The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I know they're old and don't completely wreck the place anymore but I'm going to have to see them on this tour. I decided to leave the 2012 shows and from the backlash they received, I was glad. But there's no way I cant not see them. They were extremely important to me in my younger years.

Cannot wait to hear the new material

Don't get me wrong, there is some great stuff on there but they absolutely rim Iron Maiden. Book of Souls wasn't even the best album released that month, never mind the year.

Doesn't everyone in a black t-shirt rim Iron Maiden these days? They could piss on babies and force them to eat shit whilst their mothers try to gargle Bruce Dickinsons spunk to the tune of Run To The Hills, at gunpoint. And everyone would say it's the greatest thing ever!

Meliora by Ghost should've won that. Although ever since they played Leeds festival, their gigs have been full of the hipster types. Big beards, little vests, spaghetti arms, sailor tattoos, only like Opus Eponymous because the band "sold out" after Infestissumam came out... You know the ones.

Iron Maiden with Bruce Dickinson are just one of those bands that metal fans feel they have to like and have to like everything they put out. It's cool to hate the Blaze Bayley era despite it still being the same core writers who write all the stuff that they laud over. They're the type of people who post shite like "Metallica haven't put out a decent album since Ride The Lightning! RIP Cliff!" and "No Bill Ward = No Black Sabbath"

I do agree though with you, Ghost - Meliora was by far and away the best album of last year. I can't say I really noticed hipster types when I saw them in December, but then I wasn't really paying attention to the makeup of the crowd. And they must be bad hipsters if they're still going to see if the band "sold out" on the previous album...unless they're being ironic ofcourse

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I do agree though with you, Ghost - Meliora was by far and away the best album of last year. I can't say I really noticed hipster types when I saw them in December, but then I wasn't really paying attention to the makeup of the crowd. And they must be bad hipsters if they're still going to see if the band "sold out" on the previous album...unless they're being ironic ofcourse

I saw them in Birmingham and Manchester for the December tour. Birmingham was teeming with the studenty/hipster types. Manchester not so much but there were a few.

They were probably being ironic, or they were there to see if the new singer was better than the old one. I know it's the same person, but I have a friend who is adamant that it's a different guy each album.

I agree with you on Blaze Bayley too, everyone says he ruined Iron Maiden. Like he just turned up one day and said "right boys, I'm your singer now, you have no choice, lets write some shit." Blaze isn't too bad in my books, I like most of his solo stuff aside from King of Metal, just a shame he couldn't hold on to anything in his life. Lost the small fortune he made as part of Maiden, willingly sacked the best line-up he ever had (The Man Who Would Not Die, Promise and Terror line-up) even his hair and bandanna had enough of him by the end of it. Poor guy.

I always thought his best lineup was the guys he had for Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension, the wheels started to fall off once the bass player and drummer left aswell as the other issues in his life.

Taking over from Bruce was a poisoned chalice from the start.

Also, your mate who thinks the Ghost singer changes. Is he just going along with the joke or does he genuinely believe it's a different guy