Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah that's a very odd decision. You can't put your champion on the prelims. Mental. Zoila has had some dodgy decisions go her way but judges' incompetence isn't her fault and she's not exactly a boring fighter. I don't get it.

Caught Bellator 77 yesterday. Ebb's right about the Russians. It's odd how there haven't been more Russians in the UFC. Bellator seems to have no trouble finding them. Tiger Sarnavskiy impressed me too, he could be one watch over the next couple of years. I can tell he'll be someone I'll enjoy watching at the very least.

Falcao vs Shlemenko should be a great fight. Falcao's the kind of fighter who only does what he needs to do to win and no more. If he can coast in first gear he won't go to second a lot of times. But when he's forced he shows some scary aggression. Shlemenko's the sort of opponent that should force the best out of Falcao I think. And he's tough enough and skilled enough to not fold under Falcao's first barrage. Can't wait.

• Paid Members

i think the UFC avoids Russians because they haven't hit the market yet. MMA is pretty big in Russia but the UFC just coasts around it, other than Khabib Nurmagomedov i don't think they've signed another Russian in recent memory have they?

• Paid Members

Good show this week. Can't be arsed to get into everything but I enjoyed pretty much all the fights. Shame about the reffing though. What were them fuckers on?

The ref in the main event couldn't make his mind up what he was doing. There was a clear eye poke, he started to step in, then when Good attacked he just though "ah sod it" and let him put the guy out. I mean, Good was running away with the fight anyway but it's a shitty ending to the fight for all parties.

I like this Andrey Koreshkov. Wiping out Zaromskis in round 1 in style. Impressive. Again though, absolute shite ref. That stoppage was way late. Refs making dangerous calls like that should be suspended and fined in my opinion.

8_Andrey_Koreshkov_vs._Marius_Zaromskis_medium.gif

No excuse for it, Zaromskis was out. Wasn't moving, wasn't defending, fuck all. What was the ref doing? Also fuck all. To add insult to injury I've just noticed this on the gif...when he did finally think "Oh maybe I should stop this" he jumps in like a fat kid playing pile-on and he fucking catches Zaromskis in the face with his shoe.

Oh and...

digging_for_gold_medium.gif

Can't wait for Good vs Koreshkov. Could be a cracking final.

• Paid Members

yeh a couple of shocking stoppages for sure. Why the ref took so long to step in to save Zaromskis i'll never know, he was in the perfect position and just allowed Koreshkov to unload 8-9 unanswered shots to Zaromskis, Jimmy Smith was going mental on commentary. Koreshkov looks the business the though at 170.

Greg Franklin was 100% ready to step in and signify an eye poke in the Tsarev/Good fight (even though it didnt look like an eyepoke on replay), but because Good pushed forward Franklin got out of the way and allowed it to continue, very poor piece of refereeing, he should have got in between the guys and shouted stop...Franklin pussed out.

As for Dominique Steel above, the fucking chin on that guy!

• Paid Members

BellatorPoster79.jpg

bit of a badboy lineup this weekend :) looking forward to each of the 4 main card fights...i noticed Marcus "Lelo" Aurelio is on the prelims this weekend (not the old UFC fighter, but the crazy capoeira styled guy)...hoping he wins himself a tournament slot.

Bellator don't do bad shows these days.

• Paid Members

errr what the hell happened to Thiago Santos? he was battering Hale early, got into a bit of a clinch position, the ref seperated them and Santos was done, that's the quickest ive ever seen anyone fade in a fight, he basically quit 2 minutes into the fight (was there an injury to his jaw? he spat out a tooth) Props to Hall for surviving the onslaught by Santos basically beat himself...Hale's a bit of a character though, he's like a cocky pro wrestling heel, the guy certaintly doesn't lack confidence.

Outside of that Shamalaev continues the Russian invasion with a picture perfect right hand.

Lima/Ortiz was a brutal mismatch, Ortiz had no chance and Lima f'n punished him for 14 minutes and 50 seconds.

Ford/Baker was fight of the night, Kyle Baker looks like an old bare knuckle fighter and is as tough as one...that first round was harsh! Heart and guts though, he even came back and won a round on one card.

Bellator's next Welterweight tournament is gonna be the best in the promotion's history.

• Paid Members

Bellator 80 is friday:

SetWidth445-Bellator-80-Main-card-poster.jpg

-Owen Evinger vs. Joe Warren

-Wagnney Fabiano vs. Rad Martinez (Featherweight Tournament Semi-Final)

-Vinicius Queiroz vs. Alexander Volkov (Heavyweight Tournament Semi-Final)

-Darryl Cobb vs. Brett Cooper

another belter, Joe Warren's return is the big news obviously, can anyone come back from the two defeats he's been on the end of recently?

I think it's tells you the state of Bellator's heavyweight division when the tourament semi is between two blown up 205'ers, too determine a fight a with another blown up 205'er...should be a fun fight regardless.

• Paid Members

Only got around to watching last week's show today. Really enjoyed it, probably one of the best shows of the current season for me. Ford vs Baker was a great fight, Shamalaev looks really good so far and I always enjoy watching Lima's fights.

Bellator's next Welterweight tournament is gonna be the best in the promotion's history.

Have you seen this 'Vote for the fight' thing they're doing? You can vote for the first Bellator main event on Spike from a combination of Paul Daley, Douglas Lima, Ben Saunders and War Machine.

I just voted for Daley vs Saunders :thumbsup:

Vote here

http://www.spike.com/shows/bellator-vote-for-the-fight

I'm assuming they'll match up the other 2 against each other as well. So I'm hoping we get Daley/Saunders and Lima/War. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the TUF 6 teammates Saunders and War Machine go at it and have Daley vs Lima.

War Machine's defo the odd one out though. He's just got out of jail and he's irrelevant. The other 3 are all serious contenders to take the next tournament. I expect War will make for a fun fight though whoever they match him with. Can't really lose with any combination of these four.

Tonight's show could be good. I can't stand Joe Warren but there's always some drama with his fights, it will be interesting to see how he comes back from his last 2 fights. Looking forward to seeing more of Queiroz and I think Wagnney/Martinez could be a great fight.