Drinking alcohol at wrestling shows

dangerously420

After reading a discussion in the Noah UK thread i would like to post a discussion about drinking alchol at wrestling shows.

Do you drink at shows yes or no?

For me i like to have a few beers at shows like TNA at Braehead.

There are others who don't drink at shows as they say they have spent a lot of money on tickets and want to remember everything they saw.

What are your views on it?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its like any other event, as long as you are responsible then its ok. All it takes though is a cople of drunken idiots to ruin a show, especially at small independants where you might get a couple of drunk oiks shouting and swearing in the vicinity of kids.

As long as you arent abusive then its fine, i certianly had a couple when ive been at the dome for 1PW and it was fine but each to their own

• Paid Members

Depends on what you like really.

Personally i would only drink soft drinks at a wreslting show, mainly because i only drink alcohol when im on a night out or something, although there is nothing wrong with having a tipple. But getting so drunk you cause a scene/forget about the show.......is stupid and mega pointless.

I think it'd best all round to only serve soft drinks if anything!

Personally haven't but understand why people do, it helps them relax and for some enjoy the show more. Either ways fine by me as long as your responsible and know when to stop.

I remember the first Dragon Gate show and there was a guy who everybody was avoiding because he was that drunk. Clearly, he'd gone to far and very likely regreted the following morning when he couldn't remember the show :D

For those who are shy-er, it can also help them relax and get more into the show.

• Paid Members
I like going and getting a drink at ICW shows and shouting at there daft MC. :thumbsup:

Jam

x

Mega-lols.

Personally I'll have one or two at a show. I don't see the point in getting drunk; making an ass of yourself; or forgetting parts of the show due to alcohol.

Usually I stick to soft drinks at the actual shows themselves and save the drinking of alcohol until after the show. However, I have attended shows and haven't had anything to drink at all. I don't drink alcohol at the shows because I want to be able to remember the matches/promos and because I simply feel I enjoy it more if I'm sober.

Is there any people on here that if they could not have a drink at a show that they would simply not attend due to they could not get into the show without the need for a drink?

Sorry but if people feel they can't go to shows because they can't have a drink then they shouldn't be allowed in in the first place. If they can't enjoy it without a drink, they obviously don't enjoy it that much to begin with

Is there any people on here that if they could not have a drink at a show that they would simply not attend due to they could not get into the show without the need for a drink?

Nah, I wouldn't NOT attend a show if I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to drink there. I go for the matches/people there, not to drink alcohol.

I'm happier knowing there is a bar at the venue. I just like a drink at the shows, im nowhere near a alcoholic. Having a few gets me more in the mood and the likely hood to join in. You just dont go overboard! but there will always be a idiot who does that and then thats why security are put into place.

But then you do get family type shows where its full of kids and that the only place I'd agree for there to only be soft drinks and such.

It would certainly discourage me if there was no beer at all. Then again, if people want to go on the booze, not selling it at the shows isn

• Paid Members

I like a drink if I'm not driving. I enjoy shows, drink or not, but I'm kind of a sad act so a few pint helps me get into it, getting me more vocal cheering the face booing the heel and doing more than just clapping like when I'm sober, and there fore enjoy the atmosphere a bit more.

That said I try not to be a dick about it, shout attention seeking shit or spoil things, I just like to loosen up a bit with a couple of pints and get involved with the flow a bit more not get smashed or anything.

That said I like to get fairly wasted at TXW shows, and probably am a bit of a dick but its not really your conventional set up so I'll let it slide.

However I think drink or not you will get some twat trying to be funny or attempting to be the center, there was a bloke behind me at DG night 2 who was sober but was clearly trying really hard to be cutting and witty and was just general killing the atmosphere a bit with his more miss than hit repertoire before his friend reeled him in a bit.

I agree with Richie that not selling alcohol at the events wouldn't make any difference to those who like a drink before the show - last time I had a couple of glasses of wine beforehand but I wasn't drunk or behaving badly in any way. That happened AFTER the show instead. I don't sneak drinks into wrestling shows but I have been known to sneak in soft drinks to the cinema simply because I refuse to pay their over-inflated prices for a simple Coke or whatever.

However I think drink or not you will get some twat trying to be funny or attempting to be the center, there was a bloke behind me at DG night 2 who was sober but was clearly trying really hard to be cutting and witty and was just general killing the atmosphere a bit with his more miss than hit repertoire before his friend reeled him in a bit.

Brilliant point. There will be a certain ratio of dickheads in any gathering of people beer or not. They will be dickheads whatever the situation. Booze is just a great tool to enhance the enjoyment of people and get the non dickheads in a buzzing mood for the matches.

Archived