The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I'm liking the Axewound stuff I've heard so far. My massive man-crush on Liam Cormier might have something to do with it though.

I've had the While She Sleeps album in my car since yesterday morning. 3 listens & it's excellent, instantly catchy with some really big tunes on there.

I've had the While She Sleeps album in my car since yesterday morning. 3 listens & it's excellent, instantly catchy with some really big tunes on there.

While She Sleeps play the following:

26th Sep - Birmingham The Library (HMV Institute)

27th Sep - Manchester Club Academy

28th Sep - Sheffield Corporation

29th Sep - Glasgow Garage

30th Sep - Newcastle O2 Academy

2nd Oct - Nottingham Rescue Rooms

3rd Oct - Bristol Fleece

4th Oct - Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms

5th Oct - Electric Ballroom London

The other day when I was driving to Leeds, I put on the 'Weight' album by Rollins Band. That album was pretty much THE soundtrack to my college and university years, it absolutely fucking slays and still sounds huge in this day and age. Top to bottom an alt-rock classic. It gets lost in the mix because Henry Rollins will remembered mostly for 'Liar' which is a great tune but there is more to the album than just that single. 'Disconnect', 'Fool', 'Icon', 'Civilized', 'Shine' are all belters.

Do yourself a favour and listen to it

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

anyone caught the new 'Scuzz meets...' show they have on errr Scuzz. Basically the host sits down with a band/band member and chats for an hour about random subjects, with some video's chucked in to break it up. It's pretty good, at first i thought the host was gonna be an annoying nonce but he's a decent interviewer. They've done em with Serj Tankian, Papa Roach, Machine Head, Slipknot and a few others so far. They repeat em all week but they are worth chucking on the sky planner.

• 2 weeks later...