THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

I have a question. What is the role of a "forum moderator" on the UKFF?

Why are you asking that? You know what they do. They keep tabs on the discussion within the various threads on the forum :confused:

Is that the limit of their remit? Moderating excess? Doesn't seem to be the case from my experience.

What are you on about?

David missed the Mod challenge then.

The thread with the videos? Yeah, I saw that :laugh:

Don't want to be all sour-grapesy about a joke (whether you think a joke at the expense of a mentally ill/learning disabilities guy is funny/appropriate or not) but if the moderators are doing the exact opposite of their stated reason for existence, I'm just wondering if that's the way things are going to go from now on.

• Paid Members
Don't want to be all sour-grapesy about a joke (whether you think a joke at the expense of a mentally ill/learning disabilities guy is funny/appropriate or not) but if the moderators are doing the exact opposite of their stated reason for existence, I'm just wondering if that's the way things are going to go from now on.

baby-crying.jpeg

• Moderators

Eh? Mod Challenge was just something me and neil pinched from SomethingAwful, and how they respond to fuck-awful threads that won't go anywhere, and it's happened a few times on here. There's no way Hulky was even going to bother reading all that text, let alone responding, so he was just going to get banned for the 1,000th time anyway. I take issue with the idea it was some malicious attempt at bullying. It was just throwaway shit that seemed more interesting than yet another instant ban/delete-hulky-thread, and (depending on your humour I suppose) we got a few funny videos out of it. Videos completely unrelated to Hulky himself, I might add.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Liverpool fan in "Going out of his way to be offended" shocker. :rolleyes:

Were they making fun of someone with learning disabilities then? I must have missed that. If anything, they were making fun of themselves, no?

• Paid Members
Eh? Mod Challenge was just something me and neil pinched from SomethingAwful, and how they respond to fuck-awful threads that won't go anywhere, and it's happened a few times on here. There's no way Hulky was even going to bother reading all that text, let alone responding, so he was just going to get banned for the 1,000th time anyway. I take issue with the idea it was some malicious attempt at bullying. It was just throwaway shit that seemed more interesting than yet another instant ban/delete-hulky-thread, and (depending on your humour I suppose) we got a few funny videos out of it. Videos completely unrelated to Hulky himself, I might add.

Just pop a Liverpool shirt on and he'll turn a bind eye to it

Edited by tom

Were they making fun of someone with learning disabilities then? I must have missed that. If anything, they were making fun of themselves, no?

The usual at the expense of Hulkamania Fan. I asked the question to see whether it's the mod's job on here to lessen that stuff rather than to lead the goading themselves. No is the answer.

Liverpool fan in "Going out of his way to be offended" shocker.

Thinking something is a bit stupid and shit is not the same as being offended. I'm never offended and don't think it's a trait particularly common to Liverpool fans. I think you have your stereotypes confused.

Just pop a Liverpool shirt on and he'll turn a bind eye to it

The parallels are quite striking. ;)

• Paid Members
The usual at the expense of Hulkamania Fan. I asked the question to see whether it's the mod's job on here to lessen that stuff rather than to lead the goading themselves. No is the answer.

Except it wasn't though once it all became about people posting their glorious and/or hilarious raps. Besides, if you knew the answer to your question then why did you even ask it, unless you wanted to make a point. I do think people really need to lighten up on here because it's simply no sort of reflection on real life whatsoever. Unless someone is bombarding someone with PM's or e-mailing them pictures of turds and/or photoshopped pics of their mum, then I'd be hard pressed to say that it's bullying

Besides, if you knew the answer to your question then why did you even ask it, unless you wanted to make a point.

I didn't know the answer until Sickboy answered.

I didn't mention bullying. Just an aside that jokes at the expense of vulnerable posters, is normally the sort of thing that "moderators" by definition, tend to try and tone down (preferably in as gentle and non-humourless a way as possible) rather than start. Just nice to know if a forum you frequent has a different definition to "moderation" than the norm.

• Paid Members

Horses for courses but I view it as more of a case of providing the other posters with something that was a bit of fun, and actually took the focus and attention away from another dull Hulky-baiting thread

Besides, if you knew the answer to your question then why did you even ask it, unless you wanted to make a point.

I didn't know the answer until Sickboy answered.

I didn't mention bullying. Just an aside that jokes at the expense of vulnerable posters, is normally the sort of thing that "moderators" by definition, tend to try and tone down (preferably in as gentle and non-humourless a way as possible) rather than start. Just nice to know if a forum you frequent has a different definition to "moderation" than the norm.

I'm not sure this conversation would be happening had someone else been chosen as a recipient of the suspension. Just sounds like sour grapes to me.