biggest draw in the uk?

machoman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

3CW have a former MMA fighter called Ross Strong on their books. I wonder how a worked-shoot match between him and Alex Reid would pan out, with maybe Alex Reid playing a heel trying to teach Ross a lesson for defecting to that "fake" stuff, professional wrestling?

As soon as you try to tell people that shootfighting and pro wrestling are different because one is real and one is fake, the premise fails. Why would someone come and have a fake fight to prove that real fighting is better? It might conceivably work in Japan if a pro wrestler went to do a shootfight to prove a point, except that we've all seen now what happens in that situation. Pro wrestling promoters should emphasise the fact that pro wrestling has different rules and a different culture and that's why MMA looks so different, not remind fans that the product they're watching isn't real and therefore isn't worth getting emotionally invested in.

• Paid Members
As soon as you try to tell people that shootfighting and pro wrestling are different because one is real and one is fake, the premise fails. Why would someone come and have a fake fight to prove that real fighting is better? It might conceivably work in Japan if a pro wrestler went to do a shootfight to prove a point, except that we've all seen now what happens in that situation. Pro wrestling promoters should emphasise the fact that pro wrestling has different rules and a different culture and that's why MMA looks so different, not remind fans that the product they're watching isn't real and therefore isn't worth getting emotionally invested in.

Yeah. I was thinking that as I was typing it, which is why I placed "fake" in quotation marks. The premise needs some more work to iron out the details ;)

• Paid Members
its a great card and may pull in some indy fans but it means absolutely nothing to casual fans

Alex Reid is on it! What the fuck he's doing in the uppercard is beyond me. ITV2 would probably do a live special on this. I would pay money to see Johnny Moss vs Alex Reid, and I have little interest in British Wrestling.

Archived