Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Oh my! What the hell is going on? Jack Swagger stands and smiles as the other Superstars gather around CM Punk and Swagger clothelines him over the top rope.. CM Punk has been eliminated! Whose next? Whose next!

The Nexus Music hits and Wade Barrett and the rest of nexus appear.

7860.jpg

'To the WWE we told you we were here to stay you now can't win! Guys get it over with...'

The Nexus storm the ring and start to clear the ring leaving only Ziggler, Kingston, MVP & Swagger standing tall in the centre of the ring!

Once the ring has been cleared The four new Nexus buddies hug in the middle of the ring and hi 5, finally the Big Show comes out to join his comrades as the crowd fills up the ring with cups and bottles the all laugh out loud heading up to the Gorilla position...

With Swagger walking up the ramp last he turns to the crowd salutes and laughs to himself as he heads back stage...

GAME OVER - Scum Team Win. Round up to follow.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

michael-cole.jpg

"King you can't believe it, I can't believe it. The Nexus have screwed over the WWE universe and stuck two fingers up at all our great fans, let's take you back to the replays now the Nexus have left the video truck....wait I'm hearing something.. yes we are going live to some footage from the back at the gorilla position."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxjHjItbeA

"I'm sorry we have to leave it there but we are out of time, we will see all you great fans here next week to see how the WWE superstars deal with the Nexus menace."

• Paid Members

Fucking brownie... What did I say something like day 2? I called both brownie and Chris B early on, then backed off on Chris when he argued his case well and it felt more like a townie arguing it, but brownie I continued pushing... but no bastard believed me, I was the only one pushing him... fucksake.

Carbomb and Lawz I think flew well and truly under the radar of most, purely because they barely posted compared to most for the whole game. Which is a shame, but still, a valid tactic so well played.

But Chris B was easily the star of the scum there. He turned me from being almost convinced he was scum, to believing he was town, and even getting me to almost (almost mind you) wind up lynching swift until I re-checked what I was doing, and realized that I really didn't have much on swift at all. Of course by that point is was too late.

A deserving scum victory. They saw the infighting amongst the rest of us and played it well.

Dan, you still should have argued your case more. Had you not imploded like that yesterday FG and BB wouldn't have insta-voted you this phase. Sure you may have wound up lynched yesterday, but that (along with Stone being modkilled over night) would have been preferable (and more beneficial to town) than what did happen. Remember you should be playing to your win condition, not to specifically stay alive until the endgame.

Also, Snake... no more L-1 modifiers in your games please. As shown here they can severely change the way the game gets played, and if you are going to use them, please announce so prior to it, because I really don't want to play in another game that has them, thus it's better if I (and others who don't like them) sit out, then potentially have people requesting replacement if you use it.

And swift, stop being fucking awesome :p

Fucking brownie... What did I say something like day 2? I called both brownie and Chris B early on, then backed off on Chris when he argued his case well and it felt more like a townie arguing it, but brownie I continued pushing... but no bastard believed me, I was the only one pushing him... fucksake.

Carbomb and Lawz I think flew well and truly under the radar of most, purely because they barely posted compared to most for the whole game. Which is a shame, but still, a valid tactic so well played.

But Chris B was easily the star of the scum there. He turned me from being almost convinced he was scum, to believing he was town, and even getting me to almost (almost mind you) wind up lynching swift until I re-checked what I was doing, and realized that I really didn't have much on swift at all. Of course by that point is was too late.

A deserving scum victory. They saw the infighting amongst the rest of us and played it well.

Dan, you still should have argued your case more. Had you not imploded like that yesterday FG and BB wouldn't have insta-voted you this phase. Sure you may have wound up lynched yesterday, but that (along with Stone being modkilled over night) would have been preferable (and more beneficial to town) than what did happen. Remember you should be playing to your win condition, not to specifically stay alive until the endgame.

Also, Snake... no more L-1 modifiers in your games please. As shown here they can severely change the way the game gets played, and if you are going to use them, please announce so prior to it, because I really don't want to play in another game that has them, thus it's better if I (and others who don't like them) sit out, then potentially have people requesting replacement if you use it.

Dan was an idiot, but realistically if you'd lynched him then there would have been 3 town lost last night phase and the ratio would have been 5-4 rather than 6-4. The scum were too well hidden to make any odds, we had already lost.

• Paid Members

Also, i'm happy to open up the scum thread, as long as my brethren are too.

I won't reveal too much, but there is some great work in there. Plus, there is me throwing an absolutey stupid wobbly after day 2.

• Paid Members

Dan was an idiot, but realistically if you'd lynched him then there would have been 3 town lost last night phase and the ratio would have been 5-4 rather than 6-4. The scum were too well hidden to make any odds, we had already lost.

Yeah, but 5/4 is a better ratio than 6/4

An odd amount of players always works better for town than an even amount.

Think about it, if Dan had been lynched when I pushed for it, Stone would have died overnight, along with swift. That would mean today would have been left to simply scum hunting, and the scum would have likely had to get involved.

Sure, based on this game me and Ron would have gone after Family Guy still, who would have gone for Ron, leaving scum to just go "haha, gotcha!" in essence still. But the numbers work out that an odd amount is better. In fact, what we "should" have done this phase is no lynched to take us down to an odd number, which would essentially remove one of the potential suspects and lower who we needed to focus our attention on considerably.

• Paid Members
I wasn't impressed that the deadline on the day I was lynched was pushed back either.

Yeah, I remember we spoke about that (just that, in case anyone's wondering. Both me and Nexus are pretty strict when it comes to the "no talking outside of the game" stuff, that and I'd not have played like a blind chimp if I'd had inside info). While I liked it as far as being a player goes and it helping our side... the fact is that Nexus should have lived and it gone as a no-lynch because it was after deadline. It wouldn't be much of an issue if the hammer was a minute or two after, as some people's clocks might be different, but this was ages after, and again changed how the game went.

Notes for the future (for Snake, and other mods to take into account) I would say are:

Don't use L-1 as a punishment. It actually risks screwing the game over for everyone else.

Pick a ruling and stick with it. At the start when people flaked we got replacements, later on they were put to L-1 and then it was going to be mod-kills. This means things haven't been decided on before the game, and will run the risk of creating confusion later on.

Don't accidentally confirm someone. As I said earlier in the game. Having TripleA beat down by Nexus announced publicly that TripleA was not part of Nexus (say it was just flavour to show TripleA was put at L-1 all you want, but if it were a scum player it would have been some other flavour written, otherwise it wouldn't have fitted). The best thing to have done was to ignore it outright. It's along the lines of wanting to specify what went on during the flavour text, so having the character of the Tracker "following X as they move" in the flavour.

Make deadlines and stick to them. The only time I've ever been in a game where I've agreed with a deadline extension was when we had a few replacements at once and it was a small game, and we'd had next to no discussion as we spent almost the entire day phase waiting on the replacements. Thus we were granted an extended deadline to allow the replacements to catch up and actually have some kind of day phase.

Pay close attention to what certain roles might mean. In this case an Unlimited PGO and Bomb in the same game. As I've said in the game, had it come down to 2 scum and me and Ron, strictly speaking that's a town win. Which wouldn't be fair to scum (as they wouldn't have known we were both here), but by the same token, scum winning would be unfair to town (as scum should only instantly win when it's a forgone conclusion, which it wouldn't be in that situation).

In fact, an unlimited PGO is likely a bad idea regardless. Let's say Ron nailed two scum running, for the rest of the game he would be deemed town, and so unlynchable, and scum couldn't kill him (but would, of course, try, possibly try twice, which would lead to a guarenteed town loss).

btw... who did Nexus investigate night 1? Was it me as I though?

• Paid Members

I'm fine with the thread being opened up, as staggeringly ungallant as we were at times.

I'll also say that Carbomb and Lawz played damn well - they did a lot more than just hide or coast. And Nexus, welcome back to the winning team, buddy. Sorry we bussed you quite so enthusiastically.

Man, Swiftstrike...bad loser.

• Paid Members

Yes, it was. We were very, very lucky, because Ron was very nearly a target for something each night. By rights, we should have lost members there.

I'll also say that you and Ron fucked up, separately, in ways that worked very badly for town. He should have roleclaimed early, and you wouldn't have lost your cop and doctor - however, you fucked up by claiming and forcing the position with him, because it freed us up while keeping you both as strong suspects. On top of THAT, you forcing his claim meant that we didn't lose anyone on him.

Swift - you had me shitting myself when you brought up your reading list of my posts, but you missed the main thing you should have picked up on, which was the way I kept making out I was soo-ooo suspicious of Nexus while subtly defending him. As a result, your case on me didn't have anything solid, so I was able to weather it.

• Paid Members

Yes, it was. We were very, very lucky, because Ron was very nearly a target for something each night. By rights, we should have lost members there.

I'll also say that you and Ron fucked up, separately, in ways that worked very badly for town. He should have roleclaimed early, and you wouldn't have lost your cop and doctor - however, you fucked up by claiming and forcing the position with him, because it freed us up while keeping you both as strong suspects. On top of THAT, you forcing his claim meant that we didn't lose anyone on him.

I figured it most likely would be me or someone like Lion investigated with the role cop. I began thinking I must have been investigated (Or been really, really bad in my cases) to have not been NK'd, it's why I put so much effort into pushing everyone like I did early on. I wanted to scare scum into night killing me, and hopefully doing so with one of their more hidden members (to try and avoid being tracked if there were one of those roles around). Would have been nice to take out one of the scum with me. Of course when I claimed that went up in smoke, as did the possibility of getting scum to hammer me home (I had planned that if I was going to be lynched, to taunt whoever I believed to be scum into removing their vote from me, to be the hammer blow, so I could "taunt them afterwards" or something, with the idea being they could then hammer me on the assumption of being able to say "hah! I was scum all along". Of course that idea died out when I claimed, and no way would scum hammer. Though I did try scare tactics in hoping that scum would follow through on a probable hammer.

Ron definitely should have claimed early. I'd say for future reference anyone who is a PGO should claim early. The potential risk of being lynched far far outweighs the risk of you getting a cop or doc on you.

This counts for if you're one of the better players on the site, or one of the worst (I tend to fly between both poles depending on things it would appear, at times I was bang on the money with nailing brownie and Chris... but then I completely fucked it up by pushing the wrong people at the wrong times, and claiming badly). If you're a bad player you might get vigs trying to kill you, or cops trying to check if you are town or not. In both cases that's bad for town. If you're a good player you might get a cop again checking if you're town, or a doc trying to save you, or any number of things.

What turned out bad is that I should have stepped back and realized that 1 death, then 3 deaths suddenly, doesn't automatically mean there's a SK. My flaw was I caught Ron saying vigilant so damned often in such a short space of time (and he shut up when I told him to) that it felt like deliberate bread crumbing, when I then called him on being an SK he claimed then... which was the wrong time to claim (but fair play, I forced him to do so), which was followed up by my claim, and we had the town not trusting either of us. On top of that, it was around the same time I began trusting you Chris, so me saying you were likely town, you obviously saw a beauty of a chance to hopefully get one of us lynched (especially with the possibility of Ron being the hammer on me, I bet you guys were ecstatic with that one).

All in all, barring a few moments when some of us hit right, the town in general played like crap that game unfortunately. Whether it was me and Ron cocking up the timing of our claims (meaning we lost a cop and doc in one hit), or whether it was Dan's implosion, or various people disappearing entirely. Or just some of us tunnelling extremely poorly (me on Corey, or Ron on FG (and vice versa)).

Though I do think it's about time we started doing more about the lurking... I'm thinking something like a minimum of one post every 48 hours, with another minimum of 7 posts per week. (On average). Unless others have some better suggestions we can use that is.

• Paid Members

I figured it most likely would be me or someone like Lion investigated with the role cop. I began thinking I must have been investigated (Or been really, really bad in my cases) to have not been NK'd, it's why I put so much effort into pushing everyone like I did early on. I wanted to scare scum into night killing me, and hopefully doing so with one of their more hidden members (to try and avoid being tracked if there were one of those roles around). Would have been nice to take out one of the scum with me. Of course when I claimed that went up in smoke, as did the possibility of getting scum to hammer me home (I had planned that if I was going to be lynched, to taunt whoever I believed to be scum into removing their vote from me, to be the hammer blow, so I could "taunt them afterwards" or something, with the idea being they could then hammer me on the assumption of being able to say "hah! I was scum all along". Of course that idea died out when I claimed, and no way would scum hammer. Though I did try scare tactics in hoping that scum would follow through on a probable hammer.

Truthfully? We thought we could get you lynched. It's why we weren't targeting you for a night kill. No point wasting it on someone who we could probably convince town to kill.

What turned out bad is that I should have stepped back and realized that 1 death, then 3 deaths suddenly, doesn't automatically mean there's a SK. My flaw was I caught Ron saying vigilant so damned often in such a short space of time (and he shut up when I told him to) that it felt like deliberate bread crumbing, when I then called him on being an SK he claimed then... which was the wrong time to claim (but fair play, I forced him to do so), which was followed up by my claim, and we had the town not trusting either of us. On top of that, it was around the same time I began trusting you Chris, so me saying you were likely town, you obviously saw a beauty of a chance to hopefully get one of us lynched (especially with the possibility of Ron being the hammer on me, I bet you guys were ecstatic with that one).

Of course we were ecstatic. Lawz was the person who suggested it. Look back in the thread.

All in all, barring a few moments when some of us hit right, the town in general played like crap that game unfortunately. Whether it was me and Ron cocking up the timing of our claims (meaning we lost a cop and doc in one hit), or whether it was Dan's implosion, or various people disappearing entirely. Or just some of us tunnelling extremely poorly (me on Corey, or Ron on FG (and vice versa)).

Though I do think it's about time we started doing more about the lurking... I'm thinking something like a minimum of one post every 48 hours, with another minimum of 7 posts per week. (On average). Unless others have some better suggestions we can use that is.

As I said, none of us were lurking. The closest you have is Lawz, who posted at least every 48 hours, and more. Carbomb's posts work out at way over one a day.

Town didn't play well, but they were doing a lot of the right things. We did a lot of work to keep you looking in the wrong directions, though.

One thing in specific that you need to keep an eye on, though, Mike? You tend to start believing people are town if they agree with you. I took advantage of that a couple of times, and it's why you trusted me quite a lot. If I'd said that I thought YOU were lying, you'd have assumed I was scum. However, by saying I didn't know which of you or Ron was lying, you saw me as more trustful.

Archived