Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

What's Viva? That channel doesn't ring any bells with me. My shit freeview box better pick it up.

If you managed to avoid
they ran when they launched a few years back, and every cunt under the sun subsequently going around shouting "Up your Viva!", you're a very, very lucky man indeed.
Well I guess I'm lucky. Or at least I was until I clicked that link :(

• Paid Members

Great news with Bellator getting shown on UK TV. I haven't watched a lot of Bellator fights but the ones I have, particularly Alvarez vs. Chandler was terrific.

Yeh man, get on it. Ive been trying to do my bit to get people to watch on here, but other than a few its been abit of a failed effort. Bellator is well worth watching, each season they bolster their roster and the guys that are seen as 'Bellator originals' are gaining more notoriety in MMA circles. The shows are fan friendly too, for a weekly show it doesnt outstay its welcome, its short, snappy and looks the bollocks.Hopefully the UK deal is the kick up the arse people need to watch it :) Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Bellator is on ch.200 on Freview & 356 on Sky I believe. The best comment I've seen thus far at least we will be well versed in the top 100 tracks of the 80s while we wait.Why didnt they use MTV? Viacom own that too & surely that gets better viewing figures?

Edited by Snake Plissken

Wrong audience, surely? I'm sure the viewers of Cribs and Super Sweet 16 thingy aren't as interested in MMA as fans of South Park would be. I guess advertising comes into it too.Edit - Ebb, I've had in interest in Bellator from your write ups so you've made one convert who's looking forward to this!

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Yeah, Ebb got me into watching Bellator regularly as well. I was just tuning in for certain fights like Alvarez vs Huerta before that, but always meant to follow it properly. Ebb's write ups and then catching up on stuff I'd missed (thanks to recommendations from Ebb and Magnum Milano) got me up to speed and I followed the last year or so properly, although I fell behind at the end of last season because I had loads going on. With the TV deal, it will be way easier to follow. We can just Sky+ it now and not have to piss about downloading the weekly shows.As for going with VIVA and not MTV, Keith's reasons sound logical. Also, the fact VIVA is free and reaches more homes probably played a part as well.

Think this is decent to have a replay maybe a little late to gain a big following but better than nothing. Need the event live and a replay really. Either way I'm happy always found Bellator more exciting than any other MMA product I've seen. (Not that I've seen loads tbh)

I'll probably continue getting my Bellator events from the usual sources. All of this fucking about with dates and suchlike is no good. The results will be all over the MMA media by the next morning, and I'm not prepared to go 48 hours with no coverage.

• Paid Members

I'll give this Viva a chance. I hope they don't fuck about with it like Bravo did with Strikeforce though. I gave up with that in the end, they butchered the shows (even cut out an entire title fight in Melendez vs Aoki from whichever show that was on) and they'd move the days and times about all the time. Hopefully Viva will do a better job of it. With Bellator's shows being relatively short, I wouldn't think they'd need to edit it much or cut stuff out. The 48 hour delay is a pisser though, especially when they said 'live fights' in the original announcement.