Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wrestlemania 28, clash of the champions and ecw unreleased vol 1 all removed from silvervision

they will probably come back just thought it should be posted

Just read this myself. Anyone know why?

They'll come back I'm sure, there's no way Silvervision won't put out WM.

Definately interested in that 'Best of the Arena' set.

wrestlemania 28, clash of the champions and ecw unreleased vol 1 all removed from silvervision

they will probably come back just thought it should be posted

Just read this myself. Anyone know why?

They'll come back I'm sure, there's no way Silvervision won't put out WM.

Definately interested in that 'Best of the Arena' set.

silvervision haven't released details of why yet but they have said its only temporary

• 1 month later...

wwefallsdvd1.jpg

Disc 1

The Names May Vary

Alley Fight

Pat Patterson vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Madison Square Garden 1981

Atlanta Street Fight

Jimmy Valiant & Ms. Atlanta Lively vs. Midnight Express

Starrcade 1985

Street Fight for the NWA Tag Team Championship

Doom vs. Barry Windham & Arn Anderson

Starrcade 1990

A Fresh Face

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Sting vs. Cactus Jack

Beach Blast 1992

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Randy

Wrestlemania is now back up on Silver Vision to pre-order, no word et on the WCW or ECW sets, but you can get them off the usual torrent sites now.

Also saw this over on WWE DVD News

Yesterday it was reported by Mike Johnson at PWInsider that WWE had finally acquired one of the last wrestling tape libraries in existence with the purchase of the Watts Mid South Wrestling/UWF footage.

The library includes: Mid South Wrestling Television, House Shows, Power Pro-Wrestling and the UWF, which was owned by Bill Watts

Wrestlemania is now back up on Silver Vision to pre-order, no word et on the WCW or ECW sets, but you can get them off the usual torrent sites now.

Yesterday it was reported by Mike Johnson at PWInsider that WWE had finally acquired one of the last wrestling tape libraries in existence with the purchase of the Watts Mid South Wrestling/UWF footage.

The library includes: Mid South Wrestling Television, House Shows, Power Pro-Wrestling and the UWF, which was owned by Bill Watts

• Paid Members

The main territories left are Portland and Memphis. There's not much of the former, while the latter is a complete mess ownership wise. Most other stuff WWE either owns or has worked out licensing deals for in the past.

The main territories left are Portland and Memphis. There's not much of the former, while the latter is a complete mess ownership wise. Most other stuff WWE either owns or has worked out licensing deals for in the past.

Memphis (well, USWA in particular) is beyond a mess. Will probably remain dead forever to float around on eBay. Portland is another duff due to the fact Owens JR wants nothing to do with wrestling, and is rumoured the tapes are either gone or perished. What's left is not good quality either (if you check out the Roddy DVD there is Portland footage on that).

Other than those, the biggest has to be WOS here in England. I'll also throw in Herb's UWF (you know, the real UWF) as they had Williams, Andre, Captain Lou, Foley and Davey Meltzer!!.

On a similar subject, how does Rob Feinstein still sell ECW releases? As the story goes, Heyman said he could distribute the tapes (another popular rumour states the contract was written on a napkin) but surely WWE would have clamped down on this by now? I'm not on about the FanCam stuff, I'm talking about commercial releases. ECW has been gone for over ten years. Surely nobody would buy the "selling existing stock" line still if it were in fact used, and surely the physical media would have signs of dates and manufacturing creations.

Feinstein also states he can do what he wants with ECW footage, so why wasn't it used in that terrible ECW docco JB put together instead of awful PWI photos? Or anywhere else for that matter, such as TNA running their awful ECW show.

Seen as I now have both the WCW & ECW sets through torrents, its sods law that they have re-added them to SV as I would have happily paid for them before the whole scenario of being removed from pre-order. I may pick them up on blu-ray if they ever go on a Wild Wednesday Promotion

Archived