Times you could hear spots being called

Dashing

I was watching Survivor Series 1991 a few years ago on Tagged Classic and one thing I remember from the first match is Ted Dibiase loudly yelling "REVERSE CHARGE!" at Bret Hart before Irish whipping him across the ring. Interestingly, somebody must have noticed before the Anthology release because on their, his mouth moves but the sound is muted entirely so you can't hear him.

Another one I remember is HBK yelling at Khali to turn to the hard camera when he was taunting during the 2007 Rumble. I think this one made Botchamania at one point.

Can you remember any times you could clearly hear spots being called in a match?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Jericho vs anyone ever, 199-whenever you like through to two thousand and always. Does my fucking head in. Ken Shamrock throughout most of 97 too, but I remember reading somewhere that Michaels told him to shout his spots nice and loudly as a bit of a wind up, so maybe it's not all his fault.

Shamrocks "SLAP ME" to Ryan Shamrock loud as fuck with the camera right next to him is a classic.

Botchamania videos are filled with the "People talk too much" sections. Triple H was featured quite a lot, always calling for the High Knee and Spinebuster spot

Shamrocks "SLAP ME" to Ryan Shamrock loud as fuck with the camera right next to him is a classic.

Botchamania videos are filled with the "People talk too much" sections. Triple H was featured quite a lot, always calling for the High Knee and Spinebuster spot

LOL, can't believe that I forgot that one.

How about Sid's 'is your brother ready' to one of the Steiners during War Games 91

That's the first one I remember, and the one that finally convinced me as a child that wrestling wasn't real, so to speak.

Didn't it go something like:

"Are u ok?"

"yeah"

"Is he on the top rope?"

"yeah"

"Ok let's go"

Archived