SOUTHSIDE present - TWO SHOWS IN ONE DAY - 10th Oct - SHEFFIELD

Southside crew

Thinking of attending this show, Always heard good things about Southside and there Speed King shows. Looking for abit of info, Whats the venue like and is there parking available? What time would the show finish? If i was to get the train how far is the station from the venue?

Venue's nice and just out of the city centre. Own parking lot too. Seen as it's just out of the city centre I'd say a 10/15 minute bus ride from train station, but then I've always driven. Show starts at 7 and is listing a 10.05 finish on facebook but I'd say 10.30 for room for any margin or error.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thinking of attending this show, Always heard good things about Southside and there Speed King shows. Looking for abit of info, Whats the venue like and is there parking available? What time would the show finish? If i was to get the train how far is the station from the venue?

I recommend going to this show if you can as the last 2 installments of Speed King were excellent and the line up this year is better in my opinion. Southside always tries to do a mix of storylines/entertainment and high match quality but this is the show where they generally go all out on pure match quality.

There are 2 rooms in the Ruschcliffe Arena, this event is taking place in the main room where most of the previous events took place, not the one where the March shows took place. I always prefer the main room as the atmosphere / noise stays in a lot better, so I'm happy that this years Speed King is in there.

After most SWE shows at this venue there are loads of people at the bus stop directly outside the venue, I personally haven't got a bus to and from the venue but lots of people do. I have however got a taxi and I'd say it's about 10 mins to the city centre / train station.

• Paid Members

kb9b.jpg

We are very excited to announce that Prince Devitt will be making his Southside return at Speed King. Devitt has been a huge star for NJPW and is considered by many as the very best junior heavyweight in the world. Following impressive victories in Southside against Michael Elgin and El Ligero can he make it 3 on a trot in Southside , maybe even 4 ;)

So for Speed King that means you've got 13 entrants so far, probably doing 14 again like last year.

1: Petey Williams

2: Mark Andrews

3: Martin Kirby

4: AR Fox

5: Robbie X

6: El Ligero

7: MK McKinnan

8: Noam Dar

9: Kay Lee Ray

10: Kris Travis

11: Dean Allmark

12: Will Ospreay

13: Prince Devitt

Gonna take a stab at Mark Haskins as #14.

And these matches already announced:

Petey Williams vs Robbie X

Mark Andrews vs Will Ospreay

Martin Kirby vs Dean Allmark

AR Fox vs Kris Travis

So that means Devitt in rematches against Ligero, Dar or MK or a first time match against KLR or entrant 14, which I'm thinking would be Haskins, although with him holding the Southside Heavyweight Championship, his inclusion might be unlikely.

I'd put Devitt in a Non-Tournament match. I'm taking the "maybe 4" line as potentially being at the afternoon show. I'm at both shows regardless so I won't be disappointed either way, but I'd say the tournament doesn't need Devitt. That's how absolutely stacked it is.

Personally, if you're a BritWres fan and you're missing out on Prince Devitt and Andrews vs. Ospreay (plus the rest), you're seriously going to kick yourself.

Once payday hits, I'm getting the tickets. For sure.

Archived