DoctorWho

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just a shame that the HDTV is mounted in the gym rather than the living room :(

Where you never see it?

HIYOOOOOOOOO!!!

Heh. Unfortunately, you're quite correct.

So your joke is not really a joke anymore ;)

Damn. Your laziness cost me a punchline.

BLAST YOU!

Most HDTV's come with a monitor socket anyway. I've had my PC hooked upto my TV for the last 2 years this way. Also, if you have an Xbox, you can get that to play things off your PC and through your TV. That's how I watch the HD films I've downloaded (in WMV format).

HD films in WMV format? Where do you get these? I only ever see HD-quality stuff in these useless x264 things that the PS3 and Xbox don't recognise.

• Paid Members

It's fairly easy to get HD content to play on the PS3 (and XBOX I'd suggest) - they're usually x264 MKV files that your console won't recognise. But put them into TSMUXER and out pops a .M2TS file in minutes that can be played on your console. I have a web folder on my mac and PC that I can put HD files into and download to the PS3 via http and run them from there. Piece of piss once it's setup and my wife can even work it.

HDMI cables are all the same quality, so the gold plated ones make no difference at all. So this one at

It's fairly easy to get HD content to play on the PS3 (and XBOX I'd suggest) - they're usually x264 MKV files that your console won't recognise. But put them into TSMUXER and out pops a .M2TS file in minutes that can be played on your console. I have a web folder on my mac and PC that I can put HD files into and download to the PS3 via http and run them from there. Piece of piss once it's setup and my wife can even work it.

HDMI cables are all the same quality, so the gold plated ones make no difference at all. So this one at

Most HDTV's come with a monitor socket anyway. I've had my PC hooked upto my TV for the last 2 years this way. Also, if you have an Xbox, you can get that to play things off your PC and through your TV. That's how I watch the HD films I've downloaded (in WMV format).

HD films in WMV format? Where do you get these? I only ever see HD-quality stuff in these useless x264 things that the PS3 and Xbox don't recognise.

I use newsgroups (nzb's) to download all my stuff. nzbmatrix.com is where I go for my WMV-HD's.

That method from SiMania looks like it could be very beneficial to me too. Most HD rips I see are in MKV format and my PC just isn't good enough to play them through VLC player (it stutters). I'll have to give that a go later.

I have to say that alot of Blu-Ray rips into AVI format look pretty good these days too (if the file size is 1.5GB or more anyway). And certainly saves a lot of hard drive space. Most WMV-HD's are around 9GB so I only download films that a worth watching in HD. Mainly action films.

Archived