Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members
Ron yet another attempt to twist my words, i have highlighted the important parts of the phrases you conveniently left out of your little sumaries and i voted for you as i felt what you did was scumy and this second post even scummier

Honestly Dan, your highlighting of "pretty" made me laugh so much I'm not sure I could possibly vote for you today. Well done.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Don't patronise me I don't really care if you vote for me or not, I know I am not scum, but I am pretty confident you are and your mis-quoting and twisting of my words surely proves that, I just hope everybody else ends up seeing this.

How did I misquote your words, Dan? I quoted full sentences for everyone to see. If you were able to take the exact quotes I chose to prove you were speaking quite a bit about Mike and Triple A and highlight what you felt was relevant then surely other posters could use their eyes to do the same thing?

And Dan, I'm not saying that you're scum - I was trying to show YOU that you had mentioned Mike/Triple A quite often over the past few pages.

Yes but as I said before your post I only mentioned them after the first time in defence of mentioning them that one time as evidenced by your 4 quotes where the first is the original mention and the other 3 are me defending why I mentioned them. Also the fact you took one word from each quote and used them out of their context is extremely scummy play. You have been deliberately trying to smear me but i have caught you out and hopefully you get your comeuppance for it.

• Paid Members
Yes but as I said before your post I only mentioned them after the first time in defence of mentioning them that one time as evidenced by your 4 quotes where the first is the original mention and the other 3 are me defending why I mentioned them. Also the fact you took one word from each quote and used them out of their context is extremely scummy play. You have been deliberately trying to smear me but i have caught you out and hopefully you get your comeuppance for it.

You haven't, you know. I don't mean to patronize tou, but I'm not sure you quite understand my post. I picked out the strong words you used in your post to evidence why I thought what you said was odd. Highlighting that you said "You feel" they are innocent for example doesn't change the fact you said "innocent" - it's quite a strong word to use. Same with "confident" - whether or not you said "pretty" in front of it is completely irrelevant to what I was trying to show you. Same with "probable". Taking it out of context would be if I took one of your quotes and tried to use it in a way that tried to show you were attacking the two, for example.

• Paid Members
I don't know much about Nexus as a player so I'm going to exclude him from this, but Mike - what do you make of SMS and Dan Williams actions when you take their track records into consideration? Does that make you less likely or more likely to suspect them?

I'm crap at looking at meta, it's one of the reasons I rarely use it in games as a whole.

Nexus can at times get a bit emotional at times (not in the sense of getting emotionally involved, just that, like me, he can get frustrated at the directions people are taking). Not noticed that yet here, but then he's barely been around either.

SMS and Dan... I really never notice too much in games, SMS I rarely notice in the games, even at the points he's active. Except of course for the game Nexus ran in which he imploded of course, but I wont take that game as evidence of his style, just evidence that he let his emotions go on that one.

The only things I truly notice are stuff like TripleA's acting on gut waaaay too much, and thus leading to votes and actions that can hinder the town than help them. (see: Last game), swift's solid ability to scum hunt (I think it was that he was putting such a small effort into scum hunt, and so much into leading the town in the last game that lead to me thinking he should have been lynched last game, even if I did already have the roles to hand after I was lynched), and of course your attacking anyone who so much as looks to be considering you as scum.

Other than that, I don't tend to notice too much from game to game, and take each one with a grain of salt.

or if that was tl;dr:

I suck balls when it comes to meta play for the most part.

Also guys... this discussion between you about whether or not Dan deliberately buddied me and TripleA, or whether he was constantly asked to repeat himself doesn't need to happen, it is distracting from scum hunting, the rest of us can quite easily go back and see what was said ourselves if we feel either of you need investigating further.

Right guys, despite mentioning it in this thread and the sign up thread, I am very busy with having to help organise and attend a funeral which is taking place today.

Kind of ironic that I would get the Undertaker character, don't you think?

Anybody who has voted for me, being impatient as they couldn't wait, have now become suspects to me.

I haven't been near a computer in days, hence the fact my avatar has not changed, so instead I have had to use my phone.

I will try and get back online properly tonight, but if I can't, it will be tomorrow night.

The reason I said what I said, which wasn't a slip up, was because I knew I would be away for a few days and felt Ron was acting the scumier player at the time.

I wanted people to vote for Ron, then we could investigate (there is that word again) Nexus and others tomorrow, so I needed to push hard for how I wanted to play the game.

I wouldn't have said that if it wasn't for the fact that I am unavailable for this current time to post as much as I usually do.

You all know I would have posted loads by now, from past games performances, so for me to be quiet means something isn't right.

That thing is this funeral taking place today.

For the record, I still think Ron is my favourite choice for a vote, but apart from Nexus I don't really have any other leads or anything else to add at the moment.

Hopefully I will get chance to have a proper read of th whole thread tonight if you guys haven't added another 20 pages or so.

A couple of quick questions for those that voted for me, why have you voted for someone who has made it obviously clear he can't defend himself as he is away at a funeral?

Also do you not feel like that is a scummy ting to do and why I should I believe you are not scum if you are prepared to stoop that low to take me out?

• Paid Members

You're appealing to emotion, SMS. That's classic scumminess that. Did you declare v/la? If not, then you can't whine at people who are voting for you. Doesn't work like that. You haven't become any less suspicious.

I made a wording error. I was pissed off that TripleA was claiming and therefore risking exposing other Vanilla Townies. I did the same thing when I was scum in the cowboy game, and it worked in the scums favour; they knew who was a VT and who wasn't, so could ignore the VTs during the night and try and hit a power role. That's what I feel TripleA's actions may lead to: the people who have indicated their agreement with the VT paraphrasing will be left alive at night whilst the scum try to hit power roles.

That's what I meant, and if that makes me scum, then so be it.

Whoever was asking about my scum meta: I generally act more erratic. If I'm caught out, I'll just go on a trolling spree. I've done neither of those things in this game; you've found something slightly scummy, but I'm not scum, so I'm trying to convince you not to lynch me, rather than accepting the inevitable and trying to fuck things up for the town more like I did last time.

• Paid Members
You're appealing to emotion, SMS. That's classic scumminess that. Did you declare v/la? If not, then you can't whine at people who are voting for you. Doesn't work like that. You haven't become any less suspicious.

In fairness, he did mention he was going to this funeral, although he didn't declare V/LA officially. I don't think it matters how he declared it - it was mentioned. However, you are right that it doesn't make him any less suspicious.

A couple of quick questions for those that voted for me, why have you voted for someone who has made it obviously clear he can't defend himself as he is away at a funeral?

Because your line about Ron looks scummy. People will vote if they think you're scum but you've still got time to defend yourself.

• Paid Members

Personally i'd think a funeral and the surrounding days are much more important than an internet mafia game. I don't care that he didn't vl/a because I wouldn't have either.

My vote still stands though.

• Paid Members

All I'm going to say on the matter is that SMS did mention during the last game (about 3 weeks ago, if you want to verify this in the thread) that someone had died. It's a sensitive subject so I'm not going to dwell on it. It really doesn't change my opinion of his comment, but there's a verifiable statement for anyone who is doubting him.

• Paid Members

Not much has changed for me since yesterday, I still think the Nexus exchange with TripleA is the best thing we have to go on at the moment, and Nexus is still my strongest suspicion. However Ron I can't help but be drawn to you too, it may just be because you are the highest poster, and in the cowboy game when you were a cultist you also posted very frequently (I think despite coming into the game a few game days later than everyone else you still finished as 3rd or 4th top poster).

Also Ron, just for people like me who only tend to play during the day and then catch up the overnight stuff the next morning, when you do one of your posts where you quote different bits from different people, please could you make sure the quotes include the original posters name, it makes it really difficult to follow what's going on without them, cheers.

• Paid Members
Not much has changed for me since yesterday, I still think the Nexus exchange with TripleA is the best thing we have to go on at the moment, and Nexus is still my strongest suspicion. However Ron I can't help but be drawn to you too, it may just be because you are the highest poster, and in the cowboy game when you were a cultist you also posted very frequently (I think despite coming into the game a few game days later than everyone else you still finished as 3rd or 4th top poster).

And I did in the last game too, when I was a vigilante.

Also Ron, just for people like me who only tend to play during the day and then catch up the overnight stuff the next morning, when you do one of your posts where you quote different bits from different people, please could you make sure the quotes include the original posters name, it makes it really difficult to follow what's going on without them, cheers.

Sure.

• Paid Members

And I did in the last game too, when I was a vigilante.

Fair enough, I wasn't involved in the last game

• Paid Members

SMS, this is obviously awkward. Outside of the game, I'm sure you have everybody's condolences for what I'm sure is a difficult time, and I personally hope that the funeral has gone as smoothly as possible.

In the game, however, you've posted something that was very aggressive and non-town looking. To put it bluntly, going to a funeral doesn't prevent you from being scum. On top of that, I understand that you have mentioned that you'd be away, but there are 20 people in this game. There's a lot to keep track of as it is, which is why the V/LA is an important thing to put up. As you say, there are a lot of posts.

As it is, you'v responded to a very fair criticism with a lot of aggression. The vote doesn't have to be done until Saturday, so there's plenty of time for you to be back in the game and defend yourself - indeed, you've been in the thread today. If you'd spent that time defending yourself, rather than attacking people for suspecting you, it may have been time better spent. My vote still stands, although I could be convinced by Nexus.

I think Nexus could be playing badly as town. In past games, that would have been enough for me to lynch him on a first day, but I'll need more at this point.

Posting that he'd melt down and act weird if he was guilty is an odd defence - but pointing out that someone else did something he did in a previous game is something that I can believe, and it was an immediate response. As I said, I could be convinced, but it was a move by Triple A that was possibly anti-town, and he is an experienced player. It could go either way for me, or it could be that they're both town. Which, I guess, is part and parcel of the game.

Triple A - do you think claiming in the way that you did is pro-town?

Archived