Impact Spoilers 27th Jan.

PowerButchi

• Moderators
TNA Impact Taping Results (SPOILERS)

Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 01.13.2011

Check out what went down...

Credit: John Benoit and PWInsider

Impact 1/27

*Impact opens with Kurt Angle cutting a promo in the ring about what happened last week with the Jarretts. He asked the crowd if they want one more match. Immortal and Eric Bischoff come out. Bischoff tells Angle his request has been turned down and sends Immortal to attack him. Little Red makes the save with a baseball bat. Flair cuts a promo saying Red can say "They are coming" but the only thing happening next week is the return of Hulk Hogan. Bischoff decides to make it Angle and Little Red, now being called Crimson, vs. all of Immortal tonight.

*In a six Knockout Elinination, Mickie James and The Beautiful People defeated Sarita, Madison Rayne and Tara. Angelina Love was the sole survivor.

*Max Buck defeated The Amazing Red and Chris Sabin. X-Division champion Kazarian was doing commentary.

*Jeff Hardy cuts a promo saying he doesn't care about the fans but he is TNA. He calls out Ken Anderson and says that in seven days, he's going to have the TNA title back. Anderson comes out and says that Jeff loves to bitch and moan but all that matters are wins and losses. Anderson says he has the title now and he'll have it after Against All Odds.

*Velvet Sky cuts a promo saying Winter attacked her and rips her apart, calling her a b**** numerous times. Winter comes out and they get into it but Angelina Love comes out and breaks them up, which pisses off Velvet, who storms off.

*Pope Dinero comes out what he says is "Confessions with Da Pope" and cuts a promo apologizing to Samoa Joe, then says he doesn't like Joe and Joe is one Frency Fry away from a heart attack. He says next week, he will allow a fan on to confess to the Pope.

*Ric Flair cuts a promo backstage psyching up Immortal.

*TNA champ Ken Anderson pinned Matt Hardy with a rollup in a good match. Jeff Hardy hit the ring but RVD hit the ring for the save.

*The main event is Kurt Angle and Crimson vs. Immortal's Beer Money, Kaz, Rob Terry and Gunner and Murphy, with AJ Styles. It turns into a gang beating on Angle, at which point Jeff Jarrett walks out and pins him. The lights go out and when they return, Scott Steiner is in the ring with a crowbar and Immortal bails.

MAIN EVENT MAFIA BABY!

So this is what it was like when I was back in school reading spoilers off of rajah.

TNA's the one company I still have a liking for and even when the shows sounded shit on the PC screen they always came off so much better on Bravo and Extreme.

The ending to Genesis sounds absolutly fantastic as does the debut of Hardy and the return of Steiner, it all just is meaningless in the grand scheme of things when you read it in text rather then seeing it with your own eyes.

Maybe "The Freaks" Terry and Steiner could have a little feud over whose the freakiest? Thats gotta have an entire Botchamania of its own.

Looks like they're giving "Crimson" an instant push which is a good sign. I'm kind of glad it's him as, having read the spoilers for the last few shows I was under the impression it was The Amazing Red taking everybody out...which would have been proper shit.

The return of Steiner has me all kinds of excited, even if it looks like he's going to be doing so as a face. As long as he's still able to rip the piss out of everybody then Impact will be worth watching again. I really, REALLY hope there's a Flair/Steiner exchange on the mic soon!!!!

Yeah, but who IS Crimson? Is he someone known off the indie circuit, or a complete newb?

This sounds all sorts of awesome. Plus, Hogan's back the week after! Sweet.

Real Name Tommy Mercer and is doesn't look like hes done a whole lot, mainly wrestled in NWA Main Event and indies in the south and had one little tryout with ROH on a preshow.

Hes just come out of the army after being in Iraq on two tours so they may go the same route as Jesse Neal and put him over that way.

All the spoilers for this month's Impacts look really good. The babyfaces make their big comeback, I assume the new 'They' will be a rejigged babyface Main Event Mafia led by Dixie Carter who'll demolish Immortal and send Bischoff and Hogan packing (hopefully they'll stick around behind the scenes).

I really liked Little Red/Crimson/Mercer when he came out for the Double J Double M A challenge. Great look, scary looking, strong and agile.

What happened to Desmond Wolfe though? He was supposed to have reappeared on last week's show according to the spoilers.

• Paid Members

The rumour mills are saying its the return of the Main Event Mafia, which I would have ZERO FUCKING problem with, since a combination of suits, sunglasses and pro wrestlers for some reason makes me want to watch more than actual in ring talent and charisma. I remember getting big into Japanese wrestling in the late 90s because Chono and the nWo Japan looked better than the American version of the group. Booker T said on Bill Apters show that he's more than likely going to return to TNA in the near future, so I can see him returning if the storyline is right. And I cant see the winter ending without a hint of an appearance from either or both of Nash and Sting. The money is two good for Sting and no fucker seems to want Kevin Nash anymore. Also, it would tie in very nice, because they walked out and Dixie Carter told them she would make it right by them, even though they were off to get the nigh bus. A MEM vs Immortal feud would be awesome I think. It would be that Nash, Sting, Booker T, Steiner and Angle have all been off television for months (or even up to a year). It would be great to see them clean house on Immortal.

Stuff like this is the reason TNA is so good, yet so shite. TNA is filled with class returns, big angles which shake up the promotion, debuts of stars and great promos. Yet, usually the week after the initial "this should be class" reactions, its back to not being arsed and over playing it. TNA's individual moments are cracking, but longterm it always seems to unravel and go tits up. Like the original MEM angle really. It just ended one day, and everyone left. If they could get a bit of flow to the shows, it would be class all year round.

I'm torn, Ian, if I'm honest. As cool as MEM looked, they sucked the life out of TNA for most of year and frankly failed to put over much of the younger talent, apart from Scotty. Booker T was a massive waste of space and I'll be pissed off if he comes back.

Having said which, a face MEM consisting of Angle, Steiner and Sting up against Hogan's Immortals (incl. Scott Hall) with a tweener Kevin Nash bouncing between the two sides... well, that'd be awesome. And this could all take place alongside Anderson's title run.

Archived