Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

His past is in the past. i don't condone anything he's done before and to be honest I wasn't overly pleased when he signed. But his performances since and his attitude towards the abuse he has been receiving both on the park and off it has been exemplary.

I guess it's just a sign of the troubled times that Rangers have come upon. As certain members of the media have said, Smith wouldn't have touched a player like Diouf five or six years ago.

Apart from that, how many games has he played? There's plenty of time for him to act up.

Gazza says hi. Nobody wanted him when Lazio wanted rid.

He's played 3 games, each game he's been wound up by players looking for him to react. Which you can't really blame them for but he's reacted well to it. He's been spat on, refused lifts in Taxis and been abused in the street on nights out in Glasgow. But I suppose that's alright because he's got history.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how does Gazza's record compare to the shit that Diouf has been guilty of?

He's been spat on, refused lifts in Taxis and been abused in the street on nights out in Glasgow. But I suppose that's alright because he's got history.

Can you substantiate any of that? Or is it just the kind of nonsense I can find if I head over to Follow Follow?

And how does Gazza's record compare to the shit that Diouf has been guilty of?

Gazza's behaviour was brought up in the italian parliment. They wanted him out of the country.

Can you substantiate any of that? Or is it just the kind of nonsense I can find if I head over to Follow Follow?

It's been reported by many "Rangers minded" journalists like David Edgar. Kyle Lafferty made a comment about it on his twitter aswell.

Gazza's behaviour was brought up in the italian parliment. They wanted him out of the country.

What did he actually do in Italy that comes close to spitting on fans (including an 11 year old boy) and opposing players, making racist comments to a youth and taunting a player who had just broken his leg?

It's been reported by many "Rangers minded" journalists like David Edgar. Kyle Lafferty made a comment about it on his twitter aswell.

Kyle Lafferty's Twitter isn't a credible source. Provide me with a journalistic piece by this David Edgar fellow that reports what you claimed.

In other news, who thought we would be seeing this sight?;

9N3jp.jpg

1 start, 1 goal for the fox in the box!

Kyle Lafferty's Twitter isn't a credible source. Provide me with a journalistic piece by this David Edgar fellow that reports what you claimed.

What? It's pretty much the most credible source possible! Kyle Lafferty works and trains with the guy. If your mate said to you "A guy in work got spat on" would you say to him he wasn't a credible source to tell you such news?

And if you want to listen to Edgar's rangers podcast "heart and Hand" it's discussed on there.

• Paid Members
If Brown was to play 4-3-3 I'd rather he had played this tonight

Langfield

McNamee  Diamond  Vujadinovic  Smith

(Jordan) Brown  Hartley  Jack

Maguire										 Aluko
				Vernon

You'd throw Jordan Brown into a struggling team? That worked really well for Clark Robertson did it? Guys like him should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Getting Zander out of there would be a far better start. The closest he should be to a football pitch is sitting in the stand at Celtic Park watching his beloved Hoops (and hopefully that's where he'll be come next season).

As for tonight Hartley was deservedly sent off although how Lasleys initial assault isn't also a red card I don't know. McCall knew it and hooked Lasley minutes later too.

Tom Hateley (the clue to him being a dirty cunt is in his surname) should have been sent off for his two off the ball kicks at Maguire which the Ref saw but decided being kicked is a bookable offence.

Dont get me wrong we were fucking awful tonight and over the 90 minutes were 2nd best in almost everything.

• Paid Members
His past is in the past. i don't condone anything he's done before and to be honest I wasn't overly pleased when he signed. But his performances since and his attitude towards the abuse he has been receiving both on the park and off it has been exemplary.

I guess it's just a sign of the troubled times that Rangers have come upon. As certain members of the media have said, Smith wouldn't have touched a player like Diouf five or six years ago.

Apart from that, how many games has he played? There's plenty of time for him to act up.

He's played 3 games, each game he's been wound up by players looking for him to react. Which you can't really blame them for but he's reacted well to it. He's been spat on, refused lifts in Taxis and been abused in the street on nights out in Glasgow. But I suppose that's alright because he's got history.

Gazza mentions several other clubs wanting him when he left Lazio in his book, he was one of the top english footballers at the time.

As for tonight Hartley was deservedly sent off although how Lasleys initial assault isn't also a red card I don't know. McCall knew it and hooked Lasley minutes later too.

Tom Hateley (the clue to him being a dirty cunt is in his surname) should have been sent off for his two off the ball kicks at Maguire which the Ref saw but decided being kicked is a bookable offence.

A conspiracy, perhaps? :smug:

• Paid Members

A conspiracy, perhaps? :smug:

Nope. Just a lack of consistency.

CELTIC are set to go to war with the SFA over Neil Lennon's touchline ban - and George Peat is firmly in their sights.

Peat's actions during and after the SFA hearing to appeal Lennon's initial three-match ban will be the basis of a new appeal.

Record Sport can reveal SFA president Peat was involved in the appeal hearing but LEFT the proceedings for an hour to make the Scottish Cup draw before returning to take part in the decision-making process despite missing sections of evidence.

After his appeal failed the SFA doubled Lennon's ban to six games and Celtic were furious when Peat then described the club as "tiresome".

In addition, Celtic have lodged complaints linked to their claim Lennon did not get a fair hearing .

Lennon's solicitor was not allowed to cross examine a match ref and a fourth official outwith each other's hearing, meaning the officials were aware of each other's responses.

The lawyer was also denied access to the SFA's papers showing precedents for appeals like Lennon's against "excessive misconduct".

Celts were also denied written reasons for the appeal being rejected.

It is understood the SFA has since offered Lennon a rehearing on the grounds that the circumstances of the initial appeal were "exceptional".

Pressure However Lennon's new legal team, headed by prominent criminal defence QC Paul McBride, binned the offer.

Instead, they will go straight to the next appeal stage which will be heard by senior judge Lord Carloway next month.

That was scheduled for March 2 but has been put back 24 hours due to the Old Firm's Scottish Cup replay that night.

With pressure now mounting on the SFA they have hired a s4000-a-day QC to represent them.

He is Ronnie Clancy, an administrative lawyer who was in charge of the Crown case against the Lockerbie bomber's second appeal until it was dropped.

A source close to Celtic said: "By offering a rehearing the SFA seem to accept the initial appeal was unfair. To describe it as a kangaroo court would be unkind to the kangaroos of Australia."

Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean we're wrong.

• Paid Members
I said to Martyn that Aberdeen would eventually have to face the problems they have, and start seriously investing in youth as a way to finance the future of your club.

We did that through necessity when we were put into administration, but it's worked out for us in the end.

Aberdeen identified this need years ago. We have been doing this for the last 7 years or so, ever since Miller came back to the club in the Director Of Football role. It's only now we are seeing the players come through. Jack, Fyvie, Grimmer, Pawlett, Robertson and the vastly overrated Chris Maguire.

• Paid Members
If Brown was to play 4-3-3 I'd rather he had played this tonight

Langfield

McNamee  Diamond  Vujadinovic  Smith

(Jordan) Brown  Hartley  Jack

Maguire										 Aluko
				Vernon

You'd throw Jordan Brown into a struggling team? That worked really well for Clark Robertson did it? Guys like him should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Getting Zander out of there would be a far better start. The closest he should be to a football pitch is sitting in the stand at Celtic Park watching his beloved Hoops (and hopefully that's where he'll be come next season).

Dont get me wrong we were fucking awful tonight and over the 90 minutes were 2nd best in almost everything.

I'd much rather give Brown a go in midfield instead of playing with Aluko there. Why oh why were we playing Aluko in the centre of midfield?

Then when Hartley got sent off we put Vernon in there. Shocking. Had no idea how injury ravaged we actually were. We had to play a winger and a striker in central midfield.

The reason Jack had a terrible game last night is because after Hartley went off he had to run midfield himself, Jack is not experienced enough to be doing that.

Also, I don't think we are struggling half as bad at the moment as we were under Mcghee.

• Paid Members
I said to Martyn that Aberdeen would eventually have to face the problems they have, and start seriously investing in youth as a way to finance the future of your club.

We did that through necessity when we were put into administration, but it's worked out for us in the end.

Aberdeen identified this need years ago. We have been doing this for the last 7 years or so, ever since Miller came back to the club in the Director Of Football role. It's only now we are seeing the players come through. Jack, Fyvie, Grimmer, Pawlett, Robertson and the vastly overrated Chris Maguire.

Don't forget my new best friend Nicky Low! :D

Did you see me in the programme?

Archived