Whose the wealthiest in brit wrestling?

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members
He'd have to be doing fairly bad to be working in major promotions in the US for the past 18 years and not be a millionaire.

Why do you assume that just because he's been in WWE for the past 13 years (and WCW before that) he's a millionaire?

Well he was in WCW for 5 years and WWE for 13 you'd expect him to have been making from about 97 onwards upwards of 100k a year, unless hes just squanderd it all on drugs and his health problems.

Right, so how does that make him a millionaire?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
He'd have to be doing fairly bad to be working in major promotions in the US for the past 18 years and not be a millionaire.

Why do you assume that just because he's been in WWE for the past 13 years (and WCW before that) he's a millionaire?

Well he was in WCW for 5 years and WWE for 13 you'd expect him to have been making from about 97 onwards upwards of 100k a year, unless hes just squanderd it all on drugs and his health problems.

He may not have that money in his posession now, but surely he would have earned well over a million from his career, and would likely have close to that (if not more) tied up in his assests?

• Paid Members
Well it is detached, I'll give him that.

It can't have been him. Who else from the WOS days would be on Midlands news bitching about trees? I'm really interested now.

It was, because I remember the story too. Maybe that was before his inheritance?

• Paid Members

He may not have that money in his posession now, but surely he would have earned well over a million from his career, and would likely have close to that (if not more) tied up in his assests?

He's an independent contractor, not a WWE employee. All his travel and hotel bills come from that, and it's not like "Real Man's Man" Steve Regal was getting many PPV matches. A lengthy absence with ill health several years back wouldn't have helped either, and I can't imagine his action figure is topping the list for all the American fans.

• Paid Members

It can't have been him. Who else from the WOS days would be on Midlands news bitching about trees? I'm really interested now.

It was, because I remember the story too. Maybe that was before his inheritance?

Oh, that's all right then. Thanks for that :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

He's an independent contractor, not a WWE employee. All his travel and hotel bills come from that, and it's not like "Real Man's Man" Steve Regal was getting many PPV matches. A lengthy absence with ill health several years back wouldn't have helped either, and I can't imagine his action figure is topping the list for all the American fans.

Fair enough, maybe I grossly underestimated how much road costs would be and how much he was making during the boom period. Still seems crazy to me when he's been around as long as he has.

• Paid Members

This. Working for WWE really isn't as gold-lined as people think, unless you can make the company a mint. And they pay for travel & accomodation themselves.

Also in response to Inspector Paul Solo's last post- having earned well over a million from his career does not constitute being a millionaire. As it stands, if I continue to work on the same salary I am on until I retire, I will have earned well over a million from my career. He has to have a net worth of at least a million, which I highly doubt he is even close to that. Why would his assets even come anywhere close to the million mark?

Regal's always been in a fairly good spot due to his relationship with Triple H. And you would think WWE covered his medical bills from when he got sick working on their tour in India. His substance abuse problems were mainly with somas, GHB and alcohol, which aren't the kind of drugs that empty your bank account.

• Paid Members
Regal's always been in a fairly good spot due to his relationship with Triple H. And you would think WWE covered his medical bills from when he got sick working on their tour in India. His substance abuse problems were mainly with somas, GHB and alcohol, which aren't the kind of drugs that empty your bank account.

Billy Gunn was only ever a user of somas, GHB and alcohol and he's got no money left. And I'd imagine he earned more throughout his career than Regal did. Being on the road at the best of times is expensive, let alone with someone with an addiction.

Billy Gunn was only ever a user of somas, GHB and alcohol and he's got no money left. And I'd imagine he earned more throughout his career than Regal did. Being on the road at the best of times is expensive, let alone with someone with an addiction.

im pretty sure billy did some other things

• Paid Members
Ian, that's immense just how much money Hogan manages to still get thrown his way. He must have turned over some serious coin over the space of his career.

Hogan still gets that much money because, simply, he can still make massive money for whoever books him. It doesn't seem likely, but it's true - think it was Bill Apter who estimated that, even now, the promoter who'd be able to afford Hogan's half-million-dollar appearance fee could potentially (i.e. if he does his job properly and makes sure his revenue streams based on Hogan are maximised, like merch, signings, "special" tickets and whatnot) make around 7 to 8 million dollars.

As to BritWres millionaires, it seemed to be the general consensus amongst the wrestlers on the circuit today that there were only ever two millionaires to emerge from among the wrestlers' ranks - Kendo and "Banger" Walsh, and neither made their millions from actual wrestling. Think Walsh made his from property and stocks investments and suchlike. I'd imagine that, if there ever has been a British wrestler to make a million from wrestling, the closest would probably be Davey Boy or William Regal, but I doubt it. Norman Smiley?

I have had the good fortune to visit Rocco"s & Nagasaki"s homes & neither are short of a quid, i can tell you! Also stick Tony "Banger" Walsh in there as a successful business man.

To give you an indication of Rollerball"s wealth & a bit of useless trivia, His neighbour lives on the next mountain on the outskirts of Tenerife & is Daniel O"Donnell !

• Moderators

im pretty sure billy did some other things

I don't think Poppers are very expensive either.

• Paid Members

Oh, that's all right then. Thanks for that :thumbsup:

It was a land dispute. That also states that Kendo's home is worth half a million.

And I've seen the picture of Kendo with the lamborghini before. I'm pretty sure it was from an interview or something a few years back, and the picture was taken at the venue of the interview.

Archived