Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Turns out me and Family Guy actually were working together eh Ron? ;)

I'm actually quite glad the game finished when it did, it could have gotten even more embarrasing. The last days play had essentially been me and FG bickering with Mike and Ron. The scum must have loved that with all four of us town.

Have to say well played to Chris B, if I had to say one person I thought was definite town, it was him.

I don't want this to come out in a bad loser-ish way at all, but I think Corey, Wolfvision, and especially Chris Stone (because of his strong double voting role) really hurt us. Not to take anything away from the scum as they played excellently, but after Stone's great runs in previous games he could have made such a difference.

• Paid Members
Turns out me and Family Guy actually were working together eh Ron? ;)

I'm actually quite glad the game finished when it did, it could have gotten even more embarrasing. The last days play had essentially been me and FG bickering with Mike and Ron. The scum must have loved that with all four of us town.

Have to say well played to Chris B, if I had to say one person I thought was definite town, it was him.

I don't want this to come out in a bad loser-ish way at all, but I think Corey, Wolfvision, and especially Chris Stone (because of his strong double voting role) really hurt us. Not to take anything away from the scum as they played excellently, but after Stone's great runs in previous games he could have made such a difference.

I agree with the L-1's. It was more a punishment to the town than a punishment to them as they weren't playing anyway. Snake's options regarding what he could do were limited, but it maybe shows that a smaller sized game is the way ahead, with priority made to active players and new starts. People who kind of ignore the game ruin it a little.

But yeah, I had a pretty strong case on Family Guy I thought! I think if I posted it you'd probably have seen my point of view. He kind of contradicted himself by saying early on that "anyone could be accused of tunnelling at any point" (dismissing the idea of tunneling) then accusing me of tunneling him at a point I'd only given him a passing mention, and also taking quotes out of context (something he'd also slammed earlier) which Bristep noticed too.

There were other things that he'd said that had been picked up on, but not altogether. I think if we'd lynched him earlier (sorry FG) then we'd have received vital information, rather than chasing someone like Dan who seemed erratic to me rather than scummy (which he was, it mirrored his Cowboy game) - even if he was scum he wasn't really an "information lynch" and I think we missed our chances to use them when we could have.

But I think the L-1 players hampered that too.

And BB, the main reason I thought yourself and FG were together was that your voting patterns were similar. It was more a hunch than anything else. A hunch I was wayyyy off on, although I was correct in saying Mike and Dan weren't scum :laugh:

But well played to Carbomb, Chris and co, you played a great game.

• Paid Members

It's hard to see how else snake deals with them if you modkill you punish the town as well, it is meant to punish the side they played for so being inactive is the most anti town thing a town player can do a -2 may be better than -1 but it is still a step from replacements (if there are any) or modkill.

• Paid Members
Great win guys, I hope everyone liked the effort I put in with my Bah and revenge posts, trying to keep it very wwe. Though it was fairly clear to me that everyone was going off in the wrong direction I still didn't have your team picked out exactly just a rough feeling of where to go. I probable shouldn't have tried creating a case for scum to jump on or should have at least waited until I had something but I really wanted to look like I had some other info coming into the game after we just lost cop and doctor in one night as it would either flush scum onto the lynch or see some bussing going on if I hit right, but as went through I became so suspicious of Chris B, I actually decided to do his post list before Bristep as the case of Bristep was similar to the one I did on FG in Nexus game and to be fair I could have done that to numerous players in this game (including myself) as there is a lot of fluff posts made (whether it seems like it or not when posted) while I don't want to discourage posting, as we do enough trying to get it sometimes if you are posting 3 times in the space of an hour your post is just as likely to be a fluff post as it is to add something and people really need to think what that post is adding.

Yeah, you nailed me. The problem you had was that you repeatedly made out your case was stronger than it was. Instead of getting people to be more suspicious of me, I was able to make out you were making a bullshit case. If you'd left it at pointing out about the change in my play, or any of the things you had, and added to it that it was a hunch based on it seeming similar to your play in the previous game, you'd probably have gotten me. As it was, you didn't have the case you were making out you had.

I do think a good discussion is needed as after FG game there really wasn't much before this game started as people wanted to get over the bad town lose there but it means there was very little learning taken from it but my main learning that need to be taken from both games is

Do not discuss the win conditions or town confirming posts until MUCH later on as it gives the scum the only bit of info they don't have as the informed minority and then the town, as the uniformed majority have nothing to use in the end game when your are more likely to be using that info in a damning light on scum rather than wasting it confirming a town who will be knocked off by the time it reaches crunch time.

I actually want win conditions to be posted in the game. I think it's actually unfair on the scum to have something they can't bluff.

Oh, we haven't mentioned that we actually had a governor in our team. We could prevent one lynch in the game. We're actually gutted we didn't get to use that.

• Paid Members
I actually want win conditions to be posted in the game. I think it's actually unfair on the scum to have something they can't bluff.

Another reason why all games should have a basic Vanilla Town PM in the opening post.

Strictly speaking this game was unfair on the scum totally, what with a Bomb, and a PGO that was unlimited use, then having to guess the win condition in essence. Having the flakes actually balanced it a little for the scum in this game surprisingly.

Oh, we haven't mentioned that we actually had a governor in our team. We could prevent one lynch in the game. We're actually gutted we didn't get to use that.

Interesting, it's always hard to use a Governor role. If it's town do you overrule the town if you truly believe someone is town? If you're wrong you may have screwed the town over, if you're right... well nobody will know anyway.

If you're scum, again, do you use it to save town? You'll know if you're right, but nobody else will know, and short of "I knew he was town" you wouldn't be able to say why you felt he was town (nor why you didn't argue against the lynch and prevent it), plus it is like having a no lynch in that case anyway. By the same token, do you deliberately save someone that is thought as scum? They'll likely get lynched again later anyway (So perhaps using it with Nexus might have been a good idea, purely to keep him around an extra day what with him being a Role Cop). The problem is if mass claim is called you best have a damned good reason for saving scum.

• Paid Members
I'm worried for the game where Dan actually is scum. He's going to be able to play the scummiest of games and everyone's just going to go "oh, that Dan!" "He's so erratic" :) he'll be able to get away with murder.

Apparently he kind of flew under the radar in his actual scum game! He's going to be difficult to read from here on that's for sure. However, credit to him for being active and even though his actions kind of screwed the town over, he still went in head first and added a layer of difference to the game. If everyone played the same reserved, held back game style it wouldn't be quite as fun.

Fucking brownie... What did I say something like day 2? I called both brownie and Chris B early on, then backed off on Chris when he argued his case well and it felt more like a townie arguing it, but brownie I continued pushing... but no bastard believed me, I was the only one pushing him... fucksake.

Carbomb and Lawz I think flew well and truly under the radar of most, purely because they barely posted compared to most for the whole game. Which is a shame, but still, a valid tactic so well played.

But Chris B was easily the star of the scum there. He turned me from being almost convinced he was scum, to believing he was town, and even getting me to almost (almost mind you) wind up lynching swift until I re-checked what I was doing, and realized that I really didn't have much on swift at all. Of course by that point is was too late.

A deserving scum victory. They saw the infighting amongst the rest of us and played it well.

Dan, you still should have argued your case more. Had you not imploded like that yesterday FG and BB wouldn't have insta-voted you this phase. Sure you may have wound up lynched yesterday, but that (along with Stone being modkilled over night) would have been preferable (and more beneficial to town) than what did happen. Remember you should be playing to your win condition, not to specifically stay alive until the endgame.

Also, Snake... no more L-1 modifiers in your games please. As shown here they can severely change the way the game gets played, and if you are going to use them, please announce so prior to it, because I really don't want to play in another game that has them, thus it's better if I (and others who don't like them) sit out, then potentially have people requesting replacement if you use it.

And swift, stop being fucking awesome :p

I'm worried for the game where Dan actually is scum. He's going to be able to play the scummiest of games and everyone's just going to go "oh, that Dan!" "He's so erratic" :) he'll be able to get away with murder.

Apparently he kind of flew under the radar in his actual scum game! He's going to be difficult to read from here on that's for sure. However, credit to him for being active and even though his actions kind of screwed the town over, he still went in head first and added a layer of difference to the game. If everyone played the same reserved, held back game style it wouldn't be quite as fun.

My actions did not screw the game I actually did something to help the town, We would have lynched swift it seems if i didn't hammer chris therefore we would have lost 3 town at once rather than 2 so don't hate the player.

• Paid Members

Actually, as I said above, lynching Chris was the worst possible option for town.

We weren't about to lose swift as his wagon dropped off suddenly when I pulled back from it. Which left it between you and FG, had either of you ben lynched, yes we'd have lost 3 town, but we'd have had 9 players left, rather than 10. Meaning one of our suspects would have been removed from the game AND a non-poster.

As it was we had an even number (meaning ideal play, again, should have been a no-lynch, but it wouldn't have got us far anyway) in MyLo, and it was an easy job for scum to get you lynched.

So yeah, that was the worst play you could have done.

I'd definitely be interested in the threads being opened (especially the Dead Men's Thread) and the night actions being confirmed.

The hider on day one hid behind Carbomb, and it seems that Ron was definitely PGO as the cop investigated him and the doctor tried to protect him. That's the main thing from the dead man's thread. Apart from a lot of speculation and conjecture and TripleA continuing to slag off Snake's modding of the game.

• Paid Members

Erm, we killed Randy night one. If he did hide behind Carbomb, we wasted a kill!

Chris and I had a theory that there could have been tag teams in the game (essentially lovers) and decided to oust the only female character as a precautionary measure.

I can post the link to the scum thread, but I don't know if everyone will be able to view it.

Archived