biggest draw in the uk?

machoman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Im concerned if we are talking realistically there are no draws anywhere really unless youve either worked for WWE recently or had a long spell with them in the past. I dont think its unfair to say that 80% of wrestling fans in this country have only ever and will only ever watche WWE.

I think I am in the same boat as Ross on this. I am quickly finding out who the local fans want to see to either cheer or boo and I try to get them on my posters as much as possible. I try to pick people they can identify with from previous shows and use people who have a good look so new people will think its credible. What works for me - Iain Robinson, El Ligero, Cam Kraze, etc - wouldn't be classed as a draw to casual fans in another area as they wont necessarily be familiar with them.

What works for me to the people who keep returning to my shows is based on their crowd work at shows so they can develop drawing power to an extent in a particular area but that isnt instantly transferrable to another area. Its almost like a version of the old territory system where the new guy has to get over regardless of how big a name he was in his previous territory. That all being said, I dont think any of my regulars would give it a miss if Ligero or Iain weren't scheduled to perform, they just might be a little disappointed

I hope this all makes sense, its been a long day today

Has to be Alex Shane, Shirley?

Not sure if that's serious or not but surely to casual fans Alex Shane has no name value. Most of my mates are casual fans at best and none of them know who he is

Has to be Alex Shane, Shirley?

Not sure if that's serious or not but surely to casual fans Alex Shane has no name value. Most of my mates are casual fans at best and none of them know who he is

No, of course I wasn't being serious. Who would be a fan of David Gest Jr?

I think that Storm or Fleisch would be the biggest just after Big Daddy.

If the British Bulldog was still live and wrestling in UK then he would be.

Biggest name out there is hard as unless its someone whos a fan of British wrestling or wrestling in general then no casual person in the street will know of anyone in wrestling in this country. If a British guy wants to make a name from wrestling then hes got to get out of this country.

Like the Bulldogs, Regal and Finlay all have done

Wrestling itself is the draw, no one wrestler is bigger then the show, people want a nightout end of the day so its a combination of great wrestlers, great production values and all the little things that make shows work, thats the draw. You could have a top name at the show but if everything else about the show is shite, noone will come again.

Archived