SOUTHSIDE present - TWO SHOWS IN ONE DAY - 10th Oct - SHEFFIELD

Southside crew

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Hola what time will the meet and greet be ? Also will devitt be signing or will he just be doing the photo shoot ? Also will there be bullet club shirts for sale?

Hi , meet and greet is after show . Devitt will be signing at M&G but no photos

Just to also confirm Devitt photos will take place during interval of evening show :)

• Paid Members

Front and second row now sold out for evening.

14 Devitt picture opps left - these will sell out.

Limited edition t-shirt is already selling well - pictures on facebook.

Also Day of Reckoning 2 and New Beginnings dvd's will be on sale at the show :)

• Paid Members
Hi, what is the best way to get tickets now? As it's too late to post out tickets, should I still order on the website or can I buy on the day?

Thanks.

Either way is fine buddy , if you buy through website they will be reserved on door . However I'm sure we won't sell out as venue is big :)

We attended both shows yesterday. I'll leave the reviewing to someone a lot more qualified than me. The afternoon show was great fun but Speed King was a great show full stop. I went with the family (wife and 2 boys). My boys absolutely loved it and even the wife who is ho hum wrestling wise was on her feet for both the Devitt vs Haskins match and the Speed King final.

The whole show was very well run and everyone was very friendly which is something we haven't experienced on a couple of local shows. It looks like we'll be attending as regularly as possible.

Thanks to everybody involved.

Cheers.

An absolutely incredible show last night. Utterly fantastic. This was without shadow of a doubt the best show I've attended in 2014 so far. In fact I'd rate it the best show Southside have done to date, managing to finally top Supremacy 2012. The last time I saw so many back to back standing ovations after a much had ended (four in a row) it was Dragon Gate UK! You had the two brilliant athletic exchanges between Travis/Fox and Andrews/Ospreay, the absolute war between Haskins/Devitt and then the true emotional connection and punch between Kirby/Kay Lee Ray as the final two in the main event. I don't think I've ever seen a crowd will on someone the way they did Kay Lee last night, they were absolutely desperate for her to pull off the victory against Kirby.

Quick results for those interested:

Risky Business 3:

Noam Dar over Tyler Bate via knee-bar - Very well done match between two of the UK's hottest prospects for the future. Crowd was a little on the quiet side, but the two sucked them in by the end.

El Ligero and Kay Lee Ray over Joseph Connors and Lana Austin via Gory Bomb from KLR onto Austin - The crowd definitely got into this one a lot more as Connors has really come into his own post-Predators as the most hated man in Southside and Ligero and KLR are two of the biggest faces in the promotion. Post match Connors went into a tirade against the fans, slapped and threw one of them down from his chair, only for the man sat behind this fan to rise up out of his chair, remove his hood to reveal Paul Malen. Malen then attached Connors with a steel pipe and left him laying in the ring after announcing himself vs Connors at the May 11th Nottingham return show.

Prince Devitt over T-Bone, Will Ospreay and Robbie X via Bloody Sunday on T-Bone - Absolutely incredible match. Bell to bell, balls to the wall. Devitt and Bone chucked Robbie and Will out, only for Robbie and Will make the pair pay for it shortly afterwards with two sensational out of the ring dives at the same time. Devitt hit a double stomp from the top rope onto both Robbie and Ospreay after T-Bone had powerbombed(? I think) Robbie onto Ospreay. Devitt got the win after pinning T-Bone but there was so much good stuff in this match to remember and list up all would be ridiculous.

Mark Andrews over AR Fox via shooting star press - The story was AR Fox's repeated attempts at his Lo Mein Pain (one man spanish fly) and the last time he went for it, Andrews again reversed and hit his SSP for the shock victory. Andrews has had losses against Haskins, Swann and Tommy End so needed a victory to justify his place on the Southside roster, but it was still a shock to see him go over Fox. This match could've easily slotted onto the evening show and served as a perfect sampler for Speed King 2014.

Zak Northern over Stixx via DQ - The weakest match of the entire day but when you can say that about a Stixx match, you know that this match was at least good. Stixx beat Northern quite handily the last time in Nottingham so Northern charged him as soon as he stepped in the ring only to be planted with a black hole slam. That wasn't good enough for Stixx who berated and continued a slow assault but didn't pin Zak when he had the chance(s) and allowed Zak repeated chances to stage a comeback. At one point Stixx even declared to the ref he didn't care if he was DQ'd and ultimately this did end up the nature of the finish as after Zak was staging more than a short term burst of offense, Stixx hit him with his steel chain.

Zak Northern over Stixx via shining wizard - As Stixx was leaving, Zak took the mic to challenge him to a no DQ match. Kay Lee Ray, Pete Dunne and Will Ospreay prevented Stixx from leaving and chucked him back in the ring, Ray guillotining Stixx on the top rope when he attempted to grab her and then Zak quickly pinned him after a shining wizard.

Project Ego over Mark Haskins and Petey Williams via T-Suplex on Williams - Before the match even began the crowd was in hysterics. A loud, drunken Scotsman (well, I'm presuming drunken due to the latter) was shouting stuff at Travis so Haskins invited him to be in his and William's corner. Ego then proceeded to request the presence of a large, Thor-like crowd member and a smaller kid in glasses with a Daniel Bryan t-shirt. Haskins then had a secret weapon, his infant son Jack, who Trav remarked that Kirby and Jack looked suspiciously similiar (It's the bald head). But when Trav went to throw a shirt at Haskins, it unfortunately grazed Jack in the process which set the young Haskins off crying. Travis then set Jack off further by calling Jack, Kirby's son! From there Haskins had a one-man vendetta against Travis through-out the match. And the two teams had a very good back and forth match which saw Ego get the win (clean) although Petey Williams got a measure of revenge himself with the Canadian Destroyer on Travis to end the afternoon show on a happy note.

Speed King 2014:

Pete Dunne over Noam Dar via reversing Dar's small package - Very good back and forth technical battle in a first time encounter. Like Dar/Bate the crowd was again on the quiet side and a fair bit of the spots were repeated but Dunne got to look very good in one of his few Southside appearances. My only complaint with the match was perhaps it stretched on a little too long, but each time Dunne managed to survive the kneebar I was stunned as I felt sure Dar would advance. The finish came when Dar went for a small package, only for Dunne to use his weight to ensure Dar's shoulders were the ones predominantly down, although there was still a shock when Dunne had his hand raised.

Kay Lee Ray over El Ligero via Gory Bomb - Last year the two faced each other with Ligero advancing. In that match it was more built around Ligero not wanting to strike Ray. Now a year removed Ray has been involved in a mini-feud with Kirby (due to Ligero) and also took on Amazing Kong and has shown she can hold her own against any opponent.... TBC

Robbie X over Petey Williams via Yoshi-tonic - TBC

AR Fox over Kris Travis via Lo Mein Pain - TBC. First standing ovation of the night.

Will Ospreay over Mark Andrews via Imploding 450 - TBC. Second standing over of the night.

Mark Haskins over Prince Devitt via Made In Japan to retain Southside Heavyweight Title - TBC. Third standing ovation of the night.

Martin Kirby over Kay Lee Ray, AR Fox, Robbie X, Will Ospreay and Pete Dunne via belt shot on Kay Lee Ray as final two - TBC. Fourth standing ovation of the night.

TBC's as will finish up later. I intended quick results and got typing so... Yeah. TBC.

Archived