Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Mike, I should point out that I would have defended Corey as I did even if he were scum and I were Town.

And yes, you were our first role cop. Thankfully, I managed to talk the others out of roleblocking Ron (I was Nexus Roleblocker). Instead, I repeatedly roleblocked Dan, because I think he's a WWE Rolecop.

I should also point out that Lawz and Carbomb led a lot of our plans in the scum thread - they didn't lurk and were vital to the win. No doubt Chris was our MVP though.

C'mon Snake, what happened each night?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh I'm not saying Carbomb and Lawz outright lurked, but compared to others they were well below the radar. But lurking did hurt this game, we should have had the lurkers out a lot earlier than we did, as having Stone and wolfvinson left at the stage we did when we were due to lose them essentially in the endgame was bad for the game, if you follow me. We need to stamp that out sharpish.

And Chris, it wasn't so much that you agreed with me that led me to believe you were town (though it likely kept me from giving you the attention I should have. You're right in that at least), it was that I got a town vibe during our back and forth when I built that case on you, you responded like a townie would (so in essence, I suggest keeping that up for your scum stuff, it wasn't that I didn't catch it, it was just that you were good at appearing town while under fire). So I began believing you were town, which meant I was more inclined to believe you than swift when swift came in, despite the fact he called you pretty much right off the bat (even if his bristep case was terribly done, and wants us to believe he tried to get scum out of the woodwork on it :p).

And yeah, I want to know what happened each night dammit, and I want to see the threads opened.

I could accept the lurking thing if it was below my usual output, but if I'm town or if I'm Nexus thats usually the output you'll get from me in games and on this forum. Thoroughly pleased to have comeback after a nightmare in the cowboy thread and I'm thinking of not participating in anymore mafia games (youl'l see in the scum thread which I'm happy for you all to read) because i'll be consistantly bogged down with the lurking tag even though its my general post style on the whole forum.

• Paid Members

Again, I'm not outright saying you lurked, just that I think it comes across as it because you might post once in the space of 5 pages. Which also makes it hard to get a read on you (and you slip under the radar easier). I think it also leads to perhaps some of us (me, Ron, FG, TripleA (Who is the third highest poster in this thread STILL)) need to talk a little less because it means we're posting huge amounts and if I'm honest, some of it needlessly. A lot of the back and forth that happens can be done without (I'm pretty sure I said it mid-game, but there is zero point arguing with the person you have built a case on in regards to them being scum. Ask them questions and push them sure. But getting into a debate about whether they're scum or not leads nowhere... if they're scum, they wont admit it, and if they're not, they'll argue against it anyway. It's the rest of town you're appealing to.

Like I say too, the true lurkers in this game were Stone, Wolfvinson (both of whom evidently disappeared, so I hope things are okay with them), and Corey definitely, and my issue with the lurking is that we need to work out a way to stamp it out earlier than it currently is. As the games here are just an additional pasttime I think some just join and don't really try contributing a great deal, which effects the game for everyone else.

Which is why I hope we can come to some agreement as to how to stop some of the lurking without punishing the players who are still playing as well. As I don't want to go to the other extreme.

On average I think most should aim to post once per game day. Ignoring night phases this game lasted 42 days, Lawz you posted 29 times in the entire game (it says 30, one post now gets taken off, so 29 total), I'd say considering we had 4 nights, that's 8 days discounted there, throw in about a week at Christmas, that's 15 days total, so on average I'd say you just posted more than enough.

So I wouldn't say stop playing. Maybe try and probe people a bit more, rather than seemingly sit on the sidelines (as I think you get called a lurker more because people don't notice your posts in the games as much as people who stand out for being extremely pro-town or who just post loads... but as said above, those of us who have posted that much really need to slow down that somewhat too.)

And to those who need reminding. This is a game, don't take things that happen in it personally. Dan I'm looking at you (but I'm sure others may need a reminder for some instances), you seem to take it personally when someone accuses you of being scum. That's something that will happen in these games. You really need to remember that for the future games otherwise you'll wind up not enjoying the games, and instead finding it a personal affront, because when you're not scum you'll get pissy that someone thinks you are, and when you are scum, you'll be annoyed because in your mind you've not done anything that can be seen scummy. Remember that the best thing to do if you're caught out as scum is to refuse to accept it and argue against it still, and try and get someone else lynched by any means necessary, while if you're town, your best bet is to provide whatever information possible to help lead us in the right direction. If you're really good it might prevent your lynch, if not, well you may have given town a good direction to head (and I mean beyond "If I'm lynched, when I flip town you need to lynch X who was pushing for my lynch).

Also, something I noticed we didn't do in this game... if anyone's at L-1 (and definitely to be the lynch) we need a role claim from them first. It might provide information, and if say... day 3 someone claims cop, we can get the information from them before considering whether to lynch (and possibly confirm some townies before the lynch) or keep them alive as a claimed cop (and let the scum do the work for us).

• Paid Members
Oh I'm not saying Carbomb and Lawz outright lurked, but compared to others they were well below the radar. But lurking did hurt this game, we should have had the lurkers out a lot earlier than we did, as having Stone and wolfvinson left at the stage we did when we were due to lose them essentially in the endgame was bad for the game, if you follow me. We need to stamp that out sharpish.

Totally agree - it's a real shame (for you) that Stone, Wolf and Corey were all WWE. I certainly endorse a minimum posts per day.

As you'll see in the scum thread, all 5 of us were actively in the thread (4 when Nexus was lynched), posting updates and snippetts that all could use (incidentally, when you read the scum thread, you'll note that I posted regular player updates, complete with role claims, rolecop results and player status - I recommend all scum teams do this). Everyone being active was crucial to our win.

• Paid Members

Great win guys, I hope everyone liked the effort I put in with my Bah and revenge posts, trying to keep it very wwe. Though it was fairly clear to me that everyone was going off in the wrong direction I still didn't have your team picked out exactly just a rough feeling of where to go. I probable shouldn't have tried creating a case for scum to jump on or should have at least waited until I had something but I really wanted to look like I had some other info coming into the game after we just lost cop and doctor in one night as it would either flush scum onto the lynch or see some bussing going on if I hit right, but as went through I became so suspicious of Chris B, I actually decided to do his post list before Bristep as the case of Bristep was similar to the one I did on FG in Nexus game and to be fair I could have done that to numerous players in this game (including myself) as there is a lot of fluff posts made (whether it seems like it or not when posted) while I don't want to discourage posting, as we do enough trying to get it sometimes if you are posting 3 times in the space of an hour your post is just as likely to be a fluff post as it is to add something and people really need to think what that post is adding.

I do think a good discussion is needed as after FG game there really wasn't much before this game started as people wanted to get over the bad town lose there but it means there was very little learning taken from it but my main learning that need to be taken from both games is

Do not discuss the win conditions or town confirming posts until MUCH later on as it gives the scum the only bit of info they don't have as the informed minority and then the town, as the uniformed majority have nothing to use in the end game when your are more likely to be using that info in a damning light on scum rather than wasting it confirming a town who will be knocked off by the time it reaches crunch time.

Damn!

Can't believe we only eliminated one Nexus member.

Full credit to those guys though as I wasn't sure who was on what side for large parts of that game.

Shame that the non posters ruined another game, especially when you have people like myself, Triple A etc, who have been eliminated early and wished we still could have been taking part whilst others ruin the game by not contributing.

Dan, poor game fella!

Hopefully Snake will now open the dead mans topic as I was sent a link to his forum but couldn't see any topic.

I messaged him on this forum and he never replied.

I also mentioned how I couldn't log on to his forum from my phone so hopefully next time we can use that other thing we use as I never have any problem with that.

Beginning to think Snake has some kind of a problem with me because as well as not answering my message, I was missing from the dead lists towards the end of the game, which I find to be odd.

I feel a little upset that people used my personal situation as a reason to vote for me because it was a little unusual, but I won't lie about my personal life during a game, even if I am scum.

Once again, well done to the Nexus members, as you played a good game combined with towns crap game which make you the rightful winners.

I don't think I will be able to run a game anytime soon as I haven't had time over Xmas to even start preparing it so I will have to drop of the list for now.

Sorry!

• Paid Members
Shame that the non posters ruined another game, especially when you have people like myself, Triple A etc, who have been eliminated early and wished we still could have been taking part whilst others ruin the game by not contributing.

I did feel guilty when pushing the others to Night Kill Triple A, it is tremendously unfair to people like yourself, but scum are more intimidated/fearful of higher posters (if we didn't have the rolecop results, we'd probably have killed Mike early on).

I'm sorry if you thought I used your personal situation against you. I voted for you because I was going to roleclaim as an additional WWE Roleblocker, if pushed. I hope everything is better for you now man.

• Paid Members

SMS - where did you send the PM? I never got it?? But I have checked you should have access? I am heading out this morning, but when I get back I will do the roundup.

I pmed you on this forum as when I click on your name on your forum it didn't give me the option of messaging you there.

I didn't want to bring it up in the game topic so I just kept quiet about it till now.

I am fine now thanks Brownie and look forward to the next game where I can actually contribute a bit more and have no other distractions.

• Paid Members

Credit to the nexus. I think the town really helped them by lynching the wrong people (two L1s and Dan Williams) but I didn't think all 3 of the remaining members were who they were. I suspected Lawz might be, and Carbomb but certainly not as a unit. Oh well!

Archived