Whose the wealthiest in brit wrestling?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Kendo Nagasaki

Really?

His house was on Midlands today once over a dispute with his neighbours over some tree's. It was a slow news day and I can't remember if his house looks swish or not but if I recall right it was detached.

This post has been less informative than I'd like :(

Edit: I think it was him any way.

Kendo Nagasaki

Really?

His house was on Midlands today once over a dispute with his neighbours over some tree's. It was a slow news day and I can't remember if his house looks swish or not but if I recall right it was detached.

Christ, is the state of wrestling on these shores that bad?

Mark Rocco seems to be doing alright for himself. Has a very nice house in Tenerife, as seen in the shoot interview he did a few years ago.

I think Wayne Bridges and Jim Breaks are both publicans, or used to be. Chic Cullen has some kind of telecommunications job in Canada IIRC. Doc Dean is a plumber in Florida. Most former British wrestlers ended up doing normal jobs.

What about guys like Nigel McGuinness? I know that he didn't have the longest spell ever in TNA and that he wouldn't have made his fortune working ROH and other indies but I can't imagine him doing too bad? After all, he's had as good a career outside WWE/TNA as anyone's likely to have, if you take away the injuries and damage sustained to his body.

• Paid Members
Kendo Nagasaki

Really?

Huh? Detached is more likely to mean one is well off...

• Paid Members
What about guys like Nigel McGuinness? I know that he didn't have the longest spell ever in TNA and that he wouldn't have made his fortune working ROH and other indies but I can't imagine him doing too bad? After all, he's had as good a career outside WWE/TNA as anyone's likely to have, if you take away the injuries and damage sustained to his body.

I doubt he's well off at all. The reason he left Ring of Honor is because he needed to actually start making money instead of putting on matches. There's no money in the indies or TNA if your not one of the big stars there. There's no money in WWE either unless you have merchandise on the shelves. Downside guarentees are pretty shit in wrestling. The real big money is from house show appearances, merchandise sales and your image appearing on DVD's and video games. Anyone below Beer Money and AJ Styles (who TNA are paying good money because they need to keep them) aren't doing to well in TNA.

Kendo Nagasaki

Really?

Huh? Detached is more likely to mean one is well off...

I meant it as in regards to the person who's supposedly the most well-off guy in the entire industry in this country, and a fan can only remember that his house was detached - I thought that it would be a lot more spectacular, that's all. It's not like he's said if "I recall right it was an Aston Martin on his drive" or "I'm sure I recall seeing a second helipad" is it? Of course the wealthiest guy in an industry the size of pro wrestling (I understand that Britwres isn't spectacular) is going to be living in a detached house. Hope that makes more sense.

I doubt he's well off at all. The reason he left Ring of Honor is because he needed to actually start making money instead of putting on matches. There's no money in the indies or TNA if your not one of the big stars there. There's no money in WWE either unless you have merchandise on the shelves. Downside guarentees are pretty shit in wrestling. The real big money is from house show appearances, merchandise sales and your image appearing on DVD's and video games. Anyone below Beer Money and AJ Styles (who TNA are paying good money because they need to keep them) aren't doing to well in TNA.

Cheers Ian. I actually stumbled upon a list the other day of some WWE performer's downside salaries from around 2005ish and I was amazed at just how small they were.

Cheers Ian. I actually stumbled upon a list the other day of some WWE performer's downside salaries from around 2005ish and I was amazed at just how small they were.

The list should merely act as an indicator of how high or low someone is in the pecking order, rather than hjow much they earn.

I'm sure the overwhelming majority make a lot more through PPV bonuses (getting on just Mania probably results in a huge beonus that is substantial as a proportion of the downside). The bi-annual large European tours also provide a significant additional top-up I understand.

• Paid Members

Here's some Hogan earning facts:

Hogan gets $35,000 per appearance with TNA, which means he'd have done at least 7 figures in 2010 considering he was on TV all the time in the first 7 or 8 months of his TNA deal and then fucked off to have back surgury and but still do his Hulk and Friends tour, which he got paid $100,000 per show and did a special pilot on the E! Network for a purposed reality show. In 2009, he was paid $250,000 per show for 4 dates on the Australian tour. And he's just signed exclusive (i.e. none afflitated with WWE and TNA) deals with THQ for the new WWE game and with Jakks Pacific. He must still be one of the highest paid blokes in the business. I dont know how the fuck he blags these deals.

Archived