FSM Thread

Vipes

Would love to see more articles on British Indies, maybe longer interviewing the various promoters and talent. Fight Club Pro doesn't get much / any of a mention considering their surge from obscurity to one of the most exciting shows over the last 18 months or so. PCW, IPW, Southside and Progress all get a mention now and again but for the quality of shows they are putting on deserve some more column inches.

I'd also like to see more on Japan and the top USA indies, not seen much about CZW and how far their product have come since DJ took over.

I always think most people will have access / have seen TNA and WWEs recent shows so although many readers will only know about those 2 products, so they obviously need focus to sell magazines, but do you really need to talk about them so much as most of the time you will be likely be telling people about stuff they just saw rather than giving them new info. While there is so much exciting / variety being shown in so many other promotions around the world that deserve to be heard about.

I love my Japan and indie stuff, but I don't know a lot of the back story of many of the guys, the the piece on Tozowa where it explained where he came from and how he got to his spot, explaining some of his key moments that lead him there was a fantastic read and told me some stuff I genuinely didn't know and gave me some excellent matches to check out.

I was actually thinking of subscribing to this but the website just says coming soon and I can't see any other way to subscribe? I have never seen this magazine in a shop near me either so I cant really just pop out and buy it.

As per Brian's post:

The cheapest and easiest way to subscribe to FSM is via our website, here: http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk/subscribe.asp . The website is currently under re-development, and will be back with a brand new look shortly. In the meantime, please send an e-mail to customerservice@uncookedmedia.com stating that you would like to subscribe to FSM.

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 85 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

x2nuvm.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has features on:

- Daniel Bryan's crazy 2012, that has offered him a surprising chance to shine

- How Kane's 2012 has mirrored his entire 15-year WWE run

- In part two of our in-depth interview with Roddy Piper, the former Intercontinental champion talks working for the WWF, WCW, and the many outside projects he's been a part of

- On the anniversary of his death, FSM explores the remarkable life of Brian Pillman

- How TNA's Bound For Glory Series proves there is life left in the tournament format

- Why Ken Anderson needs a new lease of life to fulfil his potential in TNA

- In the latest in our series on the stars of classic British Wrestling, FSM looks at one of the most underrated talents in the sport,

I really want to buy this but for the 4th month in a row my local WH Smith's (Bury) has not had it in. When I have asked at the counter I was told a variety of answers, from 'There is no such magazine,' to, 'Never heard of it,' to 'We don't sell rubbish like that.'

When I have tweeted Brian, he has told me that one months supply was water damaged, but they have not had an issue since, so they must be dropping each months issues directly in the bath.

I don't want to subscribe, but would be buying it regularly, but am not willing to travel into Manchester or Bolton just to buy it. :angry:

I really want to buy this but for the 4th month in a row my local WH Smith's (Bury) has not had it in. When I have asked at the counter I was told a variety of answers, from 'There is no such magazine,' to, 'Never heard of it,' to 'We don't sell rubbish like that.'

When I have tweeted Brian, he has told me that one months supply was water damaged, but they have not had an issue since, so they must be dropping each months issues directly in the bath.

I don't want to subscribe, but would be buying it regularly, but am not willing to travel into Manchester or Bolton just to buy it. :angry:

I remember the one issue (batch) that was sent back because of water damage. Please remind me which branch this was, and they will be dealt with on Monday morning.

Edited by Brian Elliott

I remember the one issue (batch) that was sent back because of water damage. Please remind me which branch this was, and they will be dealt with on Monday morning.

It was the one in the Millgate Centre in Bury. To be fair, I went this afternoon and the mag WAS in. There was one copy, which I found behind an issue of Boxing Monthly. This was the first time I have found a copy in there. It is the worst branch of Smiths for customer service I have ever come across.