Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I wouldn't blame people to skip this with the ridiculous amount of MMA/Boxing on this weekend, but World Series of Fighting 7 is on tomorrow night....

1jbq.jpg

Main Card (on NBC Sports Network)

Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Lance Palmer (WSOF Featherweight Title Fight)

Elvis Mutapcic vs. Jesse Taylor

Sabah Fadai vs. Nick Newell

Dwayne Lewis vs. Kalib Starnes

Preliminary Card (on MMAWeekly.com)

Michael Hill vs. Richard Arsenault

Matt Baker vs. David Perron

Shawn Albrecht vs. Gabriel Solorio

Dan Ring vs. Myles Merola

Micah Brakefield vs. Brendan Kornberger

Well the WSOF had these grand plans to build the promotion before putting belts on people but it seems they are just desperate to get them on guys now, Karakhanyan earned his spot but Lance Palmer gets a crack in his first fight for the promotion (granted he's a replacement), it's a bit shit. Hopefully the fight will live up to it's billing though.

There's a strong rumor that Nick Newell will earn a 155lb title shot if he wins Saturday, that would be some story.

oh...and KALIB FUCKING STARNES is on the card!

• Paid Members

well the highlight of WSOF 7 was undoubtably Nick Newell, once again he just walked through his opponent. 91 seconds is all it took, the guy's chokes are deadly. There's talk now that Newell will get a World Title crack after a champion is crowned at WSOF 8...Newell's heald a belt before but a WSOF title would be a step above that, would be some story!

Other lil notes...

* Khalib Starnes by KO muthafucker! The fight was at 205lb and i dunno if Starnes has fought with a chip on his shoulder since the Quarry fight but he was very aggressive and called Lewis on several times...good lil fight with a Tank Abbott/Steve Nelmark-esque finish.

* Karakanyan won the 145lb strap in a good fight with Lance Palmer, WSOF are probably happy to have the belt on Karakanyan, one of the most underrated 145lb'ers in the sport and very exciting to watch, some good shit coming...

* Jesse Taylor completely shut down Elvis then stated in his post fight interview that he plans on staying boring going forward...bet NBC were ecstatic at that :confused:

• Paid Members

Well Semtex just rolled out one of the KOs of the year at BAMMA 14, that was brutal.

The BAMMA 14 broadcast was really good, Wallhead gets a KO slam and Freakshow/Tarzan have a bit of a 1 round classic, fun little broadcast.

Oh, and best of all, Ken Shamrock wasnt in the booth, thank fuck for that!!

• Paid Members

Watched BAMMA this morning.

1.gif

That might just be my knockout of the year.

I was worried Da Silva was badly hurt after that. The way he went down, then didn't move for ages. Then they went to break and the break seemed to go on and on, like they were buying time because he was really hurt. Then it came back on and he was gone. Glad to hear he's OK. It was a good fight before that as well. Da Silva wasn't any great shakes technically but he was throwing big shots constantly and he bravely (or stupidly) stayed in the line of fire a few times and traded. That Semtex left hook is fucking lethal though.

I know Daley's a BAMMA boy for a while now and he's got visa issues and stuff, but I really hope he ends up back in the UFC one day. He won't reach championship level but he's great to watch. Maybe when his BAMMA run ends they'll talk. Dana definitely seemed more open to it a couple of months ago than he ever was before.

Just imagine Daley vs Lombard. Or Lawler, or Condit, or Matt Brown, or Erick Silva. Fuck, even a Daley vs Nick Diaz rematch.

Barnoui vs Freakshow was tremendous while it lasted. So much going on in such a short time. Back and forth, both got dropped. I'd never seen Barnoui until his fight with Curt Warburton but he's made a fan of me in just two fights. Really exciting to watch.

Wallhead's slam was just brutal. That was a KO of the year contender itself. Shame Wallhead and Daley won't fight because that could be fun, and it'd be a pretty big fight for BAMMA as well.

Really fun show. I've been watching BAMMA since pretty much the beginning and these last two shows in particular have been excellent. Oh and yeah, Ken Shamrock not chatting shit over it was an added bonus. Still not a fan of Trigg but I'm kind of numb to him from his days as Pride commentator. I'd love to see Dan Hardy in that role but don't know if he's a serious option. He was cornering Mac Danzig in the UFC last night anyway so obviously couldn't have done last night's show.

• Paid Members

yeh i can live with Trigg in there although im not a big fan (Trigg talks too much, he just babbles on) but i hope they never bring Shamrock back.

Was a really good lil show though, hope BAMMA keep it up going into 2014.

Quick question, why do BAMMA contest it's title fights over 3 rounds instead of 5?

• Paid Members

Yeah Shamrock made Trigg look like Brian Stann in comparison last time. Shamrock was chatting so much shite, like a demented uncle who hasn't taken his medication.

What happened to Schiavello? Could he just not make the last couple of shows or is he not with BAMMA at all now?

I don't mind Trigg, maybe I'd feel different if I had to listen to him every week but he'd be ok to listen to every so often.

Barnoui vs Freakshow was a fun fight and the Daley KO was just plain nasty. It would be great if the UFC did take Daley back, those fights Wand mentioned could all be great.

Edited by hbk4life