Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

machoman

biggest draw in the uk?

I guess it's akin to asking which team is the biggest draw in British American football. I'm sure there's a UK-based league for the sport, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the name of a team playing.

Its Gateshead Senators im like 80 % sure

I guess it's akin to asking which team is the biggest draw in British American football. I'm sure there's a UK-based league for the sport, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the name of a team playing.

I can't name you one British American footballer. Did Martin Offiah once give it a shot? But he doesn't count, because he is the only Rugby League in history player I can name.

Basically what Knightmare says, locally someone may draw for their hometown. Robbie Brookside still pulls a few when he wrestles here in Liverpool, he used to get the odd small feature in local newspapers, though not recently I must add.

As for Celebrities being used, I know GPW whose ring announcer on Big Brother (Luke something) was used a fair bit in advertisements. If memory serves me right, that Big Brother Tourettes sufferer who strangely had a bit of a following was used on one or two shows i'm sure. Pretty close to mainstream (shows all you need to be classed as a Celeb) Did they pull huge crowds?

I guess if a Celebrity who is popular could give British Pro Wrestling a 'rub' but their people would more than likely talk them out of it as British Wrestling isn't considered 'Cool, It, Mainstream'. WWE they would agree to because its a World Wide promotion and the Celebrity would Global Exposure, but a small show in a Leisure Centre in say, Hartlepool wouldn't even be given a second thought by a Celebrity whose getting exposure in the Daily Star.

Going slightly offline from this who would people pick from the uk to be the next potential sheamus (o shaunessy) or drew mcintyre(galloway) or for the tna fans the next doug williams.

I can't name you one British American footballer. Did Martin Offiah once give it a shot? But he doesn't count, because he is the only Rugby League in history player I can name.

John Smith? Osi Umenyiora (who has a superbowl ring)? Mick Luckhurst who was a huge name in the 80's and early 90's due to him presenting Channel 4 coverage of nfl?

And you'll know far more league players that that.

Scott Gibbs,

Andy Farrell,

Shaun Edwards,

Scott Quinnell,

JONATHAN FUCKING EDWARDS?

John Smith? Osi Umenyiora (who has a superbowl ring)? Mick Luckhurst who was a huge name in the 80's and early 90's due to him presenting Channel 4 coverage of nfl?

And you'll know far more league players that that.

Scott Gibbs,

Andy Farrell,

Shaun Edwards,

Scott Quinnell,

JONATHAN FUCKING EDWARDS?

I don't know any of these people... JONATHAN FUCKING EDWARDS rings a bell though, but I wuldn't be able to pick him out of a police linie-up.

Like most others, I know fuck all about Rugby although I have heard of Johnny Wilkinson, Bill Beaumont and some Offiah chap (named above). I happen to know a couple of former pro rugby players personally though.

Jonathan Edwards the triple jump champ?

That's what I thought!

I can probably reel off a long list of Rugby Union players, without ever being vaguely interested in the sport- but no Rugby League players. Sorry Butch, don't recognise any of those names :(

I meant JONATHAN FUCKING DAVIES, but it was twenty to two and I was overexcited.

ELLERY HANLEY