Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Daredevil was indeed a game changer, but Agents of Shield is really good, at least in my eyes. Gotham though, I felt at least, was more about name dropping that it was anything else. 

As an example, it was giving it the whole:

"whats you name?"
" JAMES GORDAN ;) You know....from BATMAN ;) ;) "

Which I just could NOT stand at all. I think I turned off during the first episode after the line "He's going down 4th and Grundy" or something. All he needed to do was look into the camera and wink to top it off. Its almost a parody show, its so terrible. 

I've been smashing through Arrow and I'm almost at the end of Season 2.  It's pretty good, not the best show by any means, but I am enjoying it.  More so in Season 2 than 1.  Daredevil was awesome though. Really can't wait for season 2.  Gotham isn't a good series, but has a few good episodes.  

• Paid Members

To be fair, agents of shield was extremely biege at best until winter soldier came about. Gotham does, mostly, get over the self referential "stop with all the riddles Edward nygma. You're such a riddle telling person!" After a few episodes and gets a bit more interesting. Plus, they have all sorts of plot twists ready to go when they just decide to totally change the canon, which keeps things interesting

I think Gotham has some good ideas, (younger penguin working as a lower guy, Edward Nigma working for the police), but half of was given away just to soon. And I'm not sure if its been 100% named yet, but they are teasing the Joker...How does that even work? It'd be so beyond random to have a 20-something joker, and a 12 year old non-batman Bruce Wayne.

• Paid Members

I don't think I'll ever warm to Gotham even though I'm a bigger fan of Batman than anything else. At least with Arrow or the Flash you're watching a show about the real character, what's the point of Gotham? Is it anything more than an excuse to cash in on Batman with a pretty standard cop show?

Season 3 of Arrow was mostly terrible, it had its share of decent stuff but they went in some bogus directions, I really hate Laurel too. I loved the crossover with the Flash, that was one of the highlights.

I think it's great that DC are keeping their TV and movie universes separate, The Flash looks fine on TV but he'd look tragic standing between Batfleck and The Man from u.n.c.l.e. of steel. Arrow might look all right in a movie if they gave him an expensive new outfit though.

I do like the Flash series and I think Cisco coming up with "comic book" names for all the bad guys and stuff is such a cool device, it's a great way to use them because everyone knows how sheepish they are about using that stuff in films and TV (Superman only gets called Superman once in Man of Steel as a joke).

Harrison Wells is one of my favourite characters on TV too, such a mysterious bastard.

Edit

I will say Gotham doing Court of Owls is a good story for them as it was going on for ages before Batman started, it still seems pointless if you don't get to see Batman defeat them which you never will.

Edited by Call me Bellend

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

In answer to everyone's questions about when we'll see the Hulk again, they've just announced Thor 3 will be Marvel's darkest movie yet and will heavily feature the Hulk.

Hulk and Thor go on a "cosmic road trip" with a bunch of valkyries, it sounds fantastic. I love the Hulk and having him get involved in some alien fantasy shit is a great way to use him in a fresh way.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/39456/-thor-ragnarok-to-be-marvel-s-darkest-yet

In answer to everyone's questions about when we'll see the Hulk again, they've just announced Thor 3 will be Marvel's darkest movie yet and will heavily feature the Hulk.

Hulk and Thor go on a "cosmic road trip" with a bunch of valkyries, it sounds fantastic. I love the Hulk and having him get involved in some alien fantasy shit is a great way to use him in a fresh way.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/39456/-thor-ragnarok-to-be-marvel-s-darkest-yet

Of course now you have the Hulk in space, people are theorising that this could lead to World War Hulk in the MCU.

• Paid Members

They're just as likely to not be doing planet hulk because of this anyway, they can't do a solo hulk film and how many intergalactic hulk adventures are they realistically going to do?

I hope he doesn't spend 90% of the film as mark ruffalo, it would be fun to see more of the hulk, they've done him well so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...