[Polls] Best & Worst MMA Fighter of 2010

tiger_rick

Best & Worst MMA Fighter of 2010  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Best: Jose Aldo

Worst: Tito Ortiz

Was actually gonna vote BJ Penn worst despite him being a favourite of mine but he kinda redeemed himself the 20 second Hughes KO.

Was a tad surprised to see Gray Maynard in the worst nominees. Not really a fan of his but the guy's unbeaten and had wins over Nate Diaz and Kenny Florian in 2010.

Best: Jose Aldo

Worst: Tito Ortiz

Was actually gonna vote BJ Penn worst despite him being a favourite of mine but he kinda redeemed himself the 20 second Hughes KO.

Was a tad surprised to see Gray Maynard in the worst nominees. Not really a fan of his but the guy's unbeaten and had wins over Nate Diaz and Kenny Florian in 2010.

Don't know if you read the nomination thread, but I found it tricky on how you were to determine 'Worst MMA Fighter', as it is completely different to Worst Wrestler. Do you go for someone who didn't win for the year (Varner), a freakshow fighter (Toney), someone who bores you rotten everytime they fight (Konrad). I did my nominations based on the latter and had Maynard second behind Cole Konrad and ahead of Chad Mendes. Of course this was done before the Frankie Edgar fight...

• Moderators

Toney is weird one to have on the list for for worst for me, because I don't really count him. Frome those I picked Kimbo, but my personal choice would be Stefan Struve. Really rubbish for his consistent position on cards, and doesn't really have any discernable talents. Just gets by on his size..

For best, I can't see past Frankie Edgar

• Paid Members

Cain and Tito for me.

Velasquez had a great year. Came up the ranks, KO'd a legend and capped it off destroying the UFC's Biggest draw and winning HW the belt.

Tito missed his fight with chuck, had surgery and said he was back to 100%, Dropped a decision to Griffin then bitched about not being 100%. Then proceeded to look the shits against Hamill and losing again.

Edited by stuey2dope

• Moderators
Tito missed his fight with chuck, had surgery and said he was back to 100%, Dropped a decision to Griffin then bitched about not being 100%. Then proceeded to look the shits against Hamill and losing again.

This year was the year of "I have a fractured skull, you guys!" wasn't it? Because that was amazing.

• Paid Members
Don't know if you read the nomination thread, but I found it tricky on how you were to determine 'Worst MMA Fighter', as it is completely different to Worst Wrestler. Do you go for someone who didn't win for the year (Varner), a freakshow fighter (Toney), someone who bores you rotten everytime they fight (Konrad). I did my nominations based on the latter and had Maynard second behind Cole Konrad and ahead of Chad Mendes. Of course this was done before the Frankie Edgar fight...

I didn't read the nomination thread. Good point though, didn't think about it llike that really. Thought it just meant best and worst as in success rate, wins/losses etc.

Still had to go with Tito. His fights were never what you'd call exciting but his dick personality kind of kept him interesting. Now even that can't keep my interest, he was dull as fuck as a TUF coach, and yet again talked himself up and proceeded to look like shite against Hamill.

• Paid Members

This year was the year of "I have a fractured skull, you guys!" wasn't it? Because that was amazing.

The cracked skull stuff was after the second Griffin fight in late 09 I think. He didn't let us down with his stupidity in 2010 either though when he managed to have a pop at deaf people. Classy bloke.

Apparantly deaf people can't take punches and have soft heads. Dunno how many deaf people he's gone around punching for his research but what a massive headed twat he is.

Fuck me the only fight Tito won this year was the split decision domestic with his Grand Canyon fannied Mrs.