Anti-depressants

The Reverend

The girl I've been seeing has recently been prescribed anti-depressants.

We live about 100 miles apart so our main contact is through texts, telephone calls etc. I knew that there was something not quite right a few weeks ago but couldn't get it out of her what it was.

Now I know I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should be saying or doing. I'm not one to shy away from telling her how I feel about her and how I'm willing to do anything to help her out but her tone has changed in her messages, although they're still frequent enough and in-depth enough for me not to feel too worried about our relationship, I'm just wondering if anyone on here has any experiences of this - should I be giving her some space, should there be things that I should / shouldn't be saying? As we don't see each other very often (and because of this she's become a bit withdrawn) it's worrying me because I want to help.

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

In all seriousness, just act the same as usual. My uncle was on anti depressants a long time ago, and we just went down the pub together. If they want to talk about any issues they have, let her know you're there for her to chat with.

Otherwise, take her out for a nice meal or something. Just be nice!

Im on prozac it just settles me a bit cos I am suffering from depression & get anxious alot, just be nice to her & let her know you are there for her if she wants to talk, I hope she feels better soon mate.

Vie Pax XL

Ciltapram

Seoraxt

Praxle

St Johns Wart.

Mostly the tablets don't work or do what you want them to do.

The best thing to do is, for the victim, do whatever it is you can do to help yourself.

For the friends and familes of the victim, listen to them, be there for them, spend time with them.

I used to have Antitryptoline a few years ago. The main memory I have of it is laughing my head off then crying uncontrollably then feeling absolutely nothing all during the space of Click. I'm not sure if this is a reflection of the quality of the film or the strength of the tablets, but there we are.

She lives 100 miles away? Did you meet her online? Internet girls are always fucking bipolar or something.

This is very true. When a minor's involved in an Internet relationship, they're meant to be the victim. Didn't work out that way in my case, though. Cheers for giving me unrealistic expectations, media!

I used to have Antitryptoline a few years ago. The main memory I have of it is laughing my head off then crying uncontrollably then feeling absolutely nothing all during the space of Click. I'm not sure if this is a reflection of the quality of the film or the strength of the tablets, but there we are.

Do you mean Amitriptyline? I was on those for headaches but on an anti depressent dose (yay).

Turns out I moped about alot felt awful, slept and was generally depressed, can't remember much.

Still got headaches too, bastards.

Do you mean Amitriptyline? I was on those for headaches but on an anti depressent dose (yay).

Turns out I moped about alot felt awful, slept and was generally depressed, can't remember much.

Still got headaches too, bastards.

Very probably. I know they're used as painkillers as well, but it was 07 when I was on them.

Did you meet her online? Internet girls are always fucking bipolar or something.

Not related to the OPs post and a bit of a hijack, but from my best mate's experiences of internet dating, this is very very true. Not necessarily bipolar, or even a distinguishable, diagnosed mental problem, just generic mad female behaviour #101. No vaguely attractive girl is ever single for long unless there's something wrong with them. If you are on match.com and see a <30 year old hottie, then she's a nutter or a cutter.

Edit: Or both, obviously.

Archived