[Nominations] Worst Wrestler of 2010

tiger_rick

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Hardy

After a rough couple of months at the beginning, I thought he had a pretty good year.

The feud with McIntyre was unlike almost anything else you see in WWE nowadays (closest was the Finlay/Knox or Finlay/Palumbo from '08 from a year ago) in terms of stiff, hard-hitting fights.

I also have to agree with the comments from guys like Kata Ha Jime in the best sellers thread last month - I thought he was one of the very few who understands the importance of selling (not just in WWE, but wrestling in general the last ten years) particularly that recent match with Del Rio and his storytelling was always solid at worst. I also thought he looked the best/second best worker in arguably the two best TLC matches this year - him and Christian really held those matches together.

Rey Mysterio

Fuck off!!

Agree with Abyss and Dibiase though.

I thought Rey had a pretty good year as well. He looked great inside the Chamber for the second year running, had the feuds with Punk and Swagger which both produced some of the better stuff this year, some top class matches vs. Undertaker on TV, the mini-feud with Miz, etc.

I would have voted Abyss if I'd seen more TNA because from what I catch not only does the guy suck but he seems to have actively regressed over the past few years (there was a small window a few years back where he seemed to be developing into a decentish big man worker) but it feels unfair nominating someone on three matches or whatever I've seen from him.

Bret Hart

He looked horrible in the Vince match where he wasn't able to do anything, but thought he looked better and better each time after that. He'd probably get my vote for "most improved" if there was such a thing :laugh:, his facial expressions and timing at SummerSlam were remarkably good for a stroke victim who has been out of the ring for over a decade, he's a lot like Hardy and Rey in that the little touches were still there and he still had the second best punches on the roster (behind Lawler) from anyone who worked WWE this year.

That said, each to their own on all those and shame to hear Bubba has declined so much the past year.

This is a tough one because noone stands out as head and shoulders above (below?) the rest when it comes to being bad this year. I thought Morrison had been the most disappointing earlier on this year and actually thought Truth looked better than him in their team but he's been really good (at times borderline great) recently. Most of the NXT Divas sucked but considering their lack of experience, etc. its a bit harsh to put them in. So I'll go for the only person I didn't enjoy who worked both NXT and was given the chance to show his stuff on the main stage:

Darren Young

.... Even then I wouldn't be shocked if he develops into a better worker down the road. Like I said, tough, tough year for this 'Award'.