Drinking alcohol at wrestling shows

dangerously420

I don't see why people have a problem with it. If you over your limit you get chucked out, simple. I find it a tad boring to not have a drink or two, a room full of sober men watching Dragons Gate for example would suck ass. Just be a pile of geeks masterbating in their minds being too shy to chant a word.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is the best thing going for the smaller shows. Usually if there is no beer, the adults just sit there looking at their watches waiting for it to end. But if their intoxicated... They have good night just like the kids

Sadly the shows I go to now I tend to be in the drivers seat so dont get to have more than 1 beer and tend to have that after the show somewhere else due to price.

In terms of drinking at shows I dont see a problem with it compared to any other live event. It is up to the person overall and they should still behave as expected or be thrown out.

When I have drank at shows it tends to be those with a proper bar and comfy seats. I always had a beer at broxbourne or Coventry Skydome for example as they are bigger shows and nice places to sit in. But I never really drank at somewhere smaller. Even TNA in bournemouth I only had 3 pints in total much less than I planned but was very glad. If I had drank more I wouldve missed so much beacause of going to the bar and the loo more. Not to mentionforgetting the show.

Forgetting a show is awful, John Butler Trio I drank waaay too much and have trouble remebering the show and really regret that as what bits I do remeber or videos I have seen look great.

I don't see why people have a problem with it. If you over your limit you get chucked out, simple. I find it a tad boring to not have a drink or two, a room full of sober men watching Dragons Gate for example would suck ass. Just be a pile of geeks masterbating in their minds being too shy to chant a word.

That's a fair point, but let's say you are running a show with a few lads pissed up in the crowd causing a scene... who's going to get rid of them?

That's a fair point, but let's say you are running a show with a few lads pissed up in the crowd causing a scene... who's going to get rid of them?

Well at the DG shows people have been mentioning there was security there both nights. I know the last thing they want is to chuck people out but usually a caution will make them behave. If not boom, out!

I'm sure the one guy on here got chucked out of the first Dragons Gate show, perfect example. :)

• Paid Members

Security? Trainees?

Security? Trainees?

Let's be honest, who is going to listen to trainees.

So proper security to get rid of anyone causing a scene would cost extra. Can't see any companies paying extra for security.

Personally I think it should be up to the venue, and be included in the cost, was just curious as to how others saw it.

As for wrestlers being drunk... I've worked with a few "old school veterans" who like a few whiskeys or similar before, and one who just necked a whole litre bottle.

It's the same as any entertainment.

At boxing, you can have a drink.

At comedy, you can have a drink.

At a gig, you can have a drink.

At each you have a level of personal and social responsibility to ensure it doesn't get out of hand.

Wrestling is no different.

Enjoy, get caught up in it, have fun.

A load of stifled punters sitting on their hands is the last anyone wants - be they fellow audience members or performers.

It's nice having the option of drinking at ICW shows even if I won't be using that option lots.

Incidentally, in the last few ICW shows I've been to, a good portion of the audience have been drunk and on one occaision something happened with one guy.

I'm still very much of the thought that if someone is such a cunt that they're ruining it for others, they'd probably do it drunk or sober.

Archived