Really Cheap...but awesome

DoctorWho

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Netflix is only $8 a month for one disk, and free streamed movies to the xBox, Wii and PC, so I'm now fully mobile with the movies. Till I get a job, I'm going to my wife's college during the day to job search, and I can kill time with the streamed movies on the PC, and use either of our consoles or an HDMI cable from the PC to watch films.

Netflix is only $8 a month for one disk, and free streamed movies to the xBox, Wii and PC, so I'm now fully mobile with the movies. Till I get a job, I'm going to my wife's college during the day to job search, and I can kill time with the streamed movies on the PC, and use either of our consoles or an HDMI cable from the PC to watch films.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about proper streaming film subscriptions on the UK consoles? I know they offer a few titles, but I mean something more Netflix-scaled. I thought I heard something ages ago about Lovefilm joining up with either Xbox or PS3.

I know for ps3 blinkbox works well for streaming sometimes they do good new customers offets. A while back they allowed you to spend 20

Pound to spend just for sogning up.

• Paid Members
This sounds like an awesome idea. But is there any point in getting an HDMI cable unless you have HD quality media on the PC?

Wouldn't it be worth it just so that you can watch something you've downloaded on your TV, instead of having to make do with a computer or go to the trouble of converting it and burning it to a DVD?

That's why I'd be tempted to get one anyway. I download RAW, have to convert it to a DVD file, then burn it, only for the thing to sometimes jump about. If I connected it to the TV, it'd save me a lot of hassle, even if it's still not HD. Just a shame that the HDTV is mounted in the gym rather than the living room :(

Archived