biggest draw in the uk?

machoman

its a great card and may pull in some indy fans but it means absolutely nothing to casual fans

i usually bypass your ramblings about scottish wrestling but you have just summed up this thread in one sentence

I have nothing to do with scottish wrestling, I havent seen a scottish wrestling show since 2004

edit: I understand your point about rambling though :wacko:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this topic died a while ago but....

I was talking to a friend last night who is a mma fan but doesnt watch wrestling unless he happens to be in the room when his son is watching wwe or tna and even then he doesnt really follow it but he may give it a few minutes of his attention if a few moves catch his eye....

Anyway my point is he said he would go to a british wrestling show if he heard someone like alex reid was performing he did say he would take his son and also joked that his wife would probably want to go just to see Alex Reid, at this point she walked into the kitchen asked what we were talking about he siad if Alex reid was on a wrestling show would she go as a family and she replied "what u mean that wwe on tv, is alex reid doing that now? its fake isnt it like acting.... yeah id go with you and Daniel if Alex Reid was on it"

I think someone like Alex Reid could be just the person to help get a british wrestling company some serious attention and help create a fan base that no british wrestling promotion has ever had before

I was talking to a friend last night who is a mma fan but doesnt watch wrestling unless he happens to be in the room when his son is watching wwe or tna and even then he doesnt really follow it but he may give it a few minutes of his attention if a few moves catch his eye....

Anyway my point is he said he would go to a british wrestling show if he heard someone like alex reid was performing he did say he would take his son and also joked that his wife would probably want to go just to see Alex Reid, at this point she walked into the kitchen asked what we were talking about he siad if Alex reid was on a wrestling show would she go as a family and she replied "what u mean that wwe on tv, is alex reid doing that now? its fake isnt it like acting.... yeah id go with you and Daniel if Alex Reid was on it"

I think someone like Alex Reid could be just the person to help get a british wrestling company some serious attention and help create a fan base that no british wrestling promotion has ever had before

yeah but he is shit at mma and would most likely be a shit wrestler

As said above if he trains hard he could be a decent wrestler, hes already got a gob on him so talking smack on the mic/ cutting a promo shouldnt be that hard for him.... And the main point is him being on a card would get attention from both the public and media, and would put bums on seats both live and at home infront of the tv.

As said above if he trains hard he could be a decent wrestler, hes already got a gob on him so talking smack on the mic/ cutting a promo shouldnt be that hard for him.... And the main point is him being on a card would get attention from both the public and media, and would put bums on seats both live and at home infront of the tv watching

yeah he might have a gob on him but not good for a promo if you seen the build up for the bamma fight he is shit. Shit promos for the fight and he got done the only reason he didnt get knocked out cos he was fighting another bum in Tom Kong Watson even thou he was the champ as well.

As said above if he trains hard he could be a decent wrestler, hes already got a gob on him so talking smack on the mic/ cutting a promo shouldnt be that hard for him.... And the main point is him being on a card would get attention from both the public and media, and would put bums on seats both live and at home infront of the tv watching

yeah he might have a gob on him but not good for a promo if you seen the build up for the bamma fight he is shit. Shit promos for the fight and he got done the only reason he didnt get knocked out cos he was fighting another bum in Tom Kong Watson even thou he was the champ as well.

Id be willing to bet he'd be better on the mic than a lot of those currently in the business in the uk (not saying ALL uk wrestlers are shit talkers btw)... Alex Reid is a showman, he gets media attention hes a athlete (ish) and giving he has a mma training background shouldnt find train to be a wrestler to hard to do.... as for talking about his previous fight with Tom Watson I think your missing the point as to what im saying

Come to think of it is your name Katie????

Id be willing to bet he'd be better on the mic than a lot of those currently in the business in the uk (not saying ALL uk wrestlers are shit talkers btw)... Alex Reid is a showman, he gets media attention hes a athlete (ish) and giving he has a mma training background shouldnt find train to be a wrestler to hard to do.... as for talking about his previous fight with Tom Watson I think your missing the point as to what im saying

Come to think of it is your name Katie????

nah i just dont think he could do it esp if his idea of creating a media frenzy is coming out singing show tunes that is not entertaining unless your a gleek or something i dont know. He always seemed to me like a puppet that Jordan had dont rate him as a draw maybe for women but no one else really

• Paid Members

Alex Reid may not be a particularly good MMA fighter, but I'll say this for him, on the basis of that BAMMA fight: he's got heart, or, at the very least, he's pretty tough. It was a bit of a war.

• Paid Members

Nobody. No British wrestler in the UK is a draw. Some former WWE-empolyed imports used on the UK scene could be a small draw, but that's it. This is by no means a knock on the British industry and it's talent whatsoever, because this country is littered with talented guys, it's just that the UK scene is nowhere near big enough to have anyone 'draw'.

• Paid Members
Nobody. No British wrestler in the UK is a draw. Some former WWE-empolyed imports used on the UK scene could be a small draw, but that's it. This is by no means a knock on the British industry and it's talent whatsoever, because this country is littered with talented guys, it's just that the UK scene is nowhere near big enough to have anyone 'draw'.

This. Until a UK company gets on regular TV with a substantial viewership, and builds recognition for its roster and product, no British wrestler can be considered a "draw" in any meaningful sense.

Archived