WCW vs. nWo Thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

This pretty much goes against a lot of what I've said is good town play at this stage. But may I make the suggestion that the Mason vig takes me out today. Reasoning is simple, if it's decided Family Guy needs to be the lynch at any point then having me hanging around scuppers that plan from the off. Secondly I know some suspect me anyway, and thirdly even if people believe me, if we get down to a three person LyLo (doubtful with the horsemen around, but possible) and work out that it's FG that is the final threat, but I'm still alive. Town loses (lynch me and FG wins, lynch the other town and FG would win, lynch FG and I become his role meaning a scum win). If FG is town then we're safe, but I still have strong doubts about him and want us to be able to safely lynch him if we need to, that's only possible if I'm not around.

The vig kill is the only safe option too, as I don't know what my "bonus" would be from a FG lynch. If could be something that really does hinder the town somehow and screw it over just by me switching sides.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Whether he's scum or town, when he's lynched I take over whatever he is, and gain an additional bonus. I don't know what the bonus is (it could be good or bad for town). If he's Vig killed I don't, but we've pretty much established that he's not able to be killed whether it's through a BP ability, or whether it's a doc protect or even a scum roleblock (though we know either a protect or a roleblock prevented Goldberg's kills so at least one was helping FG yesterday, and I'm not sure I can accept both of them being out there, not with the horsemen around as well). So my guess is he's bulletproof and anti-WCW.

I'm back!

I've been playing catch-up during the night phase, with only getting proper access to the thread again within the last couple of days. Whilst Soap's lynch was of benefit to everyone, again it's likely we saw a considerable scum presence on the lynch. I especially didn't like TMS's comment, where he out and out admitting 'wagon-boarding', without adding any further substance to his vote. How many town lynches has TMS been a part of?

Mike, whilst I appreciate your offer to take yourself out of the game, with you being my lyncher and all, I don't see how if you're town, dropping another town vote would be helpful?

• Paid Members
That makes sense, I was also wondering if the replacement for Curt Hennig became a horseman when he took on that role? It might cement a case against others.

I'm not sure what you mean by this but Bristep has confirmed that Hennig was replaced as both a Horseman and a Doctor.

How would it cement a case against others?

That's cool I must've missed it.

I thought it could cement it as I'm beinning to suspect the Four horsemen are all masons and the rest of the town are just vanilla unless they are scum. Therefore if someone came out in the heat of an argument as having a big role then they could be dismissed or confirmed by Bristep. Again, it's cause we're down to 11 players, 4 are Horsemen, I'm guessing 2 or more are scum (Scott Hall and someone else) leaving 5 players or less. Does that make sense or am I nuts?

• Paid Members

The focus seemed to be on spotlightmagnet and Soap during the last day phase, with bristep pushing that one of them was likely to be scum. Now, obviously Soap was the SK so I was just wondering what your view on spotlightmagnet now is bristep? And also, what is your view on the whole Mike/FG situation?; as obviously that avenue of the game was pretty difficult to advance in the last day phase.

• Paid Members
I especially didn't like TMS's comment, where he out and out admitting 'wagon-boarding', without adding any further substance to his vote. How many town lynches has TMS been a part of?

I jumped on a wagon, and admitted it, to push the lynch that the majority of the Town wanted through. Although if you actually look back, I wasn't counted in his vote as it was too late.

And in answer to your question, one, and that was SMS after his dodgy play, should be noted you're in 2 compared to my one FG.

I voted for Mike to save the proposed Vig Kill crap we're going to have to do today, which will probably be wasted as the Day Vig was unsuccessful in the last day phase.

Me thinking ahead thought Mike would be the best option, no-one went that far, which was fine in the end as Soap came out as SK, something I actually alluded to being in the game after highlighting the 'Who's Next?' in Carbomb's post. I also called Ron being not only NWO, but Hogan too.

Whereas you FG, have generally looked borderline scummy throughout, and if you are wCw, your utter balls up in your first post of this game has created the biggest possible stumbling block for a clear wCw win.

Fair? I think so.

Sorry guys, been at an Ante Natal class tonight.

Carbomb did say that he picked people carefully to play the power roles and scum in this game, so it makes me think (maybe overthink) as to who the scum team would be, and who would be likely recruits. I still think that at least one new player is on the scum team to balance out Nicko being in the mason group. Soap and Spotlight were the two main candidates because of one thing or another, Soap is now dead so that only leaves Spotlight but it could just as easily be Tom, Finlay or Adam, problem is that there has been less from them to go on.

Spotlight still concerns me because Ron said he was town. Ron lied in this game. A lot. He's also doing things that can be seen as scumtells such as asking if the mason recruit also became a horseman, despite the post saying so (skimming the thread, not the only time this has happened), and coming up with theories that are flimsy and pushing them such as the 'names derived from posting handles' theory (distraction).

Tom could be buddying up to me by reminding the game that the focus was on spotlight, and Mike/FG. That can be a new scum mistake, trying to soft push the main suspects and look like he's hunting when in actual fact he's not.

Mike thinks that it's balanced to have a lyncher target who also can't be killed by any other process than lynch (i.e he thinks that FG is bulletproof). I don't think there's a chance that FG is bulletproof given the set up of the game that we know is out there. (i.e 2 bulletproof players revealed), so that really concerns me.

If the daykill fails then I really think we need to lynch Mike to see how he flips. I'm not convinced that he's telling the truth about being a lyncher, and while he's offered to have himself be the day kill there's every chance that he knew it would fail (since it did yesterday, and I kind of expect it to again today).

• Paid Members

Never really said it's balanced that he's a bulletproof. However if he's NOT bulletproof it means that we have a scum doctor AND roleblocker. Simply put, yesterday your guys shot FG, the night prior there was no kill, but you never RB'd Soap.

This means Soap either deliberately didn't kill (Which I refuse to buy unless he really wanted to just fuck the game off, and if that was the case, why was he actually playing it at all rather than pissing about?) Or another party blocked him, or protected his target.

If someone blocked him/protected his target as would appear to be the likely case, and FG isn't a BP. That means someone either protected FG (and why would they do that unless they're scum?) or roleblocked your vig.

Considering FG is Sting, I buy him as a BP much more than I buy scum having one of each, or a single pair, of either roleblockers or doctors.

Unless you have another reason there could be for it bristep.

Archived