaki who was on 143 a year - he hung on for ages and they hardly used him!

• Paid Members
When I was kid, there was a lot of stories going around wolverhampton about Nagasaki and where he lived, think he was left a couple of houses in a relatives will. never knew if it was true though.

This is the article on his boundry story.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/140...-land-grab.html

I'd be very interested in the outcome of all this.

Well it is detached, I'll give him that.

It can't have been him. Who else from the WOS days would be on Midlands news bitching about trees? I'm really interested now.

It was, because I remember the story too. Maybe that was before his inheritance?

Surely it was todo with the article linked earlier in the thread? a land dispute, not trees.

• Paid Members
To be fair looking at those WWE figures from 2005, no one is on the verge of being homeless. The lowest downside on that list is 43 grand a year - still a nice chunk of money.

My favourite is Funaki who was on 143 a year - he hung on for ages and they hardly used him!

Worth remembering how much of their own expenses they're responsible for. After hotels most nights, travelling expenses etc etc etc, that 43 grand doesn't stretch so far.

$43,000 downside equates to about $3600 per month.

$3600

- $800 (16 nights of cheap hotels)

- $200 (share of car rental and gas)

- $400 ($25 per day for food on the road)

- $50 (gym fees)

- $50 (supplements - this is a complete guess, by the way)

That's a fairly bare-bones road life, taking our theoretical wrestler down to $2100 a month. Most of those road expenses will be tax deductible, so effectively he's only paying tax on the $2100. However, let's say tax in his state comes out to about 25%. So he's now got $1675 per month on which to pay for his house, his car, his clothes, his wife and kids, his food at home, his phone bill, his electricity bill and whatever else he needs.

This dude needs to be getting on PPVs or selling some merchandise or he's not going to living a great life.

Worth remembering how much of their own expenses they're responsible for. After hotels most nights, travelling expenses etc etc etc, that 43 grand doesn't stretch so far.

Indeed. Thats what? Around

Downsides are exactly what they say on the tin. The 'Down' side of what a wrestler may earn, not taking into account house shows, tv tapings, ppv's or anything else. In the early 90's any WWF wrestlers contract was for 6 pops at $50 dollars. A $300 dollar downside.

• Paid Members

$3600

- $50 (gym fees)

That's a fairly bare-bones road life, taking our theoretical wrestler down to $2100 a month. Most of those road expenses will be tax deductible, so effectively he's only paying tax on the $2100. However, let's say tax in his state comes out to about 25%. So he's now got $1675 per month on which to pay for his house, his car, his clothes, his wife and kids, his food at home, his phone bill, his electricity bill and whatever else he needs.

Cant she get a job too?

• Paid Members

$3600

- $50 (gym fees)

Cant she get a job too?

Possibly, but it's an understandable expense if not. Otherwise, you're assuming ideal conditions.

Would all the Road costs not be tax deductable as they are contractors?

Most of those road expenses will be tax deductible, so effectively he's only paying tax on the $2100.

Cant she get a job too?

How old are the kids?

To be fair, if the wife and kids aren't pulling their weight, he should strangle them both.

Archived